It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removed YouTube video goes viral ... a double switch ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's something sobering...75% of people who contract the common flu show NO symptoms and are not counted as part of the numbers that go into the equation when they calculate 0.1% of people die from the flu each year. I am not a math head but if they were able to count AND include those people who make up 75% who are not counted, I am sure the percentage of those who die from the flu would be considerably less than 0.1%...maybe 0.01%??? Again, don't throw me under the bus for the math but the bottom line is the number would be far less.

So, fast forward to 2020 and they are telling us the mortality rate of COVID-19 is somewhere like 2% (maybe) for the US. Even if it were truly less than that, counting all the asymptomatic folks, the mortality rate may be .2%???? In any case, it doesn't matter how you spin it, if we want to include asymptomatic and presymptomatic individuals for BOTH the flu and COVID19 mortality numbers, we would see the C-19 numbers outpace the common flu by quite a bit.

Just saying.

edit on 1-5-2020 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Double exposure is not about reinfection

It's where you're exposed once , and no symptoms develop but then on the second exposure , symptoms develop .

Incubation period of up to 24 days?

The incubation period has been found to be as long as 24 days (range: 0-24 days; median: 3.0 days) in a study published on February 9. [11]

The WHO said in a press conference on February 10 that:

a very long incubation period could reflect a double exposure.

24 days represented an outlier observation that must be taken into consideration in the context of the main finding of the study.

WHO is not considering changing recommendations regarding incubation periods.

More recently, however, a case with an incubation period of 19 days was observed in a JAMA study published on Feb. 21. [13], and another case with an incubation period of 27 days was reported by Hubei Province on Feb. 22 [12]

What you're not addressing is the incubation period.

In the UK according to Hopkins the observed cases CFR is 15 %

Many more tests come back negative than positive .

Again that's not 1.5 that's 15%

hopkins

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 1-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

So you would, but even so, is it worth the damage we're doing to the economy and people's lives?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

You must be yanking my chain. Nobody could possibly be this unaware .

I looked up your link earlier and forgot to post this .

One of the most important ways to measure the burden of COVID-19 is mortality. Countries throughout the world have reported very different case fatality ratios – the number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases.

Differences in mortality numbers can be caused by:
Differences in the number of people tested: With more testing, more people with milder cases are identified. This lowers the case-fatality ratio.

Many more tests come back negative than positive

Ya think ? What does 20% mean ? Wait a minute I figured it out all on my own. 20% out of 100% meaning most test would come back negative .

explain to me why I would address the incubation period when the antibody test are post infection ? And greatly out current cases over a three-month period .

Have fun I’m not playing anymore

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
BBBBUTBUTBUT these are experts. I'm supposed to believe them!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Its essentially based on hospitalization, which we knew.. But it isnt actually complex enough to truly encompass the population at large.

Both formulas simply do not account for enough factors even within the hospitalized cases, including anything from protocol changes to hospital capacity to regional variance to demographics to (...). It may seem like semantics, but protocol changes can literally change these numbers overnight and there is nothing in the formula that will account for it. The only thing mentioned is "testing," which.. is nearly irrelevant to the real world situations from which the numbers derive. At least in the limited context of these formula, or the "present day" context in which they are given.

They essentially seemed designed to not only express hospitalized cases, but do it in a way that doesnt account for the very things that can change these things nigh instantaneously. In fact, the formulas will resist those changes due to proportion.

In the cfr=deaths/(deaths+recovered), lets examine what that means.

Lets say we have 5,000 deaths over a period of 50 days (100/day). On day 51, we find a 100% cure. It would take another 50 days to get the CFR down to 50%. Yet.. We havent actually lost a patient, hospitalized or otherwise, in almost two months!

It is, perhaps, a useful formula for figuring out overall impact in a super quick and dirty way, but it is very, very static.

The one with the time variable seems to explicitly tie present events with past trends...

I would even argue that deaths/cases is more representative of the total reality of an ongoing pandemic, including hospitalized cases, general population, and a tendency for numbers to improve in real time as treatments are developed, protocols improved, etc. Still flawed, yes, but the result it spits out is probably closer to a meaningful result on each given day.

