It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hide the numbers! Problem solved!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just read this on aol. It makes sense....if Florida wants to get the economy going and get tourists back to Florida they need to get COVID-19 deaths out of the headlines.

“Florida health officials have halted the publication of up-to-the-minute death statistics related to the coronavirus pandemic that have, by law, been compiled by medical examiners in the state.

The death count compiled by the Medical Examiners Commission was often found to be higher than the figures provided by Florida’s Department of Health, the Tampa Bay Times reported, prompting a review of the data and a suspension of its publication.

State officials have not specified what they find objectionable about the medical examiners’ count, nor when they might allow it to be made public again, the Times said.”

Full article is available here: www.aol.com...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

If I put you in a room full of chairs,

tell you just one of the chairs out of 100, has a bomb underneath the floor, that will explode when you sit on it.

Then I tell you, I lost the label for that chair.

How many chairs you gonna sit in?

That's our issue now... doesn't matter if I'm telling the truth or lying out my arse, no one is sitting in chairs or trying to be a tourist en masse for a while.

Then if we have 2nd wave, goodbye normality!!!! This is our new world.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Once You've Seen It, You Can't Unsee It

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

But it isn’t a room with 100 chairs. Because not every person will set off the bomb because they don’t flop down on the chair, or don’t weigh enough or even would not pick the wrong chair if it was dressed up for them. It is like the wearing pants with the other guy peeing analogy. My response was that if I am having fun running around naked and some dude pees on me then I am going to beat his ass. That is human nature. Pants are not going to save him.

As for the Covid, if I get it then I am probably going to die. No ifs, and or buts about it. That’s just the way it is. But I can’t live in fear of something that might not happen at all because the odds are so low. What’s more, even if I lived in abject terror...how can I force that on you as your responsibility to keep me well? That would make me a hypocrite since I espouse freedom quite a bit.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Some states bury the numbers while other states over inflate them.

Example: twitter.com...

But regardless, only three one-hundredths of 1% of Americans have died due to coronavirus and Flu combined this year.

Only agenda-driven politicians, media, and fearful people, are overly concerned, or pretend to be, about odds of death that are this low.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

If I put you in a room full of chairs,

tell you just one of the chairs out of 100, has a bomb underneath the floor, that will explode when you sit on it.

Then I tell you, I lost the label for that chair.

How many chairs you gonna sit in?

That's our issue now... doesn't matter if I'm telling the truth or lying out my arse, no one is sitting in chairs or trying to be a tourist en masse for a while.

Then if we have 2nd wave, goodbye normality!!!! This is our new world.

You are correct. It will be the same all over the country. People can yell and scream about opening everything up now and if they did, half of these businesses are still going under because 3/4 of the population is not going to play Russian roulette just to go out to dinner or get a haircut. Kiss most retail stores that don't sell essentials good bye as well. Not many are going to risk it just to get a dress or a pair of jeans at Macy's.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
...I am having fun running around naked and some dude pees on me then I am going to beat his ass. That is human nature. Pants are not going to save him.

This world you're envisioning terrifies me in a way no virus ever has.

It's happening, just like Lord of the Flies.

Selective quote FTW!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hide the numbers: problem solved.

Inflate, fabricate, overstate the numbers: problem created.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You have not seen that little meme floating around about wearing pants and not getting peed on as a comparison to quarantine for health people and even a four year old can understand it.

My retort was Freddy Firehose is getting beat, and that is plain human nature so everyone gets that too. Peer pressure works long before teenage drug use. First instance is bladder control in a social setting lest you get punched. Next on the list is crapping and then farting.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You have not seen that little meme floating around about wearing pants and not getting peed on as a comparison to quarantine for health people and even a four year old can understand it.

I got your post. I just found the portion I quoted particularly funny.

I don't even know what to say about the meme. Even that meme is mild compared to the nonsense Russian roulette and chair bomb analogy. We're about 3.5 million deaths away from it being a 1 in 100 chance and almost 60 million away from it being Russian roulette.

Next it'll be compared to a coin flip then it'll be a sure death if you go to the park. The hyperbole won't end until we've all taken an approved vaccine to placate the hair on fire crowd.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ooh ooh!

If you breathe air you could potentially fall off a curb and get ran over.

So, it's best to just not breathe.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
3/4 of the population is not going to play Russian roulette just to go out to dinner or get a haircut.

People making this argument and I just don't see it coming true.

While its only an anecdote I see more than 3/4 of the people on my block going out every day.

There are certainly more than 1/4 of the normal traffic on the local roads.

The lines at the McDonald's, Starbucks and home depot are longer than I have ever seen them. Longer than I would even think possible (I certainly would never stand on lines that long).

And this now; during full lock down mode in the epicenter of the world pandemic.

By what I am seeing more than 1/4 of the population is going to throw a party the day officials say its safe to go out again; 3/4s aren't going to remain in self imposed quarantine... they aren't doing it now.

Here's an article on the subject; its not very definitive but it's data.

www.vox.com...
edit on 1-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join