It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dewy Reflections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Reflections

Do we, just like this tiny drop, each bear reflections of the celestial and earthly spheres? Our beings such that we fully absorb our surroundings using multiple senses, breathe life in and out, ingesting, inspecting, manipulating, and storing it for later. As we form a mirror for all we have done and seen, in doing so we produce a form wholly original and new. Each reflection not only mirrors but shapes and becomes the gift one offers to the universe; our souls luminous and poised on the unfurling petals of life.

edit on 30-4-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for that today

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Too funny, I was posting in your thread just now

I am so glad you enjoyed the post. I hope you have a lovely day.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The rose petal I'm on has black fungal spots eating away at life like the nothingness in the never-ending story, like chaos and entropy or a black hole, and me as a dew drop lingers on the edge of that abyss.
edit on 30-4-2020 by geezlouise because: is

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Ha, then where is the beauty coming from that you so clearly share and bestow on others? Your drop must radiate that beauty from within.

Side note--I've never been fazed by nothingness. I need meaning, which I'm happy to create myself, but if when this all ends and there is nothing left...
I won't know any better,
also sometimes the idea is more palatable than eternal life....

Ok this thread has taken a turn, but I like it.

edit on 30-4-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

A drop of water exists but for a single moment in time, before being absorbed back into the finite cycles of nature and the infinite workings of the universe. It is a reflection of our true selves, a mirrored mandala encompassing all existence in one eternal, solitary moment.

Like our lives, as brief and meaningless and containing the sum of all creation, exist to brightly shine with divine authority, until extinguished as quickly as born.

For thou are forgotten, but always to be remembered.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Marvelously said.

PS that pic's a microcosm of my garden.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

LOL I was being silly and dramatic.

But yeah you're right.

In a way, nothingness can actually be a comforting and freeing state of being. In fact, I often have to return to nothingness myself... undo all that I am, unlearn myself, unlearn the world, and then start over again.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Mine felt a bit silly and dramatic, honestly.

I mean... "Dewy Reflections"? I hated the name right away, lol.

Love what you said about returning to nothingness and emerge an empty vessel again. (paraphrase)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I mean... "Dewy Reflections"? I hated the name right away, lol.

I dunno, I mean you could have gone with "dewy reflect." Either way, it's a nice play on words, or a double entendra of sorts, even if done unconsciously.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I often have to return to nothingness myself... undo all that I am, unlearn myself, unlearn the world, and then start over again.

Love it.
Dismantle or tear everything down and rebuild it until we get it right, or at least feel like we do, and it sticks.

Building sandcastles until we learn to make concrete.

"It's only when you've lost everything, are you free to do anything."

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No, yours was beautiful and deep and true.

It reminded me of what somebody said to me once... idk why I remember this stuff. But somebody told me that we are just products of localization- I didn't know what they meant so I asked. They said that localization meant that we become our immediate environment in a way, our environment makes every part of us, molds us, conditions us, defines us... or in other words... we are reflections of our environment, just like what you're saying. I think you're saying a similar thing.

Love the photo too, cool shot. Nice to know it was from your garden!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Absolutely... I think it's required to learn anything new, but also there's that cycle. We build up something and then tear it down over and over again in a constant state of change because whenever you learn something new it changes everything that you thought you knew, it can change the order of everything, knowledge can be undoing in many ways... yeah. In a way I think this is what some people mean when they say we should be like water- never taking actual form, always moving. Taking form briefly for moments at a time when something (something like our environment) holds us, only to change as our environment changes.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

In a way I think this is what some people mean when they say we should be like water- never taking actual form, always moving.

In essence, liquescence?

Taking form briefly for moments at a time when something (something like our environment) holds us, only to change as our environment changes.

Perhaps that's innate in us all from long ago, adapting, changing. But we have become "settlers" for security and convenience and lost our true selves along the way largely because we feel we need not change, and this why we've lost ourselves and our spirituality. We no longer stop and enjoy the moment for what it is, but continue in our "form, or norm."

Hence, melting away or breaking away our conditioning.
edit on 30-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yes exactly, I see what you did with your name there, very cool.

And I think there's a touch of wanting to stay in control when we're rejecting change and holding onto our forms. We're control freaks, essentially. We want to keep everything the same because then if everything is always the same, then we are able to predict exactly what is going to happen next, and that makes us feel safe... and we don't want to lose our identity.

I understand because I, too, am afraid of the same things... but I find that when I do let go I somehow survive. I continue on regardless. It's not the end of the world. I'm still here, miraculously!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

I understand because I, too, am afraid of the same things... but I find that when I do let go I somehow survive. I continue on regardless. It's not the end of the world. I'm still here, miraculously!

No, it's not the end of the world-- just the end of one world and beginning of another.

I feel the same way.

You all have completely enriched this thread, thank you.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You know what happens...

The drop of dew forgets that it's water and thinks it's identity lies in the reflection, nom saying?

When actually, it's a drop of dew regardless of the reflections. The reflections imposed on it from it's environment don't actually define the drew drop at all. And this is true for us too. I think that's what that person was trying to tell me about being a product of localization as well now that I think about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Beautiful.

This is just that beautiful quality you have I was mentioning earlier.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don't see it but I need to clarify some things.

The ability to reflect is indeed part of the property of water, which makes up the dew drop, right? So it's part of the being to reflect, it's part of what and who we are to reflect things. But the dew drop is not the actual reflections... for example if a dew drop was reflecting a leaf, it might think it itself is a leaf. If a dew drop is reflecting a cloud in the sky, it might think it is the cloud in the sky... when it is not. It is not the reflection.

I think that might explain it better.

I'll stop now I think, it's getting late.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The perfect way to round out the discussion.

Thank you, Lou.

top topics

join