It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC just released a revised document with a DRASTICALLY lower COVID-19 death count

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So, looking at the current counts, I'm seeing approximately 65,000 dead in the USA to Covid-19.
The CDC just released a document HERE that lowers the USA Covid-19 deaths to just 11,356 (as of April 11).
Is this the result of people starting to wake up and realize they're being lied to? Hopefully, because this nonsense needs to end.

edit on 5/1/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Take a look here: www.cdc.gov... where the deaths are tabulated daily. As of right now: 62,406 Your data is two weeks old.
edit on 5/1/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Or maybe we dodged a bullet and slowed this thing down dramatically. We've never done anything like the last two months. Time will tell, but I think it's too early to know.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

OK 30 Million Plus are unemployed because of this, will there be any consequences for Dr Fauci, the Media, Bill Gates, ect?

And will Worldometers also update to these new stats?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

OK 30 Million Plus are unemployed because of this, will there be any consequences for Dr Fauci, the Media, Bill Gates, ect?

Everyone contributed their pound of flesh, the question of the day is how do we get it back and from whom? The WHO , China, Or the MSM?

+11 more 
posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you take the highest number of deaths from covid-19 and flu combined, you still only have 3/100th of 1% of Americans dying from those two diseases.

Not worth shutting down the country over.

There's a lot more going on than what meets the eye.

Very Sinister plans perpetrated by powerful people who do not give a damn about anyone of us.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

No, because they are not "new" stats. They are old stats taken out of context. OP is misleading you (perhaps unintentionally) and y'all fell for it.

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

OP is misleading you (perhaps unintentionally) and y'all fell for it.

Misleading you say?

“To be honest with you, all the death certificates, they’re writing COVID on all the death certificates whether they had a positive test, whether they didn’t, so I think, you know again this is my personal opinion, I think like the Mayor (Bill de Blasio) in our city (NYC), they’re looking for federal funding and, the more they put COVID on the death certificate the more they can ask for federal funds,” Funeral Director, Colonial Home Michael Lanza said. “So I think it’s political.”

www.citizenfreepress.com...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you compare that PDF to the current statistics on the CDC page - The numbers are indeed very different. There is definitely more at play here but we won't know for sure until it is exposed.

It is a fact that hospitals are getting paid more for covid-19 patients on ventilators.

Will certain people use this to their advantage at the cost of others lives?

The hopeful in me says no, but we all know better than that.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why can't people accept that there is a virus, over 60k have died from it in US. We see a reduction in cases because of the actions taken. We won't know all the details for a while but we have done the right thing. The progress we've made so far is astounding, no thanks at all to schizo Trump. There is no big conspiracy, like 9-11, it is what it seems. We'll get through it and maybe some good will come of the whole thing, like appreciating the good life we have here in the US. Remember; you guys who come up with misleading data and conspiracy theories are on the fringe and considered strange off the bat. The burden of proving anything you say is on you. If you can't then sit down.

edit on 1-5-2020 by Golani because: Spelling error

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You are aware that your stats combine actual Covid 19 deaths with probable .

As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement pdf iconexternal iconissued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19.

A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:

Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19

His chart appears to be differentiating .

Your link under about data

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

You are aware that your stats combine actual Covid 19 deaths with probable .

As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement pdf iconexternal iconissued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19.

A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:

Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19

His chart appears to be differentiating .

So are we going to play dueling charts? His data is 2 weeks old. A lot has happened in 2 weeks. I agree with others here that the tabulation of deaths is suspect, especially coding everyone who tests positive as a virus death no matter what they died of. The other major issue as I see it is that the percentages are only for those who have been tested while sampling data would suggest that many more people are positive who have NOT been tested. That would make the denominator go up and the percentage of deaths go down dramatically. But the fact is people ARE dying, and given the symptoms they have before dying, it's the virus that is doing in most of them.

IOW this is a real disease and it is very contagious. It's not fake. You can argue that the solutions are over the top, and that's fine. I would just bet, for example, that wearing masks does not prevent the spread of anything at all and is totally useless. But pretending the virus is a hoax is just as stupid as hiding in the basement.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

IOW this is a real disease and it is very contagious. It's not fake. You can argue that the solutions are over the top, and that's fine. I would just bet, for example, that wearing masks does not prevent the spread of anything at all and is totally useless. But pretending the virus is a hoax is just as stupid as hiding in the basement.

Yup, it's a real, very contagious disease, and not the first such pandemic of this century, except our reaction HAS been unique and unprecedented. The reactions and associated measures of each country were like a virus themselves. In the UK we followed a Sweden-like approach until the government lost its bottle midstream to copy most other countries like a panicked, rather clueless mule.

