It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke KICKED OFF FACEBOOK

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Jay-morris

You speak of freedom yet seek to force a private company to provide a platform for someone they don't want to give a platform too.

What's next forcing MacDonalds to serve pizzas ?

Seriously dude! You are not listening! They were pressured to silence Icke from their platforms. Why do you keep on mentioning "private company" when obviously they can be pressured into doing this?

You are ignoring facts, and pulling evidence out of your #ss to somehow justify this.

Shall we silence all the people you do not like who have a platform, just because you do not like them?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Pressured by whom ? Why ?

I get it, you want to force businesses to do what you want them to.
edit on 5-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Pressured by whom ? Why ?

I get it, you want to force businesses to do what you want them to.

I have already stated the BBC. They put pressure on YouTube, and it worked. Go check it out yourself, but something tells me you do not deal in facts.

You have came up with excuse after excuse, and ignored my questions.

Should they silence all the conspiracy theorists? Or just the one you do not like?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Look jay he is not being silenced, if people only look to youtube and Facebook for information they are seriously both misinformed and uninformed.

Its not up to those platforms to educate people it's to entertain them so I'm not really sure what your upset about.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Look jay he is not being silenced, if people only look to youtube and Facebook for information they are seriously both misinformed and uninformed.

How many times do I have to say this before it sinks in! Facebook has over two billion members. YouTube is the 2nd biggest search engine in the world. Both facebook and youtube banned him within 24 hours.

So what if people get their information from YouTube or facebook! It is their right to do that.
You think listening to mainstream media is being informed? Are you serious?

Its not up to those platforms to educate people it's to entertain them so I'm not really sure what your upset about.

So, are you telling me there is no youtube videos that do not educate people? Thst it's all there to entertain people? Who died and made you all knowing of youtube videos and why people watch them?

You are really showing your arragoce and ignorance here. I would say it was laughable, but to be honest, I find it rather worrying!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ok well you are free to get your world view from Facebook if that's your thing, I will continue to look at many different sources and come to my own conclusions.

Just curious, you do understand right that Facebook is privately owned and only content approved by the owners is displayed, so as far as informed goes your being spoon fed information through the owners bias, it's an awful place to get rounded view.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ok well you are free to get your world view from Facebook if that's your thing, 

I did not say that! Stop putting words in my mouth. Seriously, it's not good to lie like that to prove a point! I said facebook has over 2 billion members, so it's a huge gateway for people to talk about whatever. Be it conspiracies, science, movies, music who

I said, and I repeat! Are you saying there are no videos in YouTube that educate people. Are you saying out of the billions if videos on there, there is nothing to learn?

I will continue to look at many different sources and come to my own conclusions.

News Flash! The earth does not revolve around you! If you are not interested in something, then just do not watch it! Simple! Thst is your right to watch it, or not to watch it, and that should be everyone's right!

Just curious, you do understand right that Facebook is privately owned 

You are not listening!

and only content approved by the owners is displayed, so as far as informed goes your being spoon fed information through the owners bias, it's an awful place to get rounded view.

It does not matter! It's your right if you want go view it or not! Seriously, it's like talking to a brick wall!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well ok jay were not getting anywhere here, like I said I'm free to watch and read David ike' s theories all I want, as is the 2 billion subscribers to Facebook, it's not my job to educate the dumb masses nor is it Facebook's.

Have a nice day .

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

To say ike is being silenced because he is booted from Facebook is like saying he's being starved because he's been banned from MacDonalds.

Not with that gut, Icke’s got!

Seriously…

Icke is being censored technically, sure, and the question should be is it right, not if its censorship.

It is censorship but that in itself is a form of freedom, freedom to be allowed to censor things based on your private belief system.

Icke then should not complain since he can just start his own social media company.

Sure, he won’t be able to compete with Facebook and YouTube but that’s capitalism with its always inherent advantage it gives to the rich and powerful.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well ok jay were not getting anywhere here, like I said I'm free to watch and read David ike' s theories all I want, as is the 2 billion subscribers to Facebook, it's not my job to educate the dumb masses nor is it Facebook's.

Have a nice day .

So, are you saying They have not limited his voice from taking him off Facebook and youtube?

The problem here is, you do not like him, so if it's someone you do not like, then it's ok to silence him.

I do not believe in the flat earth theory, does that mean because I do not agree with the theory, then I would be ok for facebook and youtube to start deleting their pages and channels because of outside pressure? No I would not!

I can imagine that you would be happy with just the mainstream media, and that's it. No alternative views, no free thinkers!

It's quite sad that you pick and choose who should be and not be silenced, which basically boils down if you like them or not, or disagree with what they are saying.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The reality is if ike was really popular and made money someone could start a platform exclusively for people like him to spread their message, as they say money talks and bull# walks.