As someone who used to do real time systems analysis.. Im kind of appalled. Well, thats probably the low blood sugar. Time to actually eat the dinner in front of me

Im probably just misunderstanding what they are doing. Been feeling pretty rough for months now

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

This is what your post reminds me of.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

All goes back to Alphabet Inc!

I do wonder though, if restricting such an organization through the Constitution would affect how they act in another nation, like the UK?

Dont think too many will get behind the idea anyway, but these corporations have vastly more power and influence than most seem to realize..

The best thing to do is boycott them.

I don't use Google

I don't use Facebook and pity anyone who uses it for news as ignorant as the day is long

I don't do youtube

Boycott them, they lose revenue, they die

There are alternatives, use them

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

You must be yanking my chain. Nobody could possibly be this unaware .

I looked up your link earlier and forgot to post this .

One of the most important ways to measure the burden of COVID-19 is mortality. Countries throughout the world have reported very different case fatality ratios – the number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases.

Differences in mortality numbers can be caused by:
Differences in the number of people tested: With more testing, more people with milder cases are identified. This lowers the case-fatality ratio.

Many more tests come back negative than positive

Ya think ? What does 20% mean ? Wait a minute I figured it out all on my own. 20% out of 100% meaning most test would come back negative .

explain to me why I would address the incubation period when the antibody test are post infection ? And greatly out current cases over a three-month period .

Have fun I’m not playing anymore

That's because you're now left talking gobbledegook and have lost the argument .

In the UK they appear to have the decency to admit the truth. There's a dangerous current CFR , 15%
There aren't millions of new cases here in fact the numbers per day are dropping. Sso it runs that you in America are being screwed around 1 by shill doctors who appeal to people who don't know what they're talking about and 2 by the notion of so many antibody tests coming back positive, that's a lie isn't it.
The WHO figures on antibody tests don't agree with yours either. You were given that to see what you'd do with it. The fact is you'll take any information that fits with your agenda , which is open up again despite something deadly going round. Yours is a corporate agenda , where profits are being lost hand over fist , and you're trying to contrive the American publics opinion to reduce the damage despite it meaning their being exposed to something' really quite dangerousl
edit on 2-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

U tube is stupid.

Or there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. partisan U Tube is not.

There is a super weird world of the tube that exists.

People tag vids for whatever reason and the companies that do it for them are absurd.

Twitter sleuths etc would figure something out. Who knows why it was pulled?

Could be legit or not and no one would be surprised.

This vid has some info on companies that tag urls.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Sorry to say , but those doctors on the removed video are not credible imo . Neither is their research or the conclusion they want to push so hard.

I watched the hour long video twice & researched what they were saying.
So much of it was absolutely medically false.

Also wanted to add this

www.nbcnews.com...

n Monday, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine released a joint statement critical of Erickson's and Massihi's opinions as expressed in the video, calling them "reckless and untested musings" that "do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19." The statement also suggested that their ownership of urgent care centers made it appear as if the doctors were "releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public's health."

They also said going outside and getting exposed to Covid boosts immunity. Let’s take a look back in history. Remember when the Europeans brought sickness to the Aztecs? Or to 5he native Americans? Sure it eventually brings immunity, but what does it bring first........

Also read up on how to boost immunity. Nobody can tell you what boosts it. They can guess but doctors don’t really know. Many now believe it has more to do with gut health. Some think exposure only adds inflammation and not health.
edit on 2-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I generally do use the alternatives.

But, while that kind of thinking used to be relevant years ago.. it doesnt really work like that anymore. Alphabet Inc (the *parent* company of Google, mind you) has their fingers in a lot of pies.

AdSense alone will generate them revenue out the wazoo. The whole "just dont shop there" might work with small, medium, or even large businesses.. But with corporate organizations of this size? Pragmatically? Nope.

The only actual solution, in my mind, is the restrict them Constitutionally and bring about a full-fledged technological competition. Not, mind you, piecemeal competition for the obvious ones like youtube, facebook. Those are nearly immaterial in importance.

