It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Recipes For Racoon Meat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Add a 1/4 cup of Guano and start your own plague.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have lots of preditors on my property including cougars, foxes and raptors.

One summer I shot at least 15 coons, piled them up at one corner of the property. Nothing would eat them (including the turkey buzzards) except the flys and roaches. I sure wouldnt eat one. Maybe render their fat for fuel.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Other than just being a giant half smart rat, they're fun pets - needy bastards - but they're just fine to eat. If you've eaten a wild rabbit, it's very similar. It is a little greasy but then most wild game is, to me at least.

The smell when skinning those things, though... Woof!

Like someone mentioned, just dont cook and eat it with is glands or it'll come out horrible!

We've used Italian and ranch dressing to marinate and throw it on the grill or cook it with carrots and taters just like a roast. lil salt and pepper and you're good. We kinda skip the salt and go straight to the Tony's.

-----

You other guys that mentioned it... Coonass is a derogatory term used against Cajuns. How bout you guys &^%$ off.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: dantanna
ive had two pet raccoons growing up.
dont eat them! they are as intelligent or smarter than dogs.

Very smart and they have damn near human hands which is one of the criteria by Neil deGrasse Tyson for a species to become intelligent. Have to be able to manipulate their environment. Around here they are well known to claw and chew through houses for shelter and get in attics. I knew a couple of good trappers growing up and they never messsed with Racoons, Possum or Armadillo. All can be eaten but there are much better options. The meat is not ideal. Might as well cook a skunk.

Raccoons don't have opposable thumbs but what they do with what they have is close enough.

They are intelligent enough not to eat.

Possums though...

They will eat into the anus of a carcass, go inside and then eat the insides.

Just live there for awhile.

I will swerve off of the road to run over one of them.

Hate them.

I used to know a guy who would swear off the road to hit pretty much anything small, including dogs. I was with him once when he did it, and he just laughed. Same guy who shot his neighbor's dog for killing one of his chickens, and, being sued for vet bills, then counter-sued for the price of the bullet.

Growing up, my step-mother's sister had a possum as a pet, a fat nasty thing named Molly they kept in the house and fed cat food.

I've always wanted a pet raccoon, since I was kid, but I hear they are destructive af, being so curious.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Liquesence

Do you hate Tonic?

If it's mixed with gin, yes.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
Very good suggestion or one might like to use beer, an ale would be my preference.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join