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Or maybe we dodged a bullet and slowed this thing down dramatically. We've never done anything like the last two months. Time will tell, but I think it's too early to know.

Of course, "Slow" does not mean eradication of the virus, which will continue to proliferate until at least next Spring. Most of us will get it; most of us (like myself and the missus who live in the UK town that hosted the first contracted case within the UK) will suffer mild symptoms, if we even realise we had it. Hopefully, many of the most vulnerable will not be exposed, who at least will FINALLY get to see their loved ones once said loved ones have contracted and recovered from the virus... unless we seriously intend to continue our sheep-pen existence until 2021, and there are plenty of terrified souls who DO intend on defying a lifting of lock-down measures. God knows what trashy media they have been exposed to.

The "bullet" is hospital capacity - the entire point of a shutdown. In the UK we have dodged that bullet by a considerable distance, despite over 26000 related deaths (within hospitals and care homes), one of the highest death tolls per capita in the world. Many emergency wards here are half-empty; they are crying out for patients, especially those who are too frightened to attend hospitals despite suffering other serious illnesses. That's an extra potential death toll in itself that is scandalous, separate from the intolerable mental toll for many who have lost their livelihoods via the lock-down.

What this pandemic has exposed, if anything at all, is the proficiency of each country's healthcare system.

But was that worth global economic meltdown?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Golani

Oh, we can accept there is a virus and that it can kill.

But we also know that while it has killed over 60K, we were told it would kill millions. And that was even with the actions we are taking. Those actions were only to slow down how quickly it would spread so it need not kill many more than those millions.

I don't know about you, but millions, even just one million, is a LONG way away from "over 60k".

So at this point in time, the fact is that it is a lot less lethal than they expected it would be.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

First off all I did was cite the information from your chart . Then speculated as to the reason.

Yes the more cases that are identified the more it will bring the CFR down .

Who’s pretending the virus is a hoax certainly not me .

It’s a nasty virus we have them all the time and so far this appears to be a little nastier .

With a RO of around two it’s going spread fast. As data comes in we can see it is already has affected a large amount of people . As to whether to be more deadly than the seasonal flu we don’t know .

If it’s affected 50 to 70% of the people already . 0.003% might be a huge over estimation of the CFR

I’ll say one thing for sure the NIAID,Democrats and the MSM are regretting the push for testing because it’s destroying their narrative .

I expect all of them to back off from their demands on testing in the next week or two. They’ll just look for something else to blame on Trump .

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So you're telling me, in 2 weeks, the death number jumped a staggering 51,050 even after shutting down the entire world???

Can we think critically here?
You are telling me that more people have died in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 months?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That's because most people stay at home

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin

So you're telling me, in 2 weeks, the death number jumped a staggering 51,050 even after shutting down the entire world???

Can we think critically here?
You are telling me that more people have died in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 months?

Maybe they are counting suicides due to isolation (more in TN than died of COVID) as COVID related deaths, they are COVID related after all

Maybe they are counting death by abuse due to isolation as COVID related deaths, they are COVID related after all

Maybe they are counting death by substance abuse due to isolation as COVID related deaths, they are COVID related after all

Maybe they are counting death from any cause at home due to fear of going to the hospital or thinking that they can not go to a hospital unless they have COVID, they are COVID related after all

Perhaps these COVID 19 clearly related deaths are being counted and documented as COVID related deaths because they are

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here is the current, up-to-date, revised numbers on the CDC site.
CDC Updated Numbers

Still quite a bit lower than they've been saying.

They now broke out "died from COVID" from "died with COVID" and it does make a difference.

Not saying the disease isn't real and really contagious and that some degree of shelter in place in the beginning wasn't maybe a good idea to get a handle on everything. But is continuing it worth the millions not working, the new trillion dollar debt from the extended lockdown, the people dying from increased suicide due to financial woes or adults and children being seriously hurt from abuse or other "non-urgent" "elective" procedures or treatments for issues and diseases that have been delayed? OR GOING HUNGRY?

When or why is one's right to "not get sick" - to not be one of the 1-3% (and that might be an erroneously high stat) - considered LESS selfish than those who are ready to carefully re-open, with some assumed risk, so that MILLIONS no longer have to suffer economically, mentally, and physically because of the shutdown? Which one really sounds "selfish?"

edit on 2-5-2020 by nicevillegrl because: eta

edit on 2-5-2020 by nicevillegrl because: eta

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Confirmed by CDC - Ginned up HOAX Alert!

twitter.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join