Instead, a *truly* decentralized technological base that will be a competing Paradigm for the obfuscated, centralized sh!tshow that has been built by technofascists.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Basically, they need to be called out and treated like the monopoly they actually are. They get away with a lot of what they do because they (Alphabet, not Google, YouTube, etc.) are the monopoly behind the curtain of so many scenes. Get Alphabet in your bed or get in theirs, and you have a whole long hallway of doors open to you, free to be manipulated.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Much of what they presented was the same exact data that everyone else is working with..

It seems like there has been yet another shift in the public psyche where the data itself is less relevant than how its presented.

Now, I didnt agree with everything they said, but other stuff was absolutely on point. I know nuance is mostly lost nowadays, so when we encounter someone(s) saying something different from our habitual Sources, we tend to automatically categorize it as "the enemy." Sure, not outright..

Anyway, daily exposure to pathogens, bacteria, viruses, etc. is absolutely a major factor to immune health. Thats not really up for debate, and is an ongoing process. Notably.. A process that is severely disrupted currently, and exacerbated by constant disinfecting, etc.

The nuance is whether exposure to this virus will familiarize the general populations immune systems beneficially, and in what way to go about it.

Theres no escaping it, period. However, if the Aztecs or Native Americans did what we did.. They would likely catch "it" all the same, just with weaker general immune health, weakened societal structures, etc.

I think there is a balance there, and some harsh realities that maybe some dont want to face. Blessedly, this virus and its resultant disease are relatively (important word choice) benign compared to many historical outbreaks.

We still need to tread lightly, imo, but doing everything from weakening our general pop immune health to weakening our medical system to weakening.. literally everything.. doesnt seem prudent at all. In fact, it looks like one hell of a self-fulfilling prophecy to me.

Well.. Some corporations are making out like bandits, so maybe not weakening everything.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Exactly, we need to get people started on life again.

I really don't understand the folks who look at the those of us who are ready to go out and take the risk who yell at us like we're about to murder them too.

Husband and I understand the risks. He's an effing microbiologist who has worked with serious pathogens for the past 20+ years of his career, worked in quality control, done statistical analysis on all kinds of things related to the damn things, so when he's looked at the data and says our risk is extremely low, I trust him. He knows what he's talking about. It's been his career for years, and he's trusted to make some important, very important decisions where he works based on his understanding of such things.

He's not going to play with our lives.

So if we're ready to go out and take the risk, and we know what measures to take to avoid unnecessarily risking the vulnerable while we're at it, just in case, then let us. We're not coming to you. We're not going to be breathing on you, and at the end of the day, you need people like us -- relatively young and healthy people to continue to risk catching it and beating to attempt to build herd immunity, so you *can* eventually come out of your bunkers and face life again.

So stop judging, and this mini-rant is not directed at you directly, but others here and in life. I am so tired of that attitude and I think you (directly) know the one I am talking about.

At the end of the day, I am beginning to wish I would just get the bug and either beat and be immune so I can tell everyone to shut up already or die. Either way, I'd be shut of the Karens.
edit on 2-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think one of the more dangerous notions that has emerged is the idea that our actions are "choosing life over money." On so many different levels, it is untrue.

And, I think a lot of the issues arose from foundations that have been built for years. Like "all or nothing" perspectives, automatically going to extreme reactions (and platforms that create a literal addiction to it), and total dismissal of everything someone(s) is saying if they mention one little thing that is disagreeable. There are varying degrees, of course, but it makes actual discourse on even minor topics quite.. difficult.

A lot of the measures are, imo, rather reasonable. Social distancing of 6' is actually something we tend to do in many places anyway. When an active pandemic or epidemic are taking place, it aint a bad idea.

I think that there is simply a lot of ignorance on the topic, and that leads to fear. Fear which is quite strongly encouraged by the vast majority of mainstream Sources, who seem rather ignorant themselves.

I do think this should be a wake up call for many. I would have hoped that folks would have attempted to ameliorate their concerns by gaining actual knowledge and education on the topics of epidemiology, immunology, virology, etc. It has never, ever been easier to do so! College courses (some free!), research papers, etc.

