It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removed YouTube video goes viral ... a double switch ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I constantly try to make sure to denote I am speaking about baseline immune health, not "boosting" or "enhancing." Because thats not what I am talking about.

Now, those aspects are indeed up for debate. And therein lies another layer of nuance, eh?

Notably, that first linked article is essentially agreeing with what Im saying. Perhaps a miscommunication is there? Another case of "same data, different Source?"

There are undertones of disagreement in my post, which will inherently not exist in such an article because it isnt interacting with you "directly." But its a decent article saying a lot of the same stuff I am. Interesting, isnt it?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

There is an ongoing debate about what causes allergies. They know a portion of the disposition to allergies is genetic, but they also know that a good chunk is environmental and relies on the buildup of antibodies by the immune system. The debate is over whether or not to expose the immune system early to build those antibodies or avoid exposure as long as possible. Last I saw, the body of evidence seemed to be swinging in favor of earlier exposure at least with peanut allergy.

So at least in one arena, it seems that an immune system that's challenged is in a better position to react and react in a more healthy way later on.

I sometimes wonder how much of a disfavor we've done ourselves in our relentless craze to disinfect and use antibacterial everything, everywhere. I'm not saying we should live filthy lives, but a certain amount of exposure to dirt and grime here and there is no bad thing.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its an incredibly interesting topic too, imo.

I absolutely swear that I recently read "something" talking about Vit B deficiency in the mother can result in allergies in the child too. Allergy shots are controlled exposure to allergens, and they can do great work. Id suspect the same mechanism is at play with things like raw, local honey (which is why.. If ya go that route, take it slow!).

Cytokines are still a pretty vague topic too, and perhaps relevant to current issues. Lots still laugh at this (or go all-out conspiracy), but I think EMF plays a role as well. We know it can affect calcineurin, and that it can both stimulate and suppress the immune system. So, it becomes more of a question of if what we are exposed to on a daily basis is doing this to a meaningful degree, long or short term. I believe it is, but I dont really think its intentional.. more that there is too much riding on it, and that people have been laughing at the idea for so long that its tricky to explore.

I was thinking too, tangential to be sure.. Maybe there is a fundamental difference in trust levels in the medical community? They sure cant figure out whats wrong with me, and why my spine fractures wont heal. Arrogance and ignorance (two separate instances) almost cost me my life as well. Its not "all or nothing" though, I still use western doctors and they have even helped me explore some "alternative" stuff.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I sometimes wonder how much of a disfavor we've done ourselves in our relentless craze to disinfect and use antibacterial everything, everywhere. I'm not saying we should live filthy lives, but a certain amount of exposure to dirt and grime here and there is no bad thing.

This is a very interesting article I read recently, which basically agrees with your point, and disagrees with it.
theconversation.com...

If the problem is that we are too clean, then, hypothetically, the issue can be easily resolved. We just need to get dirty, right? Wrong..............

Even if you were to never use soap again for the rest of your life, you would not recover the wildlife your body is missing. Many of the lost organisms of our body don’t exist in North America in the wild, and others you simply won’t come across in your daily life.

On top of tremendous social difficulties imposed by a lack of soap, you’d likely increase your exposure to a lot of aggravating and even dangerous germs. The bacteria and viruses deposited on your shopping cart handle or the light switch at a hotel are generally not good. Those are often the germs of modern society that cause infection and inflammation. Your immune system would remain inflamed, and perhaps be even more agitated than before.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The part you posted is that famous yes/no, I/O argument though.

it's saying that if you think you're too clean, then you should just completely stop and never wash again which is 100% not what I said, but it is the argument the article you read makes.

Or is that not what the whole bit about social issues from never using soap is all about?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

it's saying that if you think you're too clean, then you should just completely stop and never wash again which is 100% not what I said, but it is the argument the article you read makes.

Or is that not what the whole bit about social issues from never using soap is all about?

Wow, I totally didn't get that, what I got was that it's not so much about washing your hands or not, but more about:

Biodiversity is the real issue
What we actually have is a biodiversity problem. Our clean, indoor-centered lives and a Western diet rich in processed foods have depleted our biomes – the bacteria and worms that naturally live in our bodies, our guts in particular. These organisms play a role in the development and regulation of our immune systems, and scientists have identified the loss of biodiversity as being central to the high rates of inflammatory disease in the developed world.

and this

Our loss of contact with the soil due to indoor working environments has further depleted the wildlife of our bodies. And the typical Western diet doesn’t help either.

I took this more as people need to grow their own food again, & what you had mentioned, get your hands dirty from soil from what you grow.

edit on 2-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well then that's the post you need to write, not just quote the bit about never washing again.

