It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catchin' RATS!! BIG RATS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Rats are a problem. Rats are SMART! Catching and killing destructive rats is very difficult!!

Rats destroy stuff, a LOT of stuff! AND, we have some of the most destructive RATS of ALL!! PACK RATS!! OMG...these are the most destructive animals imaginable!! OH, and, they're the smartest rats of all!!! They avoid traps, they're smart, they never eat poison...just SMART RATS!!

Well, we've figured out a way to get them...and they're not happy! Rat traps are deadly to the dogs and cats. SO....We've started putting them on the walls! They're out of reach of the pets, but the RATS love them! I catch several RATS a night now, and it doesn't take many (they're territorial).

SNAP!!!! ……. SNAP!!!...….two DEAD rats!!!! YAY!!!

A full-on rat trap will break your fingers, seriously. They're not like a mouse trap. These bad-boys will full-on break your fingers if you don't know what you're doing.

DEAD RATS...YAY!!!

NEXT!!!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here dude..try this...it's the ultimate.
Works on rats and mice.
Great for hay barns.
I wouldnt screw on the ramps though. (For an easier time dumping bucket.)

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

When rats are the problem.....call the Mink Man !

edit on 2-5-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You need Joseph Carter, the Mink Man.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

lmao Beat me to it!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I remember when I was getting ready to head to college one year.

Family took a trip to Minnesota, so my car was parked out at the farm while we were there. Pack Rat took a liking to it, and made a nest under the hood. Chewed out all my vacuum hoses. I remember watching grandpa chase that sucker through my car.

I had never seen my grandfather come that close to swearing ... ever.

Turns out the pack rats had a thing for his old pickup truck too, so that was not grandpa's first rodeo with the little jerks.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is WAR!!!

These are THE most destructive animals known to mankind!!

I set a trap the other night, and walked out the door...**BAM!!** Just that fast, I no sooner shut the door than this rat "offed" himself!!!

But...they get smarter. The first rats are easy. The later ones are much more wary.

I've had good luck with cut up CD's (reflective)...they'll usually leave something for one of these. I've used sardines, they work good...for a while. Peanut butter...one or two rats. Now, I'm screwing the rat traps to the walls in the barn. My wife was getting upset about the dogs (and she was right). These traps will break a dog's foot, easy!

It's raining (sort of) tonight, so they should be in, hunting.

Baiting more traps now.

Again...this is...WAR!

edit on 5/2/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I hear ya, dude. I just spent the entire day doing my best to ‘control’ field rats 🐀 that have been wreaking havoc on my garden. They’ve taken up in impenetrable azalea 🌺 ‘forest’ — it’s super old and may be upwards of 50 years old so it’s hard to call it a bush/shrub — and we have dogs so poisoning was out; trying several ‘garden hacks’ and praying the work done today and to be continued to tomorrow saves the garden.

I have a barred owl that preys over here every few weeks — maybe the removed azalea cover is just the thing Mr. Owl needs for nature to eliminate them.

Best of luck.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I just set out a bunch of traps, all up out of the dog's reach. I've got about (5) different kind of traps.

Sticky traps don't EVEN work with these guys! They're WAY too smart for those! Plus, I think they're too big too, so they can just pull their feet out of them.

I've got a buddy who has a night vision camera, and we've watched these things. Boy, are they SMART!! If one gets nailed by something, another one won't go near what got the first one. Fortunately, these rats are territorial so we don't have droves of them. Once you get the family, you've got them...for the moment.

I got momma, in my skidsteer, about two weeks ago. She had babies, because she had full teets...so now I'm going after the rest of the family!

One of these bastages did $5,000 dollars of damage to my skidsteer last year!! WAR!! (chewed up all the wiring under the cab and paralyzed my skid) Cost me five grand to get it fixed!!! Absolute VERMIN, these things!!

edit on 5/2/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Here dude..try this...it's the ultimate.
Works on rats and mice.
Great for hay barns.
I wouldnt screw on the ramps though. (For an easier time dumping bucket.)

When the rat touches the food it triggers ten thousand volts to shock it into the water where it gets electricuted. I like my idea better, a rat will get out of that bucket. They could spring right out.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Rats!

edit on 2-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"All decent folk find the common rat repulsive. Harbinger of disease, it scavenges on our waste-heaps and frightens our children. How immeasurably worse then is the foul Skaven - standing on its hindlegs in foul parody of a human. Rats as tall as man, and blessed with the most vile intellect and cunning. They are the dark side of our souls, come to destroy us for our sins."
+++ Albrecht of Nuln. Burned at the stake, IC 1301 for pernicious declamation

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You got my attention when you mentioned that you had dogs and moved your traps. It reminded me of a rat problem that my family encountered We lived in the country in a small house, we had well water and electricity. The house was small with a dirt basement supported by timbers.
The house was infested with rats. I recall having a bath in winter and hearing the rats fighting with each other in the confines of the bath and walls for the warmth afforded from the warm bath water.
One day we were having company over, and we had just gotten a new pup. My step father (pos that he is) moved the rat poison off the floor in the basement and put it in the rafters so he could leave the pup in the basement while the company was visiting.
The following day when he went to retrieve the puppy, to his surprise he was finding dead rats all over. For some reason they would not eat the poison off the floor but if it was in the rafters, they had no problem eating it.
I can go on with lots of stories of rats, like the time the water in our kitchen tap was running slow, our drinking water. StepDad unscrews the filter from the tap and guess what?
Its full of hair.
Pull the cover off the well, sure enough, decomposed rat I don`t know how long we had been drinking it, only that it was long enough for it to be decomposed.
Running around outside barefoot and stepping on something soft and warm, go to investigate...its a rat I just unknowingly stepped on and killed.
StepDad waking us up early mornings with a shotgun blast (around 5 am.) just before he left for work ...just another rat shot in the celler.
Rats are cute though and they are very smart.
Just thought I would share.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Just hope you don't find one with four anthropomorphic turtles. Then you'll have problems.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Night scope on a pellet rifle would be handy to take out a few.And king snakes also would be good to have around,they eat venomous snakes as a bonus.a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

join