It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC goes door to door looking for Guinea Pigs/Volunteers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Atlanta (CNN)Health workers are knocking on doors around metro Atlanta this week to conduct random antibody tests to see how many people have been infected with the novel coronavirus.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- which is headquartered in Atlanta -- has partnered with the Georgia Department of Public Health and the local boards of health in Fulton and Dekalb counties to conduct a survey of randomly selected homes.
Residents who choose to participate are asked to provide a blood sample for the antibody test and answer some questions about their medical history and possible exposure to the coronavirus, the state's Department of Public Health said in a news release.

Have been avoiding the news and just heard about this, Have to wonder how many people are participating? comments on the Next Door app were in one of these areas was decidedly against the practice mostly because in a community of about 110,000 we have 79 cases.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It will be interesting to see how many people actually have had it. If it is a lot, the death rate will be dropping and many cranky people that have been out of work or losing a business for no reason.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I hope everyone slams the door in their faces and tells them to get lost.
You want volunteers? Tell them to go to the clinic and get it done.
Sheeple....gonna be the death of us all.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'll volunteer when they replace the salt lick in my cage.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Ummm...dayam...and here I thought that all the nothing burgers would be storming the doors of the CDC...locked and loaded...in order to prove to the world just how Ooh-aah...they are...

It’s so manly to squeal...nothing burger...in that high falsetto...while your filling your boots with piss...

Ooh-aah...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frodolives
I hope everyone slams the door in their faces and tells them to get lost.
You want volunteers? Tell them to go to the clinic and get it done.
Sheeple....gonna be the death of us all.

So...a test to see if you already had the virus is bad?
wouldn't you want to know if you are already past it and immune?

...or do you figure they will microchip your blood sample or something...I'm confused.

I know the tin foilers don't want the vaccine because...something, but if you lot find out you already had it, wouldn't that work for your narrative?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...dayam...and here I thought that all the nothing burgers would be storming the doors of the CDC...locked and loaded...in order to prove to the world just how Ooh-aah...they are...

It’s so manly to squeal...nothing burger...in that high falsetto...while your filling your boots with piss...

Ooh-aah...

YouSir

Don't think its anything of that sort at all, if you read the article its completely voluntary no reason to piss your boots unless that's your normal reaction to a car backfiring. It's more like they know it's a nothing burger and they trying to drum up some numbers to support said faux pandemic storyline. In other news the first time in weeks, there was actual traffic on the morning traffic report.

and again this is just local.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mugger

I think lots have had it, too. If you think about it, how many times have we all touched something at the store or at the gas pump or in an office building or anything else? None of it has been sanitized so unless you walk around in a biohazard suit, and have done so since last November then you've already been exposed.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Ummm...no...nothing of the sort...

However...if you can’t seem to notice the disconnect...then sorry dude your past the point...

Let me illustrate it for you...

Nothing burger: “ I will not isolate...something something...freedom...lock and load...storm the citadel”...

CDC: “We just want you to test to see if you’ve been infected or not”...

Nothing burger: “I will not be subject to these draconian requests...something something...Ooh-aah...FREEDOM...

It’s really kind of funny...a force feed on stereotype kind of funny...

In a sad sort of way...

That was my only point...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I took the antibody test this past Monday......negative results.
I thought for sure that I had it for 3 weeks in March.
1st week I had chills, fever, terrible cough, bad headache.
2nd week I had shortness of breath, lingering cough, lingering headaches.
3rd week still short of breath, still coughing, tightness in my chest and on and off headaches.
Never had flu like effects last 3 weeks in my life....ever.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There's zero reason to assume they will release any information they obtain from your voluntary samples. I wouldn't bother.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Who says you can only get it once and then become immune afterwards? We've most likely all been exposed already anyway. Both of my in-laws were showing every symptom of this virus last November and got past it without any way of knowing what it was. My f-i-l has COPD and his biggest symptom was not being able to breathe. He was tested several times for several things over a three week period and it all came back negative which had the doctors baffled. Doctors told him to buy Afrin and gave him some prescription medicine for a severe cold and he survived.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sorry, but in my neck of the woods when someone shows up your door uninvited, unless they are being chased by a bear or a cougar, they are not welcome. Some government lacking in a space suit shows up wanting to stick things in my body? There’s lotsa holes out there in the desert, they ain’t all empty.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ummm...no...nothing of the sort...

However...if you can’t seem to notice the disconnect...then sorry dude your past the point...

Let me illustrate it for you...

Nothing burger: “ I will not isolate...something something...freedom...lock and load...storm the citadel”...

CDC: “We just want you to test to see if you’ve been infected or not”...

Nothing burger: “I will not be subject to these draconian requests...something something...Ooh-aah...FREEDOM...

It’s really kind of funny...a force feed on stereotype kind of funny...

In a sad sort of way...

That was my only point...

