It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well played America, well played..... NOT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: shooterbrody

So we should be thankful

Yes thankful for Britain putting the colonies in North America, because without them your country would never have existed.

You can thank us anytime.

The US would still exist, it just would have been Spanish, French, or Nordic in origin.

Really? So which of those countries colonies formed The U.S. ?

Answer. NONE

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You dont have to take it from me but I'd there was arrests, we would have many many sources to choose from.

Those weapons are perfectly legal here. They aren't high powered, relatively. .223 or 5.56mm. The "assault weapon" argument is beyond silly at this point. It's funny how that sticks but assault bat or assault bow sound ridiculous.

My opinion on your last point is simple. Use what's already in place and bolster the resources already available. The measures taken in my state were hastily passed with very little thought or foresight. The holes are many and apparent thus the public outrage. It doesnt help that Whitmer is vying for the spot as Bidens running mate for president. Soils and taints the entire thing.

Happy to oblige a conversation.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Do you think that with a less partisan political system the lock down over there could have been handled differently?

I'm all for less partisan. But when you have diametrically opposed sides, where's the compromise?

You can't compromise on rights.

You can only eliminate them.

And if a right can be limited, then it's not really a right, it's a privilege or a talking point.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If it weren't for America, you'd still belong to Australia!

*boom*

#TruthBomb

link   

What exactly do you think the 2nd helps to secure for people?

If you are ostensibly a society that values individual rights and liberties, then the individual needs to have the right to provide their own security should the need arise. That's what the 2nd is for.

When the government provides that security to you, it can also take it away. History is littered with examples of governments becoming abusive, even murderous to some or even all of their citizens despite ample promises of security. I don't think you'll have to go very hard or think much to come up with examples.

That is the ultimate security the 2nd is intended to provide and the reason why those rifles were there. It was a reminder of just that. Whitmer governs with the consent of her people and only with that. Failing all other remedies, the 2nd is the last option open.

link   

The US would still exist, it just would have been Spanish, French, or Nordic in origin.

Errr...Chinese perhaps?

The Chinese allegedly discovered The Americas years before anyone else, so, what comes around........

link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Don't waste your breath. Seriously!

Be glad like me that you are not American, and for once, WE can watch a war on THEIR territory for a change and watch the mass they make.

If the US falls, what will immediately fill the vacuum?

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Your ignorance is impressive!
Just take the L and walk away.

You guys did get a much needed win with the brexit.
So there is hope.

Or wallow in all that intolerance that led to your massive L.

Either way its no matter, and doesnt change history.
God save the queen and all that.....

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Also, it's not illegal per se to own automatic weapons in the US, but it is very, very hard to do. Every weapon you see there is semi-automatic. Those aren't machine guns, not matter how scary they look.

Gun semantics is not my strong point. I refer you to my other posts - in the UK weapons like that are only ever seen (rarely, particularly outside London) in the hands of the Police and armed forces. Most of the time we only see guns at airports or on TV in dramas - or in news from the USA

Automatic, semi automatic or manual - not something I can tell from a distance.

Your average criminal here likely can't even get access to them - hell even the IRA had to make do with pistols and shotguns mainly.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Congressman Adam Schiff just sent a letter to Google and YouTube and Twitter, telling them to clamp down harder on people who go against Authorities.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mocking?

Perhaps find an unbiased report, nef!

In the meantime, please know Americans are not fond of draconian lockdowns!!

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Your ignorance is impressive!
Just take the L and walk away.

You guys did get a much needed win with the brexit.
So there is hope.

Or wallow in all that intolerance that led to your massive L.

Either way its no matter, and doesnt change history.
God save the queen and all that.....

I know it's hurtful for you to know that your country only exists because of Britain

Anyway,that's history that can't be changed. Just learn to live with it.

link   
a reply to: nerbot

Knowledge is key though, as is conversation and discussion

That's what used to happen more around here.

(post by Jonjonj removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You've been here for how many years, and in that time there have been how many gun threads, and in each one this bit of information gets gone over again and again because the US press pretends to be as ignorant as you, so what is your excuse for not knowing this again?

You can't tell me this is the very first time you've done a gun thread. /quirked eyebrow

edit on 30-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Dont worry, they are working on a scheme to ban sharp tips off cutlery.

Thats what Freedom looks like

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DBCowboy

Congressman Adam Schiff just sent a letter to Google and YouTube and Twitter, telling them to clamp down harder on people who go against Authorities.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Well sure!

Government cannot censor. That would be a violation of the 1st Amendment.

But government proxies in social media can censor.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Errr...Chinese perhaps?

The Chinese allegedly discovered The Americas years before anyone else, so, what comes around........

What Devilry is this? Why not just go full blown CT whackadoo and say Egypt discovered America before anyone else, as C2CAM regular Linda Moulton Howe speculates happened? The China theory is entirely based on a single authors speculations and has zero evidence or support. Regardless of that speculation of China, it would still have been several hundred years after Leif Erickson actually did step foot in the New World.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Given the way COVID spreads, shouldn't we all be banning assault trains now? Subways are a death sentence.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

That pretty well sums it up. That is the mindset and the reason. Most of us can protect the vulnerable yet make our own decisions without having our hands held. When we as a people are threatened with mandates that will cause catastrophic loss to our financial security , limits our movements, etc and these threats are in the form of arrest or etc... well then the arms come out to show that we as a people are not subjects, but free humans with rights that are not to be infringed upon by government. That the government is beholden to we the people and not the other way around. We are willing to fight for it too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join