But I guess this goes back to people attending picnics, leaving their food out, browsing on it, and no one ever dying doesn't it? It also goes back to people snacking on their raw cookie dough, eating farm fresh eggs and drinking raw milk if they want to.

Because occasionally, someone would get ill from these activities, the government stepped in to save us from ourselves. Quite relevant to what's going on now actually. Because there is a virus and it can occasionally kill in the right circumstance, the government has stepped in to save us from ourselves.

But it seems the unintended consequences may be worse than the actual disease.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well then that's the post you need to write, not just quote the bit about never washing again.

Well that's why I posted the link.

The reason I posted what I did, is because that is exactly what the Dr's in the Youtube video were saying, we don't need gloves, or masks, and that's how we build immunity. I don't agree with that, the medical community at large doesn't agree with it.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
"Americans have been busy demonizing and disempowering political professionals and parties, which is like spending decades abusing and attacking your own immune system. Eventually, you will get sick."

There it is -- Don't you see? Corona virus is the kharma for not listening to our elite betters and letting them guide us.

But, of course, you are the good little citizen always listening to your more elite betters and doing what they tell you like the ignorant, unwashed sheep you always were and should remain and never assume you are not.

Professional people do not behave like elected politicians and political parties. Name-calling, digging their heels in, refusing to listen to one another, bullying half the people in this country...they are like badly behaved children. And it's THEM that demonize and disempower the People.

edit on 5/2/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I found their video to be helpful. They didn't misrepresent the data. At the outset, they said we don't have the luxury of randomized double-blind studies -- but we didn't have that when the lockdowns started, either. They just noted that the data we have now is better than then.

I felt they made a compelling argument.

As to their bias as business owners. Yes, that must be weighed in.

But so should the bias of every medical expert, doctor, and other healthcare professional arguing FOR indefinite mandatory lockdowns because they don't want themselves and their families to be at any additional risk.

Fear of getting this virus was not a bias demonstrated in the doctors from the video referenced in your OP.
edit on 5/2/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Here's more evidence of rifts between the theoretical and the professional.

Basically, the source cited here is a consortium of frontline doctors who have been heavily involved in having to actually treat COVID-19 patients.

A group of critical care physicians representing the University of Tennessee, the University of Wisconsin, Eastern Virginia Medical School, the University of Texas and a number of other institutions have formed the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Consortium and released a bulletin setting out a recommended treatment protocol.

They released a treatment protocol they have developed based on their direct, hands-on experiences having to treat critical care patients with this disease, and they are contending that the WHO and CDC are in error with their recommendations.

They contend that the core problems leading to death are these:

Three core pathologic processes lead to multi-organ failure and death in COVID-19:

1) Hyper-inflammation (“Cytokine storm”) – a dysregulated immune system whose cells infiltrate and damage multiple organs, namely the lungs, kidneys, and heart. It is now widely accepted that SARS-CoV-2 causes aberrant T lymphocyte activation resulting in a “cytokine storm.”

2) Hyper-coagulability (increased clotting) – the dysregulated immune system damages the endothelium and activates blood clotting, causing the formation of micro and macro blood clots. These blood clots impair blood flow.

3) Severe Hypoxemia (low blood oxygen levels) – lung inflammation caused by the cytokine storm, together with microthrombosis in the pulmonary circulation severely impairs oxygen absorption resulting in oxygenation failure.

None of these are new or untreatable issues. They contend that the main problem with mortality is a widespread reluctance on the part of doctors to apply early corticosteroid therapy to manage these processes. In other words, we're back the cytokine storm which should have been fingered early on with a novel virus. The virus itself does not kill. The immune system does because it doesn't know what to do.

The systematic failure of critical care systems to adopt corticosteroid therapy resulted from the published recommendations against corticosteroids use by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the American Thoracic Society (ATS) amongst others. A very recent publication by the Society of Critical Care Medicine and authored one of the members of our group (UM), identified the errors made by these organizations in their analyses of corticosteroid studies based on the findings of the SARS and H1N1 pandemics. Their erroneous recommendation to avoid corticosteroids in the treatment of COVID-19 has led to the development of myriad organ failures which have overwhelmed critical care systems across the world.

Our treatment protocol targeting these key pathologies has achieved near uniform success, if begun within 6 hours of a COVID19 patient presenting with shortness of breath or needing ≥ 4L/min of oxygen. If such early initiation of treatment could be systematically achieved, the need for mechanical ventilators and ICU beds will decrease dramatically.

And there you have it. Doctors have not applied those therapies based on experts who told them not, but the experts made their recommendations on the theoretical, NOT the practical. They didn't actually try it with COVID-19. They just decided it didn't work the flu or SARS, so it wouldn't work for this, either, and they said, "No."

