It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC goes door to door looking for Guinea Pigs/Volunteers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: putnam6

Ummm...I know...I’ve been laid off...(retail manager marine sales)...for over a month...

Laid off and locked down...

I just want to get on my motorcycle and ride...explore all the roads I’ve never traveled kind of thing...

However...I’m astute enough to see the efficacy in trying to limit the spread of a contagion like this...

EVERY...country that had relaxed their restrictions...is now tightening them again...because their infection and fatality rates spiked...

Just as we will too here in the US...unfortunately it will have to be on the backs of those who will suffer and then possibly die in the name of economy and freedom of...whatever...

Stay safe...

YouSir

But wouldn't it make sense to search for antibodies in an area where the infection rate is much higher ergo, more infections more likelihood of persons that have developed antibodies for the virus. I'm pretty sure when I was younger and didn't have people I was responsible for I'd likely do the test and not give it a second thought.

I get the isolation I get the sterilization protocols I get the masks and social distancing and will adhere to the doctrine until we are told differently. FWIW in my families situation, this has killed our business of 40 years that supported 5 individual family groups and supplemented others, and I know we aren't alone and many more are in much more dire situations but it's time to slowly try and get back to work if for nothing else to see if it is salvageable and still a viable business. If not will your marine business hire 13 persons with wholesale business experience? or at least for the immediate future would you like fries with that?

Beyond that it will start to put other pressures on keeping my Mom healthy and safe, the real likelihood of moving in with other relatives, the rest of us relocating to find work, where ever it may be. Already regretting not applying at the grocery store just to have something coming in a few weeks ago, but then that would have put out in the infection zone.

PS. I apologize if my posts came across snotty and confrontational, mostly just didn't see this posted anywhere and it was creating a stir on the Next Door app and was a viewpoint on the local situation I know every area is different and has varying degrees of problems.

Good Luck to you and yours.. hope you can hit the open road soon

Ummm...I certainly don’t disagree with anything you just stated...

I am sorry to hear about your family business and how it impacts you and yours...not to mention your clients...

I love how you brought up your mom...and your obvious compassion for her...My mom at 87 still lives alone and when I visit to take her to an appointment...or bring her shopping...we both mask up...and I always have a bottle of everclear and aloe on hand to spritz our hands...then of course...it’s into the washing machine with the clothes and a shower afterwards...

I just bought her a Kindle fire and am taking it over today so that she can face time with family and friends...

(Her laptop is in the shop)...

If it weren’t for this virus and everything to got with it...she’d still be at work...and drive herself as well...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

There is a reason for that. In the words of a former President.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: SaturnFX
So...a test to see if you already had the virus is bad?
wouldn't you want to know if you are already past it and immune?

There is no such thing as 'immunity' from the common cold (a member of the coronavirus family).

There is no such thing as 'immunity' from any of the varying strains of the flu.

There is no such thing as 'immunity' to SARS-Cov or SARS-Cov-2.

There is only one thing you can do to gain 'immunity', and this is to simply make your immune system bullet proof, so that the worst that can happen to you is to experience some minor (maybe occasionally even major) symptoms, but never anything requiring hospitalization or intervention beyond the old tried and true 'get plenty of bed rest and drink lots of water' self-treatment.

Sometimes its okay to research things
Scientific American - SARS like Coronaviruses makes you immune for up to 3 years
If we are immune for 2-3 years as typical of other SARs strains, that mixed with widespread testing, this can be licked.

So thats hopeful.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I took the antibody test this past Monday......negative results.
I thought for sure that I had it for 3 weeks in March.
1st week I had chills, fever, terrible cough, bad headache.
2nd week I had shortness of breath, lingering cough, lingering headaches.
3rd week still short of breath, still coughing, tightness in my chest and on and off headaches.
Never had flu like effects last 3 weeks in my life....ever.

Yep, well I had a similar thing happen to me at the beginning of December, but that was most likely just the Flu. I haven't had one of those bad boys in like 15 years. Really sucks.

If Covid is worse than that...ugg.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: SaturnFX

Who says you can only get it once and then become immune afterwards? We've most likely all been exposed already anyway. Both of my in-laws were showing every symptom of this virus last November and got past it without any way of knowing what it was. My f-i-l has COPD and his biggest symptom was not being able to breathe. He was tested several times for several things over a three week period and it all came back negative which had the doctors baffled. Doctors told him to buy Afrin and gave him some prescription medicine for a severe cold and he survived.