YouSir

More to the point these are people that have been isolating for 8 weeks not protesting or storming the gates as you put it, the city governments have been fairly lenient and yet the cases here are very small even compared to other parts of the county, not to mention that the testing is so limited in area and scope the numbers reliability will be akin to polls. As the data is only collected from those that choose to participate. ie it's a waste of time and resources along with the albeit small chance of something getting messed up or used for ulterior motives.

I'll add the caveat in my situation we have our 80-year-old mother that we have been dutifully kept isolated, sterile, and healthy even before the official "lockdown". In other words, even though I'm highly skeptical I'm not so skeptical to not try and mitigate for her. Yea I do resent them coming door to door after so many have complied and if it is as risky as they say it is dragging them "Rona" germs with them. It's comical..

edit on 1-5-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Ummm...I know...I’ve been laid off...(retail manager marine sales)...for over a month...

Laid off and locked down...

I just want to get on my motorcycle and ride...explore all the roads I’ve never traveled kind of thing...

However...I’m astute enough to see the efficacy in trying to limit the spread of a contagion like this...

EVERY...country that had relaxed their restrictions...is now tightening them again...because their infection and fatality rates spiked...

Just as we will too here in the US...unfortunately it will have to be on the backs of those who will suffer and then possibly die in the name of economy and freedom of...whatever...

Stay safe...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
So...a test to see if you already had the virus is bad?
wouldn't you want to know if you are already past it and immune?

There is no such thing as 'immunity' from the common cold (a member of the coronavirus family).

There is no such thing as 'immunity' from any of the varying strains of the flu.

There is no such thing as 'immunity' to SARS-Cov or SARS-Cov-2.

There is only one thing you can do to gain 'immunity', and this is to simply make your immune system bullet proof, so that the worst that can happen to you is to experience some minor (maybe occasionally even major) symptoms, but never anything requiring hospitalization or intervention beyond the old tried and true 'get plenty of bed rest and drink lots of water' self-treatment.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

However...I’m astute enough to see the efficacy in trying to limit the spread of a contagion like this...

Astute? More like deluded...

EVERY...country that had relaxed their restrictions...is now tightening them again...because their infection and fatality rates spiked...

Just as we will too here in the US...unfortunately it will have to be on the backs of those who will suffer and then possibly die in the name of economy and freedom of...whatever...

Sorry, but YouSir, are deluded. Self-deluded.

Neither I, nor anyone else, owes you their lives/livelihoods to protect you because you have a weak immune system/state of health - regardless of cause (genetics, poor lifestyle choices, birth defects, whatever)...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Astute? More like deluded...

Sorry, but YouSir, are deluded. Self-deluded.

Neither I, nor anyone else, owes you their lives/livelihoods to protect you because you have a weak immune system/state of health - regardless of cause (genetics, poor lifestyle choices, birth defects, whatever)...

Ummm...I really love how you have nothing to add to any conversation you have directed my way...

Really love it...

I also love the following me around different threads...just to repeat your same tired and childish name calling...

Kudo’s...I don’t think I’ve ever had a stalker before...it’s really kind of quaint...in a pathetic sort of way...

But you drive on...good sir...it’s eminently entertaining...

YouSir

edit on 1-5-2020 by YouSir because: I have...the power...

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Ummm...I know...I’ve been laid off...(retail manager marine sales)...for over a month...

Laid off and locked down...

I just want to get on my motorcycle and ride...explore all the roads I’ve never traveled kind of thing...

Stay safe...

YouSir

But wouldn't it make sense to search for antibodies in an area where the infection rate is much higher ergo, more infections more likelihood of persons that have developed antibodies for the virus. I'm pretty sure when I was younger and didn't have people I was responsible for I'd likely do the test and not give it a second thought.

I get the isolation I get the sterilization protocols I get the masks and social distancing and will adhere to the doctrine until we are told differently. FWIW in my families situation, this has killed our business of 40 years that supported 5 individual family groups and supplemented others, and I know we aren't alone and many more are in much more dire situations but it's time to slowly try and get back to work if for nothing else to see if it is salvageable and still a viable business. If not will your marine business hire 13 persons with wholesale business experience? or at least for the immediate future would you like fries with that?

Beyond that it will start to put other pressures on keeping my Mom healthy and safe, the real likelihood of moving in with other relatives, the rest of us relocating to find work, where ever it may be. Already regretting not applying at the grocery store just to have something coming in a few weeks ago, but then that would have put out in the infection zone.

PS. I apologize if my posts came across snotty and confrontational, mostly just didn't see this posted anywhere and it was creating a stir on the Next Door app and was a viewpoint on the local situation I know every area is different and has varying degrees of problems.

Good Luck to you and yours.. hope you can hit the open road soon

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I also love the following me around different threads...just to repeat your same tired and childish name calling.

As I said... deluded...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join