It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks in public - huge and rapid shift in the “New Norm”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

People react to fear and authority. I watched a dingus shopping when this whole thing first started to break. Not just him, but others. Not the most educated or informed folks but they were paranoid as hell about this. They wiped anything they touched, cans of soup, eggs, detergent, anything and everything. Then they'd toss the wipes on the floor or throw their gloves on the ground and of course they were wearing masks. Buying enough for a month long stay at home. And crappy junk food, nothing healthy. So how informed are they about health issues are they to begin with? Masks. If you know anything, you know that masks won't protect you beyond a very slight measure. If you're sick, they will help protect others, a slight bit. But fear and ignorance drives them to want to feel safe so they cling to that. And others want a chance to push others around and lash out at them. In the old days, they'd ostracize and publicly punish people they felt strayed from the norm. We're still at that level of mentality when it comes down to it. Nobody can stray from the accepted norm, especially if they might pose a threat in other peoples minds. of course, its the authorities and society that decides what is right and wrong. Social distancing is pointless as well. If 20 feet is what is a recommended minimum, how did we settle on 6 feet? That was just what could be doable in the work place and social settings. Fear, ignorance and stupidity. People will eventually just get sick of this and let's hope the closet fascists don't lose it when they start having people taking off their masks and going back to living normally.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Masks for me it is not a big deal since virus go through mouth or nose, coughing or spiting. (Plus people stops smoking in public)

Bigger issue is social distancing which moves people away from each other, destroying interaction which is essential for healthy society.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
In Japan it was always a thing for decades, done for reasons of being socially conscientious , have a cold don't spread it to others, or protection from dirty air.

New normal?? maybe, wouldn't hurt to buy stocks in up and coming start-up mask companies.

I'm thinking it must not be everyone wearing a mask or else they wouldn't been caught by the virus in the first place. And that's the thing. Unless EVERY last person follows all sanitizing protocol every minute of the day, then any virus or bacteria can take hold.

Seriously, the virus can get in and on your hair, your clothes, your hands etc. Everyone would need to stay in a bubble, have a disinfection/decontamination chamber before entering their home etc.

You can take things too far and as devastating as the virus is to specific groups of people, for the rest, it's not a serious threat.

Here's a mobile disinfection unit that is manufactured in Russia.....uses uhhhh formaldehyde!?!?!?!. YIKES. I guess you could switch out the 'oh so safe' gasses lol.

I like this one, a Turkish mfg'd unit.

edit on 7-5-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It's like the u.s.s. muhammed is going to fly by the planet...and they wanted to trick us into sharia law really quickly in case they looked in on us. Face coverings, almost nobody on the road for awhile, people standing as far away from the oppostie sex as a middle school dance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join