You'd think ats would be more popular, turns out though most people think conspiracy theories are for kooks.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So, are you saying They have not limited his voice from taking him off Facebook and youtube? 

I'm saying if that's where you going to find truth you're in the wrong place.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'm saying if that's where you going to find truth you're in the wrong place.

So, let me get this straight. So you are saying there is no truth on YouTube. Please tell me where we can find this "truth" you are talking about?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The reality is if ike was really popular and made money someone could start a platform exclusively for people like him to spread their message, as they say money talks and bull# walks.

Why? If you are not interested, don't watch it, simple as that. Or is it because you do not lime it, then it's all BS?

You'd think ats would be more popular, turns out though most people think conspiracy theories are for kooks.

So all conspiracies are for kooks? You must have researched all conspiracies to come go thst conclusion. Also, you have already made it clear that you have special powers and know every living persons mind!

So, they should do the same, for example the ufo subject?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The truth is hard to come by, I'm sure there are truths on YouTube just finding them is like finding a needle in a haystack.

There is no magical truth outlet, we get fed a constant barage of half truths, conflicting realities, obscufation and outright lies, some for agendas, some for profits, some for personal gains.

Back to where we started that has little bearing on what content a private company chooses to allow on their platforms.
edit on 5-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The truth is hard to come by, I'm sure there are truths on YouTube just finding them is like findinging a needle in a haystack.

Truth of what? Have you seen all these videos on YouTube to come to this conclusion? Do you also have a great fast processing mind that can look at millions of videos and come to this conclusion?

Also, you think youtube is just full of conspiracies? You can educate yourself with learning an instrument, science, history, art, music, film etc

In fact, you could learn pretty much every on YouTube thst you would learn in college. So, obviously, YouTube is a place to learn and educate yourself!

There is no magical truth outlet, we get fed a constant barage of half truths, conflicting realities, obscufation and outright lies, some for agendas, some for profits, some for personal gains.

You are right! There is no "magical truth outlet" if you want to watch CNN, then watch CNN. If you want to watch RT, then watch RT. If you want to watch alternative media, then watch alternative media. It's your choice. You think it's ok for people to take that choice away from you? Well, that's the way it was heading!

I gurentee, if they shut down Ickes website, then people like you would say something lime "that ok, because Icke does not own the internet"

And this is my point. The only reason you are saying this is because you do not like him, and do not agree with his views. That is the only reason.

Back to where we started that has little bearing on what content a private company chooses to allow on their platforms.

Again, you are either ignoring my previous points, or you simply just do not get it. YouTube shut down his channel after pressure from the BBC, and in the same 24 hours, he is also deleted from Facebook. Scream "private company" all you like, they were pressured to silence him, and they gave in.

YouTube has a three strike rule, but those three strikes and you are off! With David Icke, they deleted his channel, even though he had no strikes, which pretty much says it all!

And you keep on ignoring my question. Would you be ok if they came down had on the ufo conspiracy too?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Censorship of speech in any form is troubling. Human adults should be able to digest or skip over speech that offends them without having to have a nanny state protect them from their own outrage.

I'd caution those that celebrate this move by Facebook and those like it, IE: Alex Jones and who knows how many others in the near future.......... Be very careful what you wish for, maybe one day the things you believe in and or want to speak about are deemed inappropriate.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Censorship of speech in any form is troubling. Human adults should be able to digest or skip over speech that offends them without having to have a nanny state protect them from their own outrage.

I'd caution those that celebrate this move by Facebook and those like it, IE: Alex Jones and who knows how many others in the near future.......... Be very careful what you wish for, maybe one day the things you believe in and or want to speak about are deemed inappropriate.

Finally! Someone who gets it! But if you say this, then to some people that means you are a fan of theirs! Ridiculous!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You know your right, UFOs, conspiracies, and alt news are the very small minority we often forget.

Icke really isn’t that well known either just a small group of alt news and conspiracy buffs.

They thought he was rich but he did a YouTube and went to his flat and he is far from rich.

One thing for sure, Icke IS NOT antisemitic just anti-Zionist which is a difference.

People like Icke, once the MSN labels him antisemitic you have the mark of Cain on you

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I like some of his stuff, he's a looney for sure but has come up with some absolute gems.

No doubt he gets little airtime from the msm and any he does get will be derogatory, surely part of the reason youtube and Facebook are deplatforming him as they align with the mainstream corporate vision of the world, which seems to be becoming some kind of corptopia, and another reason I fail to understand why people are upset a mainstream platform discards ike and co. I liken that to kicking a drunk out of the pub, the pub is for drinkers not for drunks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join