Immunity for a few years. That mixed with the concerted effort to extinguish this unlike anything we have seen in our lifetime (to date...hopefully the only time) will eradicate this strain. Make it disappear like the OG SARs

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Nothing to add? Did you read? I particularly agree with what they said about people not owing anyone their livelihoods just because they may not have a great immune system. It's a valid point, yet you chose to go on about nonsense attacking the poster. You could have addressed their point.
edit on 2-5-2020 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frodolives
I hope everyone slams the door in their faces and tells them to get lost.
You want volunteers? Tell them to go to the clinic and get it done.
Sheeple....gonna be the death of us all.

...or do you figure they will microchip your blood sample or something...I'm confused.

I know the tin foilers don't want the vaccine because...something, but if you lot find out you already had it, wouldn't that work for your narrative?
It ain't about chipping or vaccines. It's about knocking on doors soliciting for info. Collecting data to spy on your contacts etc. Spin it any way you like, but it is wrong. I suppose all females ought to get a pap smear once a week...cause you know, might have uterine cancer. Maybe a weekly brain scan is in order because you get headaches occasionally.

Tin foil hat has nothing to do with it. wrong is wrong.
edit on 3-5-2020 by Frodolives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Also, you don't have the virus today when tested, what about tomorrow...or 2 weeks from now?
Should we get on a list for biweekly house exams?

Therein lies the absurdities of this.
It is just a means of collecting info to support absolute fear mongering and tighten control over a free society.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

If we are immune for 2-3 years as typical of other SARs strains, that mixed with widespread testing, this can be licked.

So thats hopeful.

That isn't immunity. Immunity is whet you get as a child when you get chicken pox.

Immunity is for life.

What you are talking about is resistance.

What I am talking about is simply having a naturally strong and vital immune system that can even handle 'novel' viruses without breaking a sweat (well, ok, maybe a little sweat, fever, etc, which is simply signs of the immune system doing its job).

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I hope everyone slams the door in their faces and tells them to get lost.
You want volunteers? Tell them to go to the clinic and get it done.
Sheeple....gonna be the death of us all.

...or do you figure they will microchip your blood sample or something...I'm confused.

I know the tin foilers don't want the vaccine because...something, but if you lot find out you already had it, wouldn't that work for your narrative?
It ain't about chipping or vaccines. It's about knocking on doors soliciting for info. Collecting data to spy on your contacts etc. Spin it any way you like, but it is wrong. I suppose all females ought to get a pap smear once a week...cause you know, might have uterine cancer. Maybe a weekly brain scan is in order because you get headaches occasionally.

Tin foil hat has nothing to do with it. wrong is wrong.

Until they show up with two armed police officers or soldiers, I don't see anything wrong with it. Right now, if they show up at your door, you can politely say "no thank you" and send them on their way.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Fine no arguing from me. You do what you will.
As for me, I am concerned about what a group of sissies we have become in this country.
No directed at you...just stating my own opinion.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Door to door like the Men in Black?

I never answer my door unless I know who it is.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They will never report the real numbers.

COVID-1984 was simply this seasons flu strain.

No more deadly than the average flu.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Fine no arguing from me. You do what you will.
As for me, I am concerned about what a group of sissies we have become in this country.
No directed at you...just stating my own opinion.

You would have loved the Polio outbreak.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm in an area where Pfizer is not too far away and they are always looking for people. Sometimes they pay a lot of money, sometimes not so much

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust the CDC, they have lied about vaccines in the past, for all we know they could be taking DNA samples and sending them to China to adjust for the next outbreak.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
I wouldn't trust the CDC, they have lied about vaccines in the past, for all we know they could be taking DNA samples and sending them to China to adjust for the next outbreak.

Interesting. Another deep-state Trump backstabber in the White House? Or, a good-guy protecting the President?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The decision to shelve detailed advice from the nation’s top disease control experts for reopening communities during the coronavirus pandemic came from the highest levels of the White House, according to internal government emails obtained by The Associated Press.

The files also show that after the AP reported Thursday that the guidance document had been buried, the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval.

The trove of emails show the nation’s top public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spending weeks working on guidance to help the country deal with a public health emergency, only to see their work quashed by political appointees with little explanation.
Source: apnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join