It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits in no hurry to open up again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
guardian link

Some brits are desperate to open up their corporate money hoovering operations again , of course.

But the rest of us , the employees and unwilling customers of such leviathans which squeeze all smaller competiton from markets with ruthless plots , are not bothered yet .

This is where the media are going to get a millstone dropped on them too , this guardian article calling us " fearful Brits " . The radio 4 little worms saying , " but health rests on the economy too " ...

No it doesn't. You sneaky cheating turdshapers . You just want us back at work in your sh#tstem . Because your masters are losing out . HEY !! F you !!

Now then , cases are at plus 4000 new cases a day.
This started in this country with under 9 cases . Until it's down to 0 new cases , you're not opening up again.

The coronavirus has a case fatality rate of 15 % .
If you media types want to think we re fearful you want to think again .
We re not completely f stupid , that's more like it.
We like being alive and well , oddly enough .

The McCorporations , might be desperate to start selling their crappy beer and overpriced slop in their chain owned pubs which pay their pathetic minions a pittance to serve it . They have been so willing to hail their unhealthy disease vector slaves who sit there checking out sugar bulked crap in supermarkets as " essential """ frontline """ workers " . But guess what ... nobody sane likes getting ill with a 15 % chance of karking it , they're not into taking risks like that .

Call them fearful all you like you lying profit hungry snakes . We re not buying it , we hope your so called economy goes tits up in the water actually . We hope the slave runner Babylon gets wiped out in an epic way , and , Leviathan drowns .

edit on 3-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

You seem to hate free market economics. Who is your master? The government that spoon feeds you welfare by the sound of it.

Also, got any stats to back up the 15% mortality claim?
edit on 352020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

And why just the UK?
I'll wager a Queen's Pound OP is from across the Pond

And we all know how well the Yanks are coping at present.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Same here.

I lost my job and I am looking for a new short time one. I prey on the ones that will refuse to go back to work. If they do not need their job and rather be sucking social benefits, they can do that.

There is just one thing, I hope that does not happen. That is the government enabling those, by giving them sort of extra rights and protection. There are people out there that desperate need a job and are willing to work any job.

If I got a call today I could clean toilets tomorrow, I would be eager to show up. Everything is better than sitting around and using up my savings.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

These statements don't equate to rationale.

P.S ahhh a Welshman! Is there a sane one amongst you buggers? I say that with all the love in the world having known a few

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

We do have a smattering of sane People, just none in the Welsh Assembly Government

Plus you can visit for free now the Severn Bridge toll has been abolished

edit on 3-5-2020 by Cymru because: Dodgy grammar.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Who is your master?

maybe this is just me, but question seems better aimed at those who are eager to jump back to work, barely scraping by and putting their health at risk to earn massive bonuses for the CEOs - who you just know will be shielded safely from all of this.

And i understand, you gotta earn a living. But does that situation seem right to you? we're all victims down here on the regular people floor, and if we could stop chewing on each other's limbs for twenty seconds it would be pretty clear to everyone who the real enemy is.
edit on 3-5-2020 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Haha fair call.

I'm not familiar with the bridge if I'm honest, I'm am Aussie and not been there before.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

You seem to hate free market economics. Who is your master? The government that spoon feeds you welfare by the sound of it.

Also, got any stats to back up the 15% mortality claim?

John Hopkins

You sound like another mug who actually wants a job cleaning toilets in Asda.

Make all your assumptions idgaf , but call people fearful when there's that to see in the link, you can do one.

They're not thick , reckless or willing to take it in the a hole for tuppence either

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Still no explanation as to why this missive is aimed squarely at the UK when the entire World is at its knees.
And yes, I was a wage slave to Supermarkets but that put me through University back in the day.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Either way you look at this, if it was a General strike. Because the effects are the same although the reason is different, the effect of a lockdown and a General strike on the economy would have the same economic impact. The only difference is that the Gov. is paying the strike pay, and at the moment the troops are not being deployed to break the pickets. But in the end not withstanding the difference between a General strike, or an enforced lockdown, will the political changes at the end of this be the same as a general strike. It might sound weird to suggest this, but if you break a leg running, or break a leg falling down stairs, you still break a leg.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

And i understand, you gotta earn a living. But does that situation seem right to you? we're all victims down here on the regular people floor, and if we could stop chewing on each other's limbs for twenty seconds it would be pretty clear to everyone who the real enemy is.

No you just pretend to do so. In your next sentence you already play it down by writing "does it seem right to you"?

Please be specific what you want to say with this. What are you implying? What is your solution other than sitting on your hands?

