It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN FAKE News? 'Murder hornets' spotted in the US for the first time, scientists say!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

For the first time, Asian giant hornets have been spotted in the United States, specifically in Washington state, scientists say

'Murder hornets' spotted in the US for the first time, scientists say

Memo to CNN: The above statement is not factually true nor accurate

To any and all MODS, My statement in this thread is true and I have well over one dozen witnesses who have seen these exact same bees in my yard going back to 2009. I also have a picture somewhere of one as that was taken [3] moves ago as that picture was sent to the Cornell University Cooperative Extension in Erie County for identification. Cornell confirmed it was a Asian Giant Hornet.

At more than two inches long, they're the world's largest hornets with a sting that can kill humans if bitten multiple times, according to experts at the Washington State University. Researches have nicknamed them "murder hornets." "They're like something out of a monster cartoon with this huge yellow-orange face," Susan Cobey, a bee breeder at the Washington State University's department of entomology, said recently.

Why has this story now just popped up. Coincidence? Or are they now just trying to stir the soup for the "special purpose" cauldron back in CNN.

Well CNN and those "scientists" I have news for yooze.

These wasps were in New York State before 2009. I know this for a fact. I had several yellow apple and pear trees in my yard. Just as they were ripening in September these huge mongus bees would eat the apples and pears from the inside out from the bottom up and would leave the skin intact such that you would have a perfect hollowed out core left on the tree with a hole at the bottom. There were so prehistoric like as they were so god dang huge. Numerous relatives saw them so it just isn't me and my story.

Many would drown in our pool. I surmised they got drunk on the alcohol on the over ripened or partial rotten apples or pears.

So what did I do, I killed them all with can of wasp spray that shoots out 20' which took several years and sent a picture of one to the Cornell University Cooperative Extension in Erie County. They came back and told me that they were Asian Giant Hornets. At that time I lived on Grand Island, New York which is along the Canadian border. I also contacted the NYS DEC. They just shrugged didn't seem concerned at all.

So they rip other bees heads off and attack people?

1. Do they kill honey bees? I have no idea.

I never saw them go after any other bee or insect, just my apples and pears. There were enough of them that they basically could wipe out the entire tree of fruit.

2. Do they attack people?

NO In my opinion. Even when I was spraying them with wasp and hornet killer they never went after me. They also stayed away from our pool which was about 20' feet from the fruit trees. Plus during all the time we spent around the pool in September and October, yes folks, near Buffalo, New York, never once were we, our pets or our guests ever attacked by these bees. In fact we never knew they were there.

3. Can they kill you if stung multiple times.

Yes, same as with ground bees. In that same yard the ground bees sought out to attack my dog. Then me. I was stung over 15 times. I had to go to the hospital for shots after I took my Dog Kelly to the Emergency Vet Clinic for several shots. Let me tell you. Those bees will chase you. We ran almost 30 yards into the garage and they were stinging us all the time. For some reason they did not fly into the garage. They hovered and finally left. Their sting is actually a bite and they hang on. You physically have to remove them from the dog and yourself.

So what is CNN doing along with those "scientists" who claim for the 1st time? Possibly the 1st time in Washington State. However, not for the 1st time in the USA.

As the NYS DEC told me they probably emigrated to the USA over the border from Canada in a shipping pallet.

Why is this story just now coming out. Well, to keep the sheep on edge as you can tell by my aviatar I am and old goat and don't trust everything I read! Hay, notice how smart the goat looks!

edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: forgot the link

edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: poor use of grammar

edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: revised

edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: revised title

edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
About your questions if hornets bite bees head off.

Hornets want the honey and also kill bees at the entry of their stock. They have a tactic grouping together and overheating the attacking hornet. They even drag it into their stock to kill it there. If one hornet leaves, the rest may follow back.

Some hornets like the oriental ones can take more heat. Many bee stocks changed behavior and now try to suffocate them. I could imagine that with these hornets when they fight, they may cut of a head or two maybe.

It could be a similar thing with the Canadian ones but I did not check. Just some thought input.

I know a bit about hornets, wasps and bees but I am not a professional.

edit on 3-5-2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
"Murder Hornets" ....

They just can't stop trying to scare people. No matter what mundane occurrence, it's got to be out to getcha'.

BTW, I agree with your assessment of the ground bees/wasps/hornets. Freekin' aggressive. I get stung by the buggers every summer. Little butt holes.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My girlfriend showed me an article she got from face book. It too said that these Asian "murder hornets" (China anyone?) where new to the States, but I remember that happening some ten years ago when they were found in one of the more central eastern states like New Jersey. Huge but generally harmless.

