It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well played America, well played..... NOT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Good question.

I'm trying to understand the mindset that goes with it. I don't get it at all. It strikes me as absurd given the current situation.

As I've said, it looks more like a coup attempt than a protest. If an individual walked round with those weapons in the UK they would be surrounded by armed Police and/or possibly shot if they refused to comply with given instructions. I don't see a need for them. Its alien.

That's not a 'well regulated militia' - its an angry mob with automatic weapons.

I realise that you probably don't see that, and that my position is going to get a whole lot of scorn from people who have no idea how the world outside of the US and different cultures operate. I'm sure the pro gun, freedom 'Murica crowd will have their say, I'm 100% sure I'll be told I live in an oppressed country that has given up the right to bear arms (we think of that as civilised!)

And then there is the fact that these people are protesting measures designed to protect them and their families. Again, that is - culturally to me over here in the UK - crazy.

Can you understand where I'm coming from?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And the mocking etc has started.

Are you guys actually capable of intelligent conversation any more?

edit on 30/4/20 by neformore because: (no reason given)

Hit edit in error

edit on Thu Apr 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: LSU2018

To you, maybe.

To me its reminiscent of a coup attempt.

Of course you see that... it bit Great Britain in the ass 250 years ago when 3 percent of the future United States population picked up arms and orchestrated a coup against a bunch of elitist fascist pricks across the Atlantic that also believed they had the right to excessively tax and regulated this country "for our own good." Most English likely do look at freedom in the USA with just a touch of butthurt and a stinging sensation somewhere back behind the left eyeball realizing that the Colonials bent the Queen over and then built the greatest empire since Rome fell. Doubling down on it 170 years later by bailing England's ass out of a war in which your country was mere months away from seeing a Swastika flag raised over Buckingham Palace.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore
No need to mock those without.
Our values are simply different.

edit on 30/4/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So frightening that people are still trying to come to this country to live.

There are pro 2nd gatherings all the time in this country yet you don't hear about politicians having to wear body armor.

I think you know this but are doing your part to fear monger

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

neformore would be speaking German if it wasn't for Americans.

Never forgot that this is how our ancestors are repaid.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh please, this is exactly what people like you crave.

+22 more 
link   

You portrayed Americans protesting infringements of Constitutional Rights and those supporting them as "insanity" in the OP and included a mumbling line of deflections at the end of the OP and you're saying "the mocking has started" while asking others if we're capable of "intelligent conversation?" Mirrors, Nef... do you remember what they look like?

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sadly, predictable from you.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

...and eating whinerschnitzel

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

First off, there was zero violence or arrests that I've seen. Throws your perception of the events out the window.

Secondly, I can almost guarantee that those civilians did not have automatic weapons.

Lastly to the protection point you bring up. Many, myself included can measure our risks. We do everyday and that is universal. Being told where to go and when for goods and services that are left available seems more like corralling than safe measures.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sadly, predictable from you.

It's called consistency, and your reply was equally predictable seeing as how you can't counter the facts I posted. If you can't argue against the facts, ad-hom, ad-hom, ad-hom, goth face, ad-hom, wax poetic, ad-home, whining, ad-hom.
edit on 30-4-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Let me explain something to you.

Outside of the USA, there are these things called 'other countries'

In those countries, we don't do things the same way you do.

So when I write, I'm doing it from the perspective of an outsider looking in - giving an opinion as I see it, and asking questions that are not from your perspective at all.

As I've said, what I'm seeing there makes no sense to me, its alien, and my post is written from that perspective.

If the best you can answer with is some xenophobic bull#, then the merit of intelligent conversation has passed you by.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And there wouldn't be a country called " The United States " if wasn't for The British.

So what's your point ?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: JinMI

I think that happened before the WuHuFlu, though.
That Woman isn't responsible for that one, IIRC.

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Lol
That is funny

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
That is funny

History tells me you had to fight a conflict to become " Independent from Britain "

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Actually, I'd be speaking German if it wasn't for the Russians.

They lost more people than all of the other allied powers combined and held the eastern front on their own for two years before the aid started making a difference. But...semantics. I know they don't teach you that in history lessons in the USA. That's not your fault, nor could I ever thank any US soldier who gave their life in WW2 enough. It was appreciated then, it still is now.

+10 more 
link   

Yes, I realize the majority of the world sees freedom and Constitutional Rights as an alien concept, difficult to understand. The problem is you've made it clear repeatedly that you don't have any desire to understand the American way... you just want to take pot shots at it, particularly the country's Libertarian bents, and then whine and ad-hom when someone doesn't look at your contribution all doe-eyed and agree with your "cultured" Europinions and critical critiques of my country.

Xenophobic? Nah, I don't fear the world, man... I just don't particularly care for the world outside of my own nation.

+1 more 
link   
Oh
So we should be thankful for the ignorant religious persecution in Britain?
Lol
That is the reason the pilgrims left that oh so tolerant island?

Seems the ignorant intolerance to different ideas and values remains intact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join