It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk tweet wipes $14bn off Tesla's value

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Elon's at it again , easy come easy go.

The tweet also knocked $3bn off Mr Musk's own stake in Tesla as investors promptly bailed out of the company.

"Tesla stock price is too high imo," he said, one of several tweets that included a vow to sell his possessions.

"We view these Musk comments as tongue in cheek and it's Elon being Elon. It's certainly a headache for investors for him to venture into this area as his tweeting remains a hot button issue and [Wall] Street clearly is frustrated," Wedbush Securities analyst Daniel Ives told the Reuters news agency.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Elon being Elon it maybe but it's an interesting stream of tweets he posted , what I found more interesting that his twitter avatar is the JC Denton Deus Ex artwork ... both cool and strange in equal measure.
Link

edit on 1/5/2020 by ArMaP because: Link corrected

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wait...wait...wait...Isn't there a thread or comment recently by one of our own saying he was going to do tjis very thing.? Cash out his stock option and then crash the value of Tesla?

Or was that somewhere else I read that?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Doing a Gerald Ratner

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I like him so much!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He, like our president. Has a problem with impulse control, he tweets whatever thought is in his head. Only with Elin it doesn't have worldwide consequences.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
malformed link

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golani
He, like our president. Has a problem with impulse control, he tweets whatever thought is in his head. Only with Elin it doesn't have worldwide consequences.

14 billion out of one of the most cutting edge tech companies?

Maybe not as much a POTUS, but certainly does have worldwide effects

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

OH NO!

Tesla doesn't agree with Dr. Fugazi!

SHUT IT DOWN!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well SpaceX just got the Nasa Moon lander dev contract (one of three), maybe that fits in somehow?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Is this part of a plan?

Dump the company value to the point that SPACEX fails and have someone else (less public, less trustworthy) run STARLINK.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I mean that's so poetic

And the rocket's red Flare
the bombs bursting in air

Gave proof through the Night that our flag was still there

Oh, say does the star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

(Rage, Rage against the dying of the light of consciousness)

I feel inspired

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hasn't he been in trouble before for his comments with regard to manipulating his stock prices?

In fact I recall he was fined possibly and that was them "letting him off light".

He needs to be more careful.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
His girl friend is giving hell.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Elon's at it again , easy come easy go.

The tweet also knocked $3bn off Mr Musk's own stake in Tesla as investors promptly bailed out of the company.

"Tesla stock price is too high imo," he said, one of several tweets that included a vow to sell his possessions.

"We view these Musk comments as tongue in cheek and it's Elon being Elon. It's certainly a headache for investors for him to venture into this area as his tweeting remains a hot button issue and [Wall] Street clearly is frustrated," Wedbush Securities analyst Daniel Ives told the Reuters news agency.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Elon being Elon it maybe but it's an interesting stream of tweets he posted , what I found more interesting that his twitter avatar is the JC Denton Deus Ex artwork ... both cool and strange in equal measure.
twitter.com... Fnews%2Fbusiness-52504187

Tesla has had unsold cars piling up in parking lots around the US for the last two years, now in 2020 the S has really hit the fan.
Maybe the trouble is that styling wise, Tesla decided not to do bling, with that bread and butter model Y just at a time when many manufacturers were jazzing up their current models with chrome again...well maybe not chrome but substitutes, like stainless steel or some shiny type of plastic, which did give them a lift it has to be said, instead of rubber and plastic, and uprating interiors, rather than the minimalism meme...the Nissan Qashquai is just one instance, a most unrewarding vehicle, but still a much better looking car than it was.

So, maybe he is right, and forbye, people are still not ready for pure electric...and these vehicles are expensive to buy, when you can today buy used top prestige models with all the bells and whistles for a song, while not needing to be rich.

That model Y looks like an upturned dinghy..and they make it look like it was designed to have a grill, then decided not to use one.

As for reliability, a big selling point for many, I have no idea, but the model 3 does have reliability complaints, as does the S model, and they are many and varied.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sounds like it’s time to buy some Tesla stock while it’s low

Edit: 14 Billion sounds like a lot but after looking at Tesla’s price history this isn’t that big of a move for the company.

They recently went from $915 a share down to $360 in about a month and then regained 80% of that in the same amount of time. Compared to this move from $865 to $690.
edit on 1-5-2020 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Low? It's way overvalued. Ridiculously so.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Low? It's way overvalued. Ridiculously so.

Says who? The founder? Pffff what does he know

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I suspect aesthetics do play a role. Teslas are simply not attractive vehicles.

I still suspect Tesla is probably cooking the books. Several of their recent moves -- pay cuts lasting thru June, not paying rent, cancelling their lawsuit insurance -- suggest financial desperation.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It’s a slow moving beast, these Teslas have been marketed way in advance so when it comes to sales people have moved on. Lots of gadgets and geek modes but under the surface there’s way more electric cars to do business with now. Eggs & baskets Elon. A bright mind but too much to do to convince most. My son (11) however is awestruck by Teslas so let’s see how that pans out.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
Hasn't he been in trouble before for his comments with regard to manipulating his stock prices?

In fact I recall he was fined possibly and that was them "letting him off light".

He needs to be more careful.

My first thought as well. Purposefully sink prices just to redistribute it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join