The largest naturally occurring wasp we have in Michigan is the Cicada killer wasp, very close to the same size and they are mostly non-aggressive and harmless.

Waterglass - The idea that it eats fruit like apples and pears they way you describe sounds like it would be a problem up here in Michigan's orchard country. So it not only kills domestic bees but it can strip the fruit off a fruit tree, very bad for our orchards and honey production.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

All I know is that they are monster huge. I cant comment on them taking out other bees via decapitation. My wife read the CNN story and she said "what a load bullsheep and absolute sensationalism" The NYS DEC told me go ahead and kill them as they are an intrusive species. They never said anything about the bees attacking humans. We never saw it.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Woah...what a great story.....not so much for the ones gettin bit by the ground bees.....they chase just about 30 yds......right on the tippy top of my head 5 of em.....a ping pong paddle woulda got em....used my hand to bat em on my part in my hair

A 2 inch hornet is a sight from he'll imagine

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Giant Hornets do indeed decimate bee colonies. It's well documented that they will tear through a hive and bite the heads off of the native bees.

However, you're correct about the bees "cooking" their intruders. The bees learned the hard way.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I can say that they have been here on the east coast since at least 2009 as well, I had a nest of them on the edge of my property.
I kept seeing them flying around my yard and staring watching them, they were coming and going from the same area so I went to check , and they had an underground nest or they were inside of an old hollow tree.
I couldn't really see the entrance because of the overgrowth of bushes, and I wasn't able to go poking around in there and stir them up...that would be like kicking a hornet's nest...
Anyway they were only there for one season and were gone ,from my property anyway but still saw them here and there.

Actually they have been here for longer than that because I just remembered that we had them on the farm over 20 years ago.
edit on 3080000005 by JHumm because: To and

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

They took out my entire crop of apples and pears for at least 4+ years. I had a Golden Delicious Apple Tree and the large Yellow Pear trees.

Dang bees are "chuckin my fruits again"

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ditto on the fact these guys have been around awhile.

They have been in western Ky for several years now.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I did some lookups. The "canadian hornet" is actually the European Hornet and not really big. I mean, they are big, bigger than wasps and bees, I have some each year around but not as big as the oriental ones.

These things you will hear from far away like a chopper. As a kid I was terrified by them, even the small European ones. Too big and too loud and to mobile. Never know where it is the next second. I got stung once, it is not that bad.

Had a wasp sting me behind the ear because it was caught in my hair, that hurt much more.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
30 Japanese Giant Hornets kill 30,000 Honey Bees
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.google.com...://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_hornet&ved=2ahUKEwja_oah6JfpAhUaCs0KHRKCAVwQFjAdegQIAxAB &usg=AOvVaw2fDI94aXOVNpdODuE9QOeJ Pretty sure this is what you've seen.Since they are large,eat fruit and you've not seen them attacking honeybees this is very likely the insect.A very easy misidentification,they are large and look very similar.They love apples,we have them here too.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

As a kid we were in our woods behind the house on summer vacation and were playing on top of a dead tree. The ground bees got out and began stinging us. We ran back to our house and that was over 130 yards they were stinging us all the way right up to the house. My mother heard us screaming came out and began to hit the bees off us with a rug and water from the garden hose. Every kid was stung over 10 times. All [5] of us.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I saw a similar made documentary, if not that one. It is like they slaughter the ones that defend themselves to make a statement, it seems.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That confirms it! They do kill honey bees. I now believe

However:

[1] The CNN story overall is FAKE news. The Asian Giant Hornets have been in USA for years.

[2] USA needs to bring home more jobs from Asia Pacific region to preserve the environment, our fish, animals and our plant species. That should be the Green NEW Deal

[3] NO open borders. Again to preserve the species native to North America. Think "Red Squirrel versus Gray [England] Think Asian Carp, Dutch Elm Disease and many many more. This is an environmental issue.
edit on 3-5-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Nice research! Thanks

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Your link is busto

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

CNN needs to revise their story as its not entirely accurate. It also seems to have been written to scare people

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

When you say 'ground bees' I assume you mean European Wasps (vespula germanica) ?
AKA 'Yellowjackets' in some locations
They're black and yellow striped, a bit larger than actual honey bees and can sting multiple times unlike a true bee which gets a single shot with its barbed stinger.

Those giant hornets would be far from the sort of climate they evolved in (equatorial Asia) and the long extreme winters of Northern USA/Canada probably wipe out most of the colonies every year.

edit on 3/5/2020 by Pilgrum because: grammar mishap

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join