But, many keep going to their Sources to be informed. Sure they will trot out experts and all that, but "expert" doesnt mean much nowadays.. Especially in an age when we can gain shockingly high levels of education right at our fingertips. Sadly, I notice that even some who do so, tend to match it up with what is said on twitter, the news, NYTimes.. and if it doesnt align.. they bafflingly go with the media.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I think it also shows a bit how deep the collective mindset has been entrenched in some poeple.

They've stopped thinking of themselves as themselves and their immediate family so much. What other people and their families now do is them. So if I go out on Monday (or rather if my husband and son go out and get haircuts because the salons will be open), it's not my family taking some risk. If I take my son to practice on Tuesday and Thursday with a group of 10 other kids, it's not my family taking a risk, and those other families who chose taking a risk.

They feel like their own families are directly endangered by what we do. We are somehow them. If we end up bringing it home in these activities, then we will end up bringing it home to them too somehow. It's that collective mindset that they can't be saved or safe unless everyone else is too. So they try to impose that lockdown on everyone to feel secure.

I can't think of any other way to explain it because it makes no sense to me. If I take the risks and get ill, then my family gets ill, and we stay home from then on until we're better. We alert the places we've been that we are ill, so they can spread the word as needed and take measures, but the important point at this stage is that we're either going to essential places and got it there and then going to non-essential places patroned by others taking the risks we are, or vice versa, but the risks are the same either way.

For those who need to get things, the risk of COVID-19 never changed. It was always present at the essential places.

Maybe they think opening a few other places will suddenly flood the world with cases, but I don't think so because most people aren't going to take off because they're too afraid at first. It's going to take time for people to see that there is no spike.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Anyway, daily exposure to pathogens, bacteria, viruses, etc. is absolutely a major factor to immune health. Thats not really up for debate, and is an ongoing process. Notably.. A process that is severely disrupted currently, and exacerbated by constant disinfecting, etc.

www.health.harvard.edu...

The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing, but the ability to do so has proved elusive for several reasons. The immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony. There is still much that researchers don't know about the intricacies and interconnectedness of the immune response. For now, there are no scientifically proven direct links between lifestyle and enhanced immune function.

don't gloss over the above. They are literally telling us that

researchers don't know

www.economist.com...

So on April 24th the World Health Organisation issued a briefing note on why immunity passports are not a good idea: “There is currently no evidence”, it said, “that people who have recovered from covid-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection.”

I go back to my op reply, hmmm listen to two opinionated doctors or .............

the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine released a joint statement critical of Erickson's and Massihi's opinions as expressed in the video, calling them "reckless and untested musings"

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah.. Those numbers as lockdowns are lifted need to be carefully watched. Whether there is a spike of CoV-2/covid specifically.. It matters not because of how perceptions have been shaped. If there is an uptick in, say, "flu" or "colds," or really any illness, that will absolutely be perceived by many in the public as "covid!" Which may very well result in cries for more lockdowns.. Which could begin a horrific cycle borne of ignorance and fear.

Thats putting aside any "shenanigans" too, by the media/politicians/etc.

It does seem that many have their personal identities tied up in everything *but* themselves.

A good example is the Ghostbusters reboot, or many forms of entertainment. If you dont like it, or dare to actually think it was "bad," well.. you are an *insert pejorative here*.

Beyond that though, we saw many take any criticisms (legitimate or otherwise) as personal attacks on their very being. Very, very odd behavior.. And I think we are seeing similar now.

Its like.. Not only is their personal identity tied up in corporate (?) interests, their value as a person is defined by how well they keep others in "check." No actual social credit score needed, I suppose.

People are primed to think of literally everything in the worst terms possible right now, and have been for months. There is no "good news" for many, and their personal identity and value seem tied up in keeping others in that same spot.

And I know I dont need to clarify with you, but none of this means that things arent serious. Frankly, Ive been frustrated over the years by the total lack of people taking infectious diseases seriously. Its just that some of the best things we can do are, perhaps, counterintuitive and "taking them seriously" doesnt mean "panikon deima."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join