It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fauci a doctor or a sales man or just your run-of-the-mill crook ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm going to be skeptical of all treatments/vacines/cures until there are large data samples.

This whole pandemic is being used as a money/power/freedom grab and also politically motivated

But people are doing it with Hydroxychloroquine and Remdesivir, pretty much divided by party lines.

When I listen to Hannity, he won't stop going on about Hydroxychloroquine.

Now, I'm not saying he is wrong, but he is by nature a political pundit and not a doctor. There does seem to be some data to suggest it can help some people, and that's great. But that doesn't make it an end all be all....

And just because Fauci is a doctor, it doesn't mean he's insulated from bias for whatever reason. So while his profession makes him more qualified to speak on such matters, he's not the end all be all. I'm not going to put all my faith in him.

But Trump has name dropped Gilead a hand full of times during his press conferences. Guess what their stock does within seconds of that?

Everything is convoluted right now, and unfortunately the whole thing like everything else has been politicized. I'd be willing to admit with the way the power structure is, it looks like one side is using this to dethrown another... But that doesn't absolve the group in charge of not going their part to politicize this too.

It's all a cluster f* at this point. And I fear we've crossed the line of any chance at reconciling this in an efficient and effective matter. Personally I blame the populace more than the politicians at allowing this to happen. Ask everyone if they trust politicians and most would say no, yet the country will widely fall into rank when it comes to party vs party issues. We're sheeple, and it's time we admit we have a problem if we want to address it.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

China holds the patent on the Remdesevir drug made by Gilead through its subsidiary UNITAID, whic has an office near Wuhan by the way

I hadn’t heard that before thanks .

I can muddle my way through criminal law . But my experience with patent law you can fit in a thimble.

This article seems to say that Gilead holds the patents and the Chinese applied for a Chinese patent . That process could take 3 to 5 years and will be challenged by Gilead . The CEO says they intend to protect their intellectual property .

But I can’t tell if there’s a way for China to hijack the drug.

Does anybody have a better understanding of patent law ?

Beats me

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

China doesn't care about intellectual property. Gilead doesn't stand a chance at protecting it in China.

Not only does China hijack IP in their country, but they do it here as well. We have corporate espionage cases against Chinese nationals in every state in the US. A lot of what they get is because companies source production in China making it easier for them to hijack. But they'll go through great lengths to get sensitive information abroad as well.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The trials that tested remdesivir were flawed..

Pursuing Safe and Effective Anti-Viral Drugs for COVID-19

This may sound exciting, but these preliminary results, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, come with major caveats. There were no controls, participants were not randomized, and the study lacked other key features of the more rigorously designed NIH clinical trial. We can all look forward to the results from the NIH trial, which are are expected within a matter of weeks. Hopefully these will provide much-needed scientific evidence on remdesivir’s safety and efficacy in people with COVID-19.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There is another drug that may treat the virus and it has been around for awhile and is also low cost.

The Approved Dose of Ivermectin Alone is not the Ideal Dose for the Treatment of COVID-19

Conclusions: The likelihood of a successful clinical trial using the approved dose of ivermectin is low. Combination therapy should be evaluated in vitro.

Re-purposing drugs for use in COVID-19 treatment is an ideal strategy but is only feasible when product safety has been established and experiments of re-purposed drugs are conducted at clinically relevant concentrations.

Any approved treatment for CoVID will be a newfangled and expensive drug IMO.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FallingdownI like your work here Mr. Down though I don't necessarily agree with your conclusions. Or disagree for that matter.

But what do you suppose might have been the relationship between Joe Grogon and the new push for this remdesifackIcan'tspellit ? And do you have any speculations on his resignation? Do you think he just said ''I want to go home"" or maybe that there could have been a consortium of people in the administration who were sensing that his immediate background with Giliad might be a tip off so out the door you go kiddo ?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Remdesivir is in its Phase 3 Clinical Trial (actual structured evaluations as opposed to anecdotal speculation). I suspect Grogon resigned to eliminate the possibility of conflict of interest. An unusually upright move for a Trump Administration member.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

First off I didn’t actually come with any conclusions . I took the data I found and laid it on the table .

The biggest problem I have is that a CEO of a pharmaceutical company was ever on the board of the NIAID . I think that should be exclusively for researchers and scientists .

I checked and they have funded many more projects for Gilead Sciences . As I noted in my other thread Dr. Fauci has around $4 billion a year to dole out for research projects .

The NIAID originally funded remdesivir as a ebola medication but it took a header . Now it’s under going same drug in trials for Covid 19 And apparently it now has sensational results that seem to mirror the unsensational results of hydroxychloroquine.

Heads of pharmaceutical companies should not be in the decision making process for federal funding . They can receive federal funding but they shouldn’t have a voice in where it goes .

That does and should throw red flags up for cronyism . Which is something Dr. Fauci has allegedly been investigated for .

Which is something I covered in this thread

Quite the coincidence don’t you think ?

Or

Is it all the clues lining up and complementing each other .

If it quacks like a duck .

It may be a “quack” that better get ready to duck .
edit on 1-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Heads of pharmaceutical companies should not be in the decision making process for federal funding . They can receive federal funding but they should have a voice and where it goes .

Nor should people who are invested in a company that manufactures a certain medication be allowed to say that it works on a wholly different condition when there is no vetted clinical data showing it does.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

It’s in the first phase of a three phase trial . There was no control and wasn’t peer reviewed either so it is anecdotal speculation. Actually The trial test was far less reliable than hydroxychloroquine’s trial.

