It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical reasons against isolation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
I'm sorry but you have given nothing plausible to the detriment about this lock down.

I would say mental stimulus is a KEY factor in good health.

The lack of random, unplanned, unfamiliar, new, interesting and important sensory imput is damaging people from the inside out. Couple that with withdrawl symptoms from being deprived of friends and loved ones and new faces and meetings and it compounds the problems.

Couple THAT with the desire for those IN CONTROL of this lockdown to place emphasis on economic issues and NEW health issues and have them ignore people's natural needs for social stimulus and the culminative effects can be FATAL.

A good friend of mine HUNG HERSELF LAST WEEK following a drunk evening of skyping with family she hadn't seen in months and no idea when she would see them again...if ever.

Mental health conditionss are putting people back into caves and fenced gardens and it is having permenant knock on effects to physical wellbeing.

Shame your kids are confined to a yard and are missing out on the world outside, especially friends and first hand social interaction They can watch it on TV eh and have virtual friends instead.

Ignorance is bliss. I hope you and your family survive and become more than obedient workers and consumers.

I recon a big physical problem coming will be people's failing eyesight because of a lack of horizons and long vision and staring at screens big and small.

Peace.

As folk do, you have come to conclusions that are not remotely close to actuality.
My family is not "confined to a yard and are missing out on the world outside."
They are missing "first hand social interaction with their peer group." Except by screen time.

This may be the first time I've been given the label of an "obedient workers and consumers."

Your post started off strong, I could get behind what you were arguing. But you decided to go personal, and got everything incorrect.

Congrats for assuming. I'm sure you know what assuming leads to?

<< 1   >>

join