It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls find 30-40% of people afraid to leave isolation, the opposite of anti-liberty advocates fears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sending families and kids out into this beast is negligent. People should at least understand what the f### the virus does to people. Why put people and kids at risk. Another way must be made and the truth of what the virus actually does to the human body must be known by the people. So far the media hasn't reported what the virus actually does and families going out blind being led by the blind media looks to be extremely foolish! This virus is literally worse than flying AIDS.

Coronavirus Could Attack Immune System Like HIV And Other Known Symptoms
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-5-2020 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Page 6 of what?

Either way they are conflating the two and attributing the deaths of one illness to the other and they don't point that out when they present their estimate for flu deaths.

Also, there is a range for the estimate. For example the 2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates says 24,000 – 62,000 deaths. Why automatically go with the higher number instead of the lower one?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The US averages 8K deaths per day. If all deaths were really being registered as CV-19 deaths they would have had 240K deaths for April. Even if deaths would have been cut in half because of the lock-downs, it still would have been a lot higher than the 58,705 being presented as CV-19 deaths.

edit on 2-5-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: StallionDuck

One of the problems is that they are intentionally labeling everything a Covid death. Under normal circumstances, a guy who gets hit by a bus and killed; the death would be from blunt trauma. Now they test the guy, he is positive for Covid, they claim Covid killed him, not the bus.

We've posted links where 40% of NY reported deaths labeled as Covid aren't even tested. They just presume they died of Covid.

With all that said, even with current death rates taken at face value, the risk is extremely low and doesn't warrant this shut down.

I absolutely believe people who are in high risk demographics should be taking caution, but the entire planet shouldn't be shut down.

I agree. It's very possible that these numbers are wildly inaccurate. Like you said, people in the cities should be cautious but it's in the cities where people are raising the most flac about getting out of lockdown. It's not really a full lockdown in most places. In some - Cities are blocking admittance to and from their city.

I don't know what's real but I'll stay as safe as I can until I see some kind of evidence to the contrary. I'm not bashing anyone that wants to get out. I think it's a little selfish because if this is a problem, people are going to spread this around more just because of their own foolhardy stance on this. Still, it's safer than me getting out and mingling with them. To each their own. Just don't force me to do the same.

Though, on the flip side of that, everyone going outside is looking at people who are legit cautious and scared as idiots that prefer house arrest when it's not at all like that. We're not giving up our rights. We're trying to do what we think is best and no one should have the right to say otherwise. I'm sure some people want to get a paycheck and not go back to work and I'll even admit, I love working from home but no way in hell do I want to go mingle with any number of people, no matter how small or how great.

I don't wanna die this way.

I want to die by diving into a vat of honey, then into a pile of that white stuff (never did this in my life) and go out surrounded by prostitutes and strippers in the act of being a complete and total fool - while driving a suped up twin turbo / supercharger boosted vette while sitting on the back part of the roof with the targa off while letting my leprechaun friend drive to pick up his pot o gold. I wanna go out like a legend!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not too many seem to be afraid in my Michigan berg.

I think we have a fair mix of conservative and liberal viewpoints in my town....none of which are staying home accordingly to the crowds at home depot and meijer.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The US averages 8K deaths per day. If all deaths were really being registered as CV-19 deaths they would have had 240K deaths for April. Even if deaths would have been cut in half because of the lock-downs, it still would have been a lot higher than the 58,705 being presented as CV-19 deaths.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
“Afraid”

Thanks media

Manipulating the easily manipulated

People are pussies

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“Afraid”

Thanks media

People are pussies

And you're just the extreme on the other side of that fence.

You say pussies... I say cautious. But hey... I hear a train. Knock yourself out.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Chickens#s. I hope they run out of food and starve themselves to death being too afraid to venture out to restock, it's a fitting end to stupidity running this rampant.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

“Afraid”

Thanks media

People are pussies

You say pussies... I say cautious. But hey... I hear a train. Knock yourself out.

“Afraid”

Solely because of media manipulation

There is no other reason

edit on 2 5 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

“Afraid”

Thanks media

People are pussies

“Afraid”

There is no other reason

"Thick"

Cause : lack of brain engagement

Nothing else to call it

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

“Afraid”

Thanks media

People are pussies

“Afraid”

There is no other reason

"Thick"

Nothing else to call it

Yes yes

You stay inside now. That’s the “intelligent” way to act.

So says the media.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Livescience , also says moon landing pics can't be faked .

Instant write-off

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

“Afraid”

Thanks media

People are pussies

“Afraid”

There is no other reason

"Thick"

Nothing else to call it

Yes yes

So says the media.

No no , so says brain cells and survival instinct.

Watch and wait ... quite soon that same old media will be trying to get you out of the house and back to work .
Going to go with that when the time comes ?

Don't forget , arbicht mein frei
edit on 2-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

“Afraid”

Thanks media

People are pussies

“Afraid”

There is no other reason

"Thick"

Nothing else to call it

Yes yes

So says the media.

No no , so says brain cells and survival instinct.

Watch and wait ... quite soon that same old media will be trying to get you out of the house and back to work .
Going to go with that when the time comes ?

I’ve been out and about the entire time. Out of the house and engaging in every activity I normally would be engaged in.

“Be afraid, there’s a killer virus on the loose. If you go out we’ll all die”
edit on 2 5 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It’s ok.

YOU can isolate and social distance.

I won’t.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

You could add that to your dating profile ...

" I'm a serious disease vector ". ...

Goes down great with the girls

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The figures are skewed. In nearly every "coronavirus death," there is a significant co-factor, but if the person died and they had coronavirus that's the way it's counted.

It would be like a morbidly obese person dying after eating a pizza. The pizza didn't kill him, it was the obesity. But if that same person had coronavirus, they'd call it a coronavirus death. So you can't go by those figures.

Best cure for fearing coronavirus? Stop watching the damned news. After an initial withdrawal phase, you'll start feeling better in no time.

Otherwise, just stay locked up until... when? Even if the government says it's okay, can you trust them? Or is this a forever thing?
edit on 2-5-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know what I think? Personally, I think there's just a whole bunch of lazy mother ******'s out there who have made up their mind they just don't feel like goin' to work or workin' for a living anymore, using coronavirus as their excuse, and think Sugar Daddy gubmint is going to take care of them...forever!

Damn straight!
edit on 5/2/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Chickens#s. I hope they run out of food and starve themselves to death being too afraid to venture out to restock, it's a fitting end to stupidity running this rampant.

Why? Because people are in fear of their lives?

That's pretty low

So if you're guaranteed, it's a dictatorship or Orwellianism.

If you're staying at home, you're chicken# and you should starve.

Got it....

So what you're saying is... I should be forced out in public so your economy doesn't go down the #ter... How does me working from home affect you? How does a human being terrified of the possibility that they will die by plague bother you?

Who are you that you should label people in fear of a deadly disease a coward? We call people who run headlong into traffic morons and idiots - and wose.

No fear, huh? Nothing's gonna touch you. Let's take it up a notch. How about you and I go lie out in the middle of the road and count mufflers, why don't ya? You first. I'll see how that turns out before my turn comes up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join