It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Bans 1,500 Types of Assault Weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
RESIST, DON'T TURN THEM IN.

I'm not sure how that will turn out, but, there is 2 years to comply, there will be court challenges, and an election..so, who knows. Unfortunately all these guns are registered, they know who has what.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

In USA. I don't think they are on the banned list in Canada because they are pump action shotguns.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Oh Canada, your leader says you can't have semi automatic guns because a person used an illegally obtained, Illegal weapon to kill people illegally. So, something already against the law is now more so? How does that work?

Up until today, you could own an AR, or many other semi auto rifles, but only a 5rd mag. An owner was only able to fire it at a range..no hunting.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

In USA. I don't think they are on the banned list in Canada because they are pump action shotguns.

I'm pretty sure even semi auto shotguns might have been ok here, going to have to check..for sure pump action kind of fell through the cracks, with capacity being over what's typically allowed.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, if Canada wants this ban then the fine folks of Canada won't fight it.

I mean, they don't HAVE a Constitution that would define the limits of government, so they're in the suck there.

But maybe they can still resist.

If they want, or if they're allowed to.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

But an AR is not a military weapon unless it is illegally modified. I think they just look too scary to some people that don't know about these things.

I think anyone making a law about something must understand the subject before making the law. I think this disqualifies me form government.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ABNARTY

The reason being ""Assault Weapons"" are for assault, rather than defense.

That is likely the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

All guns shoot bullets at any target it is fired at. Do you shoot to assault or in defense? The gun and what style or model it is doesn't care what you shoot and has no say in the matter.

You think if you have a "defense" type of gun and you attempt to shoot in "assault" of someone that the gun will say "ERROR! This gun is not an assault weapon so it can't be used for killing someone unless it is purely a defensive shot?

Jesus H Malarkey!

I thought I had seen it all here.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

But an AR is not a military weapon unless it is illegally modified. I think they just look too scary to some people that don't know about these things.

I think anyone making a law about something must understand the subject before making the law. I think this disqualifies me form government.

They don't like any center fire semi auto's, rimfire are less restricted.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I heard the minister in charge say today.."we don't want people owning guns designed to kill people"

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Could we offer to liberate them from there oppressors by making the provinces the newest states of the USA? I would not have a problem with that as long as their national government is abolished in the process.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just going to clarify this is only a regulation, not a passed legislation.

This 'ban' will not sit well with the natives and west or central Canadians. It was honestly a bad move by the Liberal party who is already a minority government.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I heard the minister in charge say today.."we don't want people owning guns designed to kill people"

The only firearms I own actually hug people and then give them a little kiss on the cheek.

Then my guns make a nice hot cup of hot chocolate and actually sings people to sleep while gently stroking their hair.

It's a beautiful thing, really.

Breath-taking.

It makes me cry every time I see it.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Could we offer to liberate them from there oppressors by making the provinces the newest states of the USA? I would not have a problem with that as long as their national government is abolished in the process.

Have you SEEN our government???

We're just as messed up.

We have govenors acting like the Stassi fer cripes sake!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Wow, that was quick!

Are people just going to turn their guns in?

I hope so. Looks like America is going to have to introduce Canada to Freedom!!

edit on 1-5-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The only firearms I own actually hug people and then give them a little kiss on the cheek.

This sounds dangerous and should probably be banned, or something.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: vonclod

Then my guns make a nice hot cup of hot chocolate and actually sings people to sleep while gently stroking their hair.

It's a beautiful thing, really.

Breath-taking.

It makes me cry every time I see it.

I know..right.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So, they are fine if someone started out designing a new can opener but it ends up being a really nice gun? Did I just start somenoe thinking about banning assault type can openers?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So, you have an emotional support weapon? I can see that. I also have seen that as a sticker and a t shirt.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So, they are fine if someone started out designing a new can opener but it ends up being a really nice gun? Did I just start somenoe thinking about banning assault type can openers?

Not so long till next election..see what happens. If the Conservatives gain power, they might undo this, if it passes.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You can't have any more elections, social distancing.

Just trust Treudeau

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join