And this is the same divide you see all over. You see experts using theory and models saying one thing, and you see people with practical experience looking around at the reality they deal with and it doesn't fit with what the experts are telling them.

So who is wrong?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And you want evidence of clotting disregulation -

COVID toes

Something like that looks to me like the sort of bruising or hickey like marks that poor circulation might cause.

I've heard another account where someone died of a stroke during a bought with COVID which would be more evidence of clotting issues.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
YouTube is not:

Free

Independent

Press

It is a multinational corporation. It does what it needs to do to keep it's preferred revenue streams open. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is actually demonstrably false.

There is no question that the censorship they are engaging in is costing them money, in terms of lost content, viewerships, etc...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
that is exactly what the Dr's in the Youtube video were saying, we don't need gloves, or masks, and that's how we build immunity. I don't agree with that, the medical community at large doesn't agree with it.

Not sure what you mean by 'medical community at large', but there certainly are a whole lot of Doctors that do agree with it, because it is only logical.

This is how our immune systems work, and if you don't understand that, then you should cease talking about things about which you know nothing.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

that is exactly what the Dr's in the Youtube video were saying, we don't need gloves, or masks, and that's how we build immunity. I don't agree with that, the medical community at large doesn't agree with it.

Not sure what you mean by 'medical community at large', but there certainly are a whole lot of Doctors that do agree with it, because it is only logical.

This is how our immune systems work, and if you don't understand that, then you should cease talking about things about which you know nothing.

From my post:

the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine released a joint statement critical of Erickson's and Massihi's opinions as expressed in the video, calling them "reckless and untested musings"

Yeaaa...., I think I'll listen to the American Academy of Emergency Medicine AND , American College of Emergency Physicians over the opinion of two doctors.

www.kqed.org...

A Kern County public health spokeswoman told reporters that officials did not support the doctors’ call to reopen the region. Other epidemiologists echoed that sentiment.

www.cnn.com...

The doctors, who are not epidemiologists

say again:

Or actual scientific studies over opinion.
www.health.harvard.edu...

The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing, but the ability to do so has proved elusive for several reasons. The immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony. There is still much that researchers don't know about the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response. For now, there are no scientifically proven direct links between lifestyle and enhanced immune function.

edit on 3-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

also there is this video from CNN where the CEO of youtube says they will listen to the W.H.O and ban things that go against W.H.O So I don't think it is a "Double Switch"

Commonly recognized as being Communist China's bi*ch. Apologize for the crudeness of the truth. It is what it is.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hereby take note that you were unable to - or at least have not to date attempted to - refute anything I said about high dose IV Vitamin C.

Yeaaa...., I think I'll listen to the American Academy of Emergency Medicine AND , American College of Emergency Physicians over the opinion of two doctors.

Yeah, all of those organizations are ruled by politicians (who sometimes used to be Doctors).

Research these kinds of organizations and you'll see they are all mostly alike - they are completely out of touch with those whom they purport to represent.

The AMA does not represent the opinions or beliefs of most practicing physicians/doctors.

say again:

Yeah, well, you don't need to be an epidemiologist to understand what they were talking about. They were discussing the same numbers everyone else can go see for themselves.

Or actual scientific studies over opinion.
www.health.harvard.edu...

"The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing, but the ability to do so has proved elusive for several reasons. The immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony. There is still much that researchers don't know about the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response. For now, there are no scientifically proven direct links between lifestyle and enhanced immune function."

Ummm... really? That wasn't a reference to even 'a' study, much less 'studies'.

That was a claim that there are no studies. Do you understand the difference?

Since the claims that there are no studies proving the safety and efficacy of high dose Vitamin C is easily disproven, it wouldn't surprise me if there actually are studies, but I admit I have not found any.

But anyone who claims that because there are no studies proving something is proof against it is simply ignorance personified.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

When I look at Susan wokjedski I see she and hear she is not the CEO of YouTube she is not in charge of anything like YouTube policy but what she is a fielded frontlady for the real controllers

I dont know if you do a search, CEO of you tube her name pops up.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Personally I have seen the video, and further interviews with these doctors. I fail to understand why are they are supposedly so easy to 'discredit.' Half their numbers come FROM the CDC and WHO, and the rest come from the simple testing they're doing, which yes, started out with people coming in with symptoms, but soon expanded to include a ton of random people from the public. The simple math of how they came up with their numbers should be pretty easy to understand. It's not complicated, it's pretty obvious and it doesn't appear flawed. Why do you think youtube removed it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join