It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to revive the U.S. oil industry overnight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Trump makes the following announcement:

“Effective immediately, the United States is withdrawing all military personnel and assets from the Persian Gulf region.

“U.S. personnel stationed in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain, the UAE, Qatar and Oman will be flown home ASAP and their equipment removed by airlift and sealift.

“U.S. warships will remain in the Gulf only until all ground and air units have withdrawn.

”The USA will no longer intervene in conflicts in the region. We no longer have vital national interests in the Gulf.

“We will no longer restrain Israel from any military action against any nation, including Iran.”

Think that might see a spike in oil prices?

America no longer has a need for oil imported from anywhere but Canada, if that. The Saudis have 28 supertankers full of oil headed our way, and no one wants the stuff. We can’t even consume or store our own production so we’re shutting down wells and fields left and right.

The ungrateful Saudis — largely responsible for wrecking our oil industry — should be dead to us. I’m sure the Chinese would love to take our place, but that would mean godless commies defending one of the most conservative nations on Earth, which would provoke thousands of whack jobs to even greater heights of lunacy. The Chinese would have to betray the Iranians after backing them for years.

The Russians are allies of Iran and fighting the Saudis for a bigger share of the oil export market. They have problems all around the periphery of their gigantic nation and are only a shadow of the world power they used to be. The oil market implosion has left them strapped for cash, so the Saudis would likely have to pay for their protection.

Maybe the Europeans could take over since they can do everything better than us, but the job requires courage, will power, boatloads of money and dealing with crazy people on a continuous basis. Good luck with that and don’t call us when things inevitably go south.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ideally oil prices are high so that alternative energies are more economically viable. Solar is getting more affordable each year. 0.25$/watt last time I checked (plus inverter, battery, etc). Oil is a dying giant and we shouldn't put it on life support. Solar in combination with electric cars is a necessity if we want to keep the planet clean. The free market will take its course eventually, no green deal required.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Yeah I don’t think the people who control him would be too happy about that.

But points for thinking.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

“We will no longer restrain Israel from any military action against any nation, including Iran.”

Here we go.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How? By tweeting of course! Don't tell me that Trump tweet about oil industry hasn't made any difference!?!?!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

How do you stop doing something you’re already not doing?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

"Maybe the Europeans could take over since they can do everything better than us, but the job requires courage, will power, boatloads of money and dealing with crazy people on a continuous basis. Good luck with that and don’t call us when things inevitably go south."

Haha, thats the funniest thing I've read here in ages.

Fair play, you play the self deprecating humour card really well.

Star and flag for you good sir.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

But points for thinking.

You still believe that? Wow. Points for being consistent anyway.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Israel could have wiped all the surrounding countries off the map and made them just a memory if they so desired.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I like Trump. I think thIs is a hell of a good idea.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'd personally nuke Israel myself if they honestly thought they could get away with doing the same to others.

Having such power is nothing to brag about and MAD is gift amongst allies too.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

But points for thinking.

You actually believe Donald Trump is different?

You know, you could go to opensecrets and look at the people who have been paying him millions for policy decisions, but I think that’s really expecting too much from followers. You guys will buy anything if it’s dressed up a certain way.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Doesn't work that way.

Besides... We don't only buy oil. We export as well. All oil is not created equally, There is a reason why we import certain oil from certain places. It has everything to do with refining.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Edumakated

I'd personally nuke Israel myself if they honestly thought they could get away with doing the same to others.

Having such power is nothing to brag about and MAD is gift amongst allies too.

Israel doesn't need to nuke anyone...

They've shown incredible restraint.

I don't think there will ever be peace in the Middle East until we let Israel and the fanatics duke it out till the end. There has to complete destruction of one or the other.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Its on my radar. I am back in the game for the first time since 2014. When I picked the wrong direction ETF on Natural Gas Futures and I lost $1000's

Now I am watching this guy:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

If you're going to do what I think you're going to do... Don't do it! You wont have enough property to store it before you can sell it. lol

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

But points for thinking.

You actually believe Donald Trump is different?

You know, you could go to opensecrets and look at the people who have been paying him millions for policy decisions, but I think that’s really expecting too much from followers. You guys will buy anything if it’s dressed up a certain way.

I did. You conveniently neglected to mention the fact that these are not businesses Trump has a part in, just that he has a personal connection to someone in the company. Nice try but you failed. Trump can't direct any money to companies he is actually a part of AND he doesn't have any say about who gets what loan. You're never going to convince anyone that you're not being a partisan hack because it always ends up that way.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

SoOo...

To revive the American oil industry, your solution is to...

Decrease the demand for oil?

Don't know if you are aware, but the US military is the largest institutional consumer of oil in the world.

Like roughly 100 million barrels a year.

Parking everything stateside isn't going to help the oil industry at all.

Sorry.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Ohanka

Israel could have wiped all the surrounding countries off the map and made them just a memory if they so desired.
Yep. They could possibly do it with conventional means alone. But they also have enough nukes — and the means and skills to deliver them — to neuter their neighbors for a century or more. Let’s hope it never comes to that. However, if anyone ever sets off a weapon of mass destruction in tiny Israel, woe unto all prime suspects.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Doesn't work that way.

Besides... We don't only buy oil. We export as well. All oil is not created equally, There is a reason why we import certain oil from certain places. It has everything to do with refining.
You have a point. I recently learned that diesel is cheaper to make from sour crude, which we import in large quantities from Saudi Arabia.

In 2019 we imported more than 9 million bpd (25% of it refined petroleum products) from about 90 different countries.

But oddly enough, we exported almost the same amount per day to almost 190 countries and 4 U.S. territories. A whopping 65% of our exports were refined petroleum products.

Our net imports were 530,000 bpd.

To be honest, I didn’t know this until I looked it up on the Energy Information Administration site at
www.eia.gov...

I could have sworn our domestic production was no more than 15 million bpd before the pandemic and Russia vs Saudi Arabia production war. And I thought our daily consumption was 20 million bpd so I’m a bit puzzled.
edit on 2-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

edit on 2-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join