The patients who received remdesivir at the University of Chicago Medicine were one part of a Phase 3 clinical trial for the drug. During Phase 3, doctors test a drug in a few hundred patients looking for efficacy and monitoring for adverse effects; the fourth and last phase involves testing the drug in a much larger group of patients

However, there is no control group, meaning scientists can't compare these patients with a group of equally sick individuals who did not receive the drug. This is important, because it's possible that the placebo effect or another, unknown cause is playing a role in these patients' recoveries.

Source

That evidence is less reliable than the data on hydroxychloroquine.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oops

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
And just because Fauci is a doctor,

He is not now, nor has he ever been a real Doctor.

He put in his minimum required time interning, then went straight to his heart's desire...

POLITICS.

He is a money+power grubbing politician. That is all. Well, not all... he is also guilty of crimes against humanity, and deserves to be tried, and when convicted, deserves the death sentence - and would be a fantastic way to bring back public executions.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Sorry for assuming you had arrived at a conclusion here but the Headline offering only ''salesman'' or ''run of the mill crook'' kind of set the tone for that assumption. To me, a sales man IS a ''run of the mill crook'' who is a smooth talker.

But yes the smell of cronyism is strong. But isn't that what the whole move to privatization is all about?
Sing with me here. Government and busninesses working hand in hand for a better world la la la?

Never mind that,it's this Grogan guy that interests me now. From what I read he was on a rocket course in Trump's administration . Pulling him from a ranking job at Giliad, Mulvaney brought him on and in the two years he has been on a rocket course up the lines of power. He was appointed to the Corona Task Force in January but now has given that up, only four months later. And he is not just leaving that Task Force but the job he held as head of Domestic Planning.

I wonder what that is all about. Did you know that he was a college room mate of Sean Spicer?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I thought I had that covered with doctor .

But you’re right I should’ve added narcissistic jerk .

My bad .

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I’m sure you may have already seen this, but just in case. Or for any else who wants to look deeper into how Fauci seems to be rigging this to his biases.

Start at 1:10:00 to hear some great info on Fauci Failures over treatment options. It goes over The flaws in the Hydroxychloroquine study used by the media to support Fauci’s biases. And also how Fauci is manipulating the Placebos in the Remdesivir trials to favor his outcomes

Watch the whole thing if you like. The first part he interviews Dr Erickson, the doctor in California who’s YT video was take down.
edit on 1-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I don't know enough about the man to refute your claims... But those are pretty bold statements.

But the four Republican president he worked for are innocent I assume? They just didn't know, and he is a deepstate king pin able to manipulate to his hearts desire?

Also, are we really mad at him for touting a drug and company over another? Because as I said, there are a few time Trump threw Gilead a bone.

Here's what bothers me. Citizens have been complicit in making this whole thing political.

Lets be honest, we're not at a point where data is sound enough to start drawing hard conclusions. People have already put lines in the sand, and said I'm not trusting it unless it comes from ________.

I don't put all my trust into Fauci, but for the life of me, I don't understand why people are more willing to take medical advice from Trump, who has no medical background.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I thought I had that covered with doctor .

But you’re right I should’ve added narcissistic jerk .

My bad .

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It is a muddle duck because every outlet has to post before they get any confirmations now a day.

I have one source claiming (A) patent of same drug, but I have another source claiming (B) that the Chinese patent is on a procedure of production for the drug.

Neither of them are unheard of, nor "abnormal", to be honest. Generally speaking, it will only become an issue if the two involved don't come to some form of financial terms.

If claim A is the correct information, Gilead will probably get some nice bonuses. If claim B is the correct information, Gilead can still benefit, but in a much more reserved manner.

If claim B is correct, the general resolution is to IP exchange. Gilead gets to use the patented procedure, and the procedure developer gets to produce the product.

It is usually more beneficial to mediate these out, rather than lengthy (and costly) legal battles.

I have no idea which of the claims is accurate.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Here's how I understand it:

• Dr. Fauci & the Obama Admin. gave the Wuhan Institute of Virology $3.7 million to "continue studying human coronaviruses"

• Dr. Fauci and the MSM shoot down Hydroxychloroquine treatment (which has 92% success rate) to try to discredit Trump AND benefit other parties

• China holds the patent on the Remdesevir drug made by Gilead through its subsidiary UNITAID, which has an office near Wuhan by the way

• Bill Gates financially supports Gilead's subsidiary, UNITAID

This whole pandemic is being used as a money/power/freedom grab and also politically motivated

Exactly this.

Fauci also declares his love for Hillary Clinton in his emails - so that should tell you everything you need to know about the creatures character.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: tanstaafl
I don't know enough about the man to refute your claims... But those are pretty bold statements.

I know enough to make the claim - and yes, bold, but it is true.

But the four Republican president he worked for are innocent I assume?

Why on earth would you ass-u-me that?

Also, are we really mad at him for touting a drug and company over another?

No, he is guilty of crimes against humanity for knowingly and willfully suppressing treatments - simple, natural, non-patentable treatments (like high-dose IV Vitamin C) - that could have saved millions of lives over the past 30 years that he has held influence in the highest levels of the medical mafia.

I don't understand why people are more willing to take medical advice from Trump, who has no medical background.

I don';t take medical advice from anyone. I will listen to a Doctor, then I will do my own research to determine if what he is saying is true or if his advice is the best course of action to take for any given problem.

That said - I can't remember the last time I went to a Doctor for advice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join