This thing adds 0.4% deaths per year wich is tragic in the sense that it is unnecessary like every death is. Why should we be dictated by such a small percentage? It is always the same, look I am bi but you will not see me advocating making 99% lives harder just so I can have the luxury of choosing wich toilet room I visit, that I do not even want, need or asked for. I just want to do my business there ffs.

Where is the outrage about the people that die each year on work accidents because they did not had the right equipment or were pressured into overworking? Zero!

This whole situations shows how pretentious people are. "OH yeah I understand you need to work BUT (insert lazy excuse)".

Your BUT is helping no one here. Stay at home if you want. I prey on types like you that do not value their workplace. I will glad to dust off your or anyone's desk and start working.
edit on 3-5-2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I won't speak on behalf of those corporations that would sell their mothers for a profit...

But here's the thing: While you seem to enjoy your privilege of staying home and staying safe, too many people don't have that option. They are the essential workers that keep the world going so that YOU can stay safe at home and temporarily protected.

My husband works in a very specialized field. An essential field that keeps essential equipment functioning properly for emergency responders among others. And the company he works for is about the only ones in the state (and actually a couple adjoining states), to do this work. The shutdowns make his work that much more difficult. And his life in general that much more difficult. And we're not even talking about the risk of CoVid!

There are many many other essential workers who are literally "essential" and make it possible for others -- like you -- to stay home safe and protected.

But it's not forever. It's a strategy to slow the spread. Not stop the spread. Everyone will catch this sooner or later... well, unless something else kills them first.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Getting personal now I see...

Before you call others mug or whatever, please backup your 15% death rate claim. Yes I would clean toilet. It is better than going through hardships just because of my ego.

If you once experienced how it is to wake up hungry, go to bed hungry, especially when you are young, you do not want to relive this. You can bend over if you want and collect your benefits or go broke if you get none.

BTW you do a great job of typing untrue things all the time and people get tired pointing it out.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Where is your self respect ? It is damned schoolteachers that took that from you , made you compliant to a system that makes you needy , so you can go cap in hand for work. And meanwhile Mr Walmart looks down at you and laughs .
Sorry but the mainstreamed media brought out the worst in me this morning calling people fearful when they're capable of making their own choices. I am downright sick of their mindwash everyday . Calling them fearful when there's something to definitely steer clear of , I'm disgusted absolutely √÷÷°==¥ed off they are dirty dirty °^¢®™©©

coronavirus.jhu.edu...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I”m very fortunate to be in IT as my job allows me to work from home very easily.

But i hate it. Utterly hate it.

I miss my teammates, working together, social lunches. Hell I even miss the commute; while i often moan at British public transport, it gave me time to ‘unwind’ on the way to and from work.

Lastly, work is work. home is home. Right now, the two are the same and I hate it; i don’t like the lack of separation. I liked that going to work meant work and going home was NOT work.

Maybe I’m alone in this view, but i really cannot wait to get back out there.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

You ask me where my self respect is?

Do you understand that you just called everyone working these essential jobs lacking self respect?

If people would be so self responsible like you are saying, jobs like cleaning a toilet would not even exist. Do you think I would have fun doing this?

If you had a child and needed money, would you let it starve or get hungry to bed just because of your "self-respect". You seem like that kind of person, you certain use the right words to give this impression.

I am disgusted by you.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Where is your self respect ? It is damned schoolteachers that took that from you , made you compliant to a system that makes you needy

My wife is a school teacher, teaching reception and year 1.

She’s been looking after the children of front line workers so THEY can do their jobs in order that the rest of us have resources, NHS and other vital services we all depend.

Get stuffed, you selfish pr*ck.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Still no explanation as to why this missive is aimed squarely at the UK when the entire World is at its knees.
And yes, I was a wage slave to Supermarkets but that put me through University back in the day.

It's that guardian headline , Leviathan is a global enemy of the people .

So you worked for supermarkets , the same as ruin farmers and rape the land , the same as take your picture for facial id info to sell and won't let you take pictures in store. The same as cheapen the atmosphere with sick advertising and control food quality downwards do it's makes everyone unhealthy , the same as rip their employees off everyday all to rack up billions in profits which all goes in the same evil bigots pockets. All so you could kiss some fat managerial ass saying you have a uni degree to somehow do better in a system that was set up to screw you and friends and family and everyone else for life.
good one

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Where is your self respect ? It is damned schoolteachers that took that from you , made you compliant to a system that makes you needy

My wife is a school teacher, teaching reception and year 1.

She’s been looking after the children of front line workers so THEY can do their jobs in order that the rest of us have resources, NHS and other vital services we all depend.

Get stuffed, you selfish pr*ck.

There's nothing vital about any of their # they do.
Eat # you fascists lackeys

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join