It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffett cut n run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, well seems Mr Warren Buffett knows something we here at ATS know also and he's bailing on the four major US Airlines, by selling every single share.

He's saying he's done it because hardly no one is going to be traveling for a good 2 to 3 years.... What!?!

Great now we need to grow wings FFS! 🦸‍♂️🧚‍♀️

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
People will start traveling, the tourism industry will hang out deals that would be too good to pass up for people who frequently vacation.

Now, I can see the future of business travel being forever a fraction of what it was.

Buffett is a classic investor that picks things based on solid financial aspects. It's questionable if before this they were ever really a good investment, I'm sure he held some stocks simply for diversification reasons.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The airlines will be subdued for a couple of years, remember, lots of people are spooked now and that will not be ending for ten years. Buffets and salad bars at restaurants will be gone for a couple of years, I am going to miss the Chinese buffet. That is life in the new fearmonger world we have created.

I think that cruise ships are a thing of the past, I am not upset that they are going to ge belly up, hopefully they do not give these industries too much bail out money. Although, they would make decent medical ships for the navy. But the government should give them ten cents on the dollar of what it cost to build them..

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Airline seat dimensions have been getting smaller and smaller so they can shovel more people in on every trip.

This concept of squishing people in will come back and haunt them. Same with cruise ships, pack em in boys, pack em in.

Well, now they get their reward for being turds.

P

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

Possibly because he lost $50 billion from Berkshire Hathaway yesterday?

edit on 2-5-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Buffet is old, fat and eats McDonald's everyday. He earned his coin I'll give him that but this economy is going to re-thefvck bound pretty quick. I had flights cancelled. I will take those flights right fvcking now if they let me. I will also go to baseball, NBA, NFL games. I honestly do not give a fvck. I'm not going to live my life boxed in a cage. I haven't worn a mask since day one. I go to the hardware store, local garden centers, gas stations. If I was an obese fat bastard no but I'm not. I'm in fine shape. Can jog 5 miles any given day on a dime and workout. I probably already got the virus because I traveled in MAR and starting having some whacky respitory issue that lasted 3 days then stopped. FVCK this fat slob. I'd love to punch this tool in the face with all my might. He acts like a liberal but is a total capitalist slug.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Are you saying liberals can't be capitalist slugs? Lol. No one said you have to live your life in boxed cage. Get some sleep.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

Buffet will invest into companys that are going to give the most return, with consideration to risk above all.

He was speculating a few weeks back that cruises will bounce back quicker compared to airlines. And he might be right.
The rich mans inside joke is, how do you make a billionaire into a millionaire? You start an airline. It's a fragile business. And Buffet isn't one to take risks.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Well, I haven't checked but maybe one good thing out of this is BSHW shares may be selling for less than $130 a share!

Or maybe not.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

What I'm saying is Buffet has no morale high ground. He is 100% going to capitalize on any given situation no matter what but portrays himself as a staunch liberal. He is a POS. He would sell out any company or anyone to make a fvcking dime. Of course he is selling his airline stock. To that I say I will travel at will and fvck him. I hope he underestimates Americans and loses his ass off. Fvck this guy.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: ColoradoJens

What I'm saying is Buffet has no morale high ground. He is 100% going to capitalize on any given situation no matter what but portrays himself as a staunch liberal. He is a POS. He would sell out any company or anyone to make a fvcking dime. Of course he is selling his airline stock. To that I say I will travel at will and fvck him. I hope he underestimates Americans and loses his ass off. Fvck this guy.

You literally just described USA corporate Capitalist Society.

Tell that to ALL the other people who own companies and try to make money.

If you think nice guys win in business I got a bridge to sell you.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No surprise from Buffet , as he has been doing this over a period of some years now.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

As opposed to other business men who were just biding their time?

Crass unbridled Capitalism is ugly I agree.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Heh...you ain't seen nothin' yet!!!

When they come back, you'll be lucky to sit down at all!

Want a seat belt? Get out your credit card!
The oxygen mask is free, but the tube to connect it will cost ya $20 bucks!
Overhead bin space? HA!! There's passengers up there now! Stuff it, Pal!
Checked luggage? What's the limit on your VISA card?
Non-stop flight?? LOLOLOLOL!!! (Yer killin' us here!). We're gonna' stop in every single gawd damned city with more than 12 people in it along the way!!!

"Thanks for flying on, uhh, tolerating ...**insert airline name**

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: rickymouse

Airline seat dimensions have been getting smaller and smaller so they can shovel more people in on every trip.

This concept of squishing people in will come back and haunt them. Same with cruise ships, pack em in boys, pack em in.

Well, now they get their reward for being turds.

P

I do not like being a sardine.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

"What I'm saying is Buffet has no morale high ground. He is 100% going to capitalize on any given situation no matter what ..."

Very good point, thanks.

Where is Buffet aiming to put his cash?

Just a question, I dont have any opinion.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Buffet is a globalist insider...an Illuminati slave master...just ask Jay Z...both throwing up the triangle sign of brotherhood...How must are so fooled the think this man is a financial genius...carry on sheep...a reply to: ColoradoJens

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: Gothmog

As opposed to other business men who were just biding their time?

Crass unbridled Capitalism is ugly I agree.

?
Buffet had already pulled some major investment capital from some tech companies .

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

Where is Buffet aiming to put his cash?

In some , if not most cases , the money is Berkshire Hathaway .
In answer to your question :
Probably back into tech companies.

join