It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much change are you willing to accept to stay safe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
Honestly, I’ve had it!
I know others are feeling the same and it makes me a tad nervous.

I've totally had it.
I have to ware a mask or they wont let me in the grocery store.

first mandatory mask for the safety of others.
next mandatory vaccines it will have to effect our transportation or food chain.

When it comes to the vaccines the change I will except for my safety... is how I survive.
I will have to resort to any means without the vaccine.
and considering how many are on the same page its going to get bad.
I picture city blocks on fire and no one there to put it out.

I heard a rumor that starting today, we won't be allowed to go into any store without a mask. The data shows cases falling off like a ton of bricks so it makes me wonder why suddenly we're all having to wear a mask to gain access to anything.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Gotta keep fear high so they can push the boundaries on what they can get away with.

I dont think this was a planned event, but they are certainly not letting the crisis going to waste... Michigan as an example for infringing on rights.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

These words speak volumes, and are just as true today as they were centuries ago.

How many times must history repeat?
edit on 1-5-2020 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Basic sanitation procedure to increase hygiene

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I have already accepted too much and I want my life
back NOW!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

If they are capable of blocking out functions of Your brain by a Chemical mixture…. What do you think you are in for...…

If they can Block Your mind from having religious thoughts… WHat else can they do With a vaxine to make you a normal person.

They mention making you into a normal person.... Normal by who's standard...?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The biggest threats to freedom is fear and safety.... This over all generalized fear and the drive that you need to be more safe are used as tools. If you are under 60 and in moderately good health should you fear the virus? Should you fear guns? Should you feel you need more Goverment oversight to be safe? Should we have authoritarian rule to provide safety that you, your family, friends, neighbors can not provide as we have done for like forever?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And the Canadian priminister said. We wont Return to normal until the vaxine is created.

We are all going to be vaxinated if we need to or not.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When it was proceeded by “Hope and” and we got neither a decade ago.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
from an internal perspective I am relieved that I will no longer have to explain my social distancing.
from a political point of view, geo politics has just tipped on it head, who knows what will crawl out.
I suspect the only thing that will remain consistent going forward is change. I all ready think that authorities have over reached their mandate.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: LSU2018

Gotta keep fear high so they can push the boundaries on what they can get away with.

I dont think this was a planned event, but they are certainly not letting the crisis going to waste... Michigan as an example for infringing on rights.

Exactly. This was just what they'd been waiting on. Democrats thought that they could crash the economy and turn people on Trump but as usual, their manufactured crisis is blowing back in their face.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

If this virus is manufactured in a lab and released there is a aganda behind it.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

And the Canadian priminister said. We wont Return to normal until the vaxine is created.

We are all going to be vaxinated if we need to or not.

Then we ask what is in the shot...lol

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you think you will ever know what is in the Chemical Soup you will be injected With....

I bet you have to put your trust in the exsperts who have Your best health in mind….

We have been groomed to put all Our trust in them…. All they need to inject you is a very good argument.....

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

We have been groomed to put all Our trust in them….

Man we can go so many different ways with this. I wonder if you will need to carry a vaccination card.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I have a card already. I have a job that makes me travel to countries in Africa and so on. Last time i was injected i asked if it was needed. The doctor said probably not, but it was manditorry because it was demanded by authority for me to have these injections.

She said that even if you are vaxinated you will bring the virous back home…. This means that the virus might not effect me but my Family and frieends. I have traveled for 25 years back and forth to Africa and it have never been a problem. The vaxine does not kill the virus that is on my body or property. It only makes me resistant not my Family or my friends…...they are not vaxinated the same way i am.

So what is the point of being vaxinated if you bring the virus back With you on Your way home…and no one else is effected by it....?

I am not the only one who travels to Remote Places where vaxines are demanded by authorities….. Why are there no restriction put on us when we get home…??

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Change isn't necessarily a bad thing, though traditionally the only people who like it are wet babies.

If the change is just that - change - then its not a problem if it effects the desired results. If that change encompasses loss of liberty then I think it is something to be avoided. I don't mean having to wear masks or avoid large gatherings. I mean real liberties, guaranteed in the Constitution.

What has me concerned are things I have been seeing at the local level as well as national. Things that boil down to, "Hey look - a virus. Lets pass some anti-gun laws." "Look, people are sick. Lets pass a law that lets us seize personal property and sell it."

We have laws against price gouging in emergencies. Don't we have some kind of laws against politicians that are even worse?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Over the past twenty years I have been watching the world change in ways that I would have thought impossible before the millennium.

One thing I have noticed in particular is many of these changes seemed to be focused on preventing, or at least discouraging, the free movement of the citizenry. This isn't a US or European issue, but a global one. The constant demonization of travel methods that allow free navigation with ease (namely cars and planes).

The constant beat of electrifying modes of individual transportation is one. Electric cars are all well and good, but what kind of range can you get out of them before you need to recharge? How long does that recharge take? A gasoline or diesel fueled car takes minutes to refuel at most. Electric cars take hours to recharge. Hours where you are stuck and unable to continue your journey (or your flight from some circumstance?)

How do you quickly flee an oppressive government when you can only walk, bike or take public transportation? How could the serfs/peasants leave their land when they could only walk, while their lords could ride horses to bring them back? Why the push for concentrating the people into cities? Is it to better control them? "Stay in your homes, so we can know where you are at all times. Keep those cell phones on so we can track your location by GPS. Let's put facial recognition in place for all the CCTVs so we can identify where people are going." Sounds like 1984 to me...

I don't necessarily believe there is an all powerful global government out to bring back feudalism in the modern age, but some of the changes being enacted make me wonder sometimes if that could be the direction we are heading....
edit on 1-5-2020 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: DanDanDat

What ever change you can spare. Coins or notes.

My preference is for larger denomination notes, but they can be, like, all crumpled up and dirty. Perhaps even torn. I don't mind.

That's what a job is for. You don't have to be a beggar when you have one.

Oh, I have several incomes. It doesn't mean I won't also accept political donations.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join