It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 may be killing far more than reported.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
What makes you think if the data is true the cause of death is The virus? What about suicide? Drug overdose? Home accident?

You’re attributing a cause to data without a link. It’s like seeing something blurry in the sky and saying proof of aliens on mars.

a reply to: SaturnFX

Agreed...we don't know (cough) what it could be
I recommend we here on ATS go digging for the truth. find hard facts over what people are saying...we might uncover why soo many people are dying.
Maybe it is all suicides and overdoses..we can only speculate until someone does digging and presents solid evidence..not just talking heads or people on the internet spouting their hyperbole, but actual reviewed evidence that is sourced by credible agencies...

Once you find out, come back here to ATS to report just the findings...and of course be prepared for most of the board to claim you are a left wing fear mongering shill or whatnot I suppose.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow I feel like the data you posted tells a completely different story here is how I see it

DEATHS WITH COVID - TYPICAL DEATHS PER YEAR = ACTUAL COVID DEATHS

Does that seem like its worth this lockdown, not even close.
edit on 2-5-2020 by sprockets2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Weagle

So I think the data is sort of interesting, curious what your theory is?

You don't seem keen on the idea that it might be heart attacks, suicide, lack of preventive and routine healthcare, domestic violence, etc. I get the impression from your comments and your post title that your theory is simply that COVID-19 deaths are being VASTLY under-reported.

Who do you think is responsible for that, and to what end? I can think of a lot of reasons to over-report, but having a much harder time understanding the motivation for a giant conspiracy to under-report.

I suspect a lot of things went up, and plenty of things went down.
heart attacks..maybe. more home stress, less work stress, more concern about how to pay the bills, less drunk driving, it is all over the board
it doesn't explain for the massive spike in deaths though
you know what does....
what the damn news has been saying globally...we got a highly infectious new strain of SARS hitting our country (all countries)
lets keep in mind, this isnt the US that is saying this...its every single country globally.

But hey, whats the chances that even a single news agency, scientist, doctor, etc on earth is telling the truth...naa, must be a conspiracy by the lizard people and rothchilds to force 5g zoom meetings or whatever the damn conspiracy is...that makes more sense.

I mean, hell..we were all but dismissing it until we seen Italy on fire and suddenly people started dropping here.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Weaglebut having a much harder time understanding the motivation for a giant conspiracy to under-report.

Wanted to address this
China does this. Why does China do this?
Well, to keep control. A panicked population is a dangerous population
With just a hint of an issue, the stores got ram raided for meat, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, alcohol, etc.

Now, imagine if it was considered to be like 4 times worse than it was being reported....people would be in full meltdown mode. Preppers dream/nightmare scenario society. That would be extremely hard to control.

But my theory is simple...not enough testing kits means they couldn't test every new body coming in. Since they can't check that box, then they don't count it as covid related. Just another death. It seems the most likely, also the least interesting around these parts, but its probably the case.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For the record, I soo want to be wrong and with egg on my face...find out it was basically just the flu and so long as you take your Vit C, you're good to go.

I am with you lot on the hope train....but I won't be putting blinders on. I would rather have a understanding of an ugly truth than a beautiful illusion.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
or less.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Weaglebut having a much harder time understanding the motivation for a giant conspiracy to under-report.

Wanted to address this
With just a hint of an issue, the stores got ram raided for meat, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, alcohol, etc.

Now, imagine if it was considered to be like 4 times worse than it was being reported....people would be in full meltdown mode. Preppers dream/nightmare scenario society. That would be extremely hard to control.

But my theory is simple...not enough testing kits means they couldn't test every new body coming in. Since they can't check that box, then they don't count it as covid related. Just another death. It seems the most likely, also the least interesting around these parts, but its probably the case.

Ummm, this is exactly the opposite of what is actually happening. If they believe someone could have COVID-19, they are allowed to check the box even if they haven’t tested them. It’s part of the CDC guidelines. So if anyone dies from or with pneumonia or influenza, they are counted as COVID-19 deaths.

www.cdc.gov...

Ignorance isn’t an excuse when the information is freely available.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OsirianObsidian

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Wanted to address this

Ummm, this is exactly the opposite of what is actually happening. If they believe someone could have COVID-19, they are allowed to check the box even if they haven’t tested them. It’s part of the CDC guidelines. So if anyone dies from or with pneumonia or influenza, they are counted as COVID-19 deaths.

www.cdc.gov...

Ignorance isn’t an excuse when the information is freely available.

And more Good News from the CDC yesterday..

On Friday 5-1-2020, the CDC equated the Wuhan coronavirus to the seasonal flu.

The COVID-19 hospitalization rates are “similar to” those in the 65 and older category during “recent high severity influenza seasons.”

And the COVID-19 hospitalizations for children 17 and under is MUCH LOWER than the seasonal flu hospitalization rates during recent influenza seasons.

The COVID-19 is LESS DANGEROUS to children than a typical influenza.
Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, there it is.

I didn't even bother to look at the articles the OP posted, but as soon as I did, I knew that it was straight out of the Bill Gates 'How to lie with statistics' playbook.

The reason why the week that they chose was higher than normal is because most people get out and about in the sunshine around this time and flu disappears. If states were reporting accurately instead of lying to line their pockets with federal money, it would've been over by now.

Numbers without context are irrelevant. COVID-19 is a novel virus, so it always baffled me why epidemiologists were always so quick to give their opinion on it being dangerous.

It's new, so how would they know how dangerous it is? Why were they so definitive about it being this perilous disease that required everyone to completely upend their life...and why aren't they telling people the truth now it's clear that it wasn't that bad at all?

Oh, and if you want a laugh, take a look at this rubbish article:

www.buzzfeednews.com...

Apparently the 13,190 deaths from now know to be false over inflated state based statistics from the past week makes up for the total being revised down a total of 26,099 deaths (or greater, depending on what your information source is).

This is what accounts for liberal journalism today.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You speak like you already have an answer in mind to your own question you’ve put forth. It’s seems you should be the one providing proof of your claims to support your idea.

edit on 3-5-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. If everyone simply ignored the talk and demanded the numbers then transparency would be much easier to get. Multiple sources would fill the demand for a piece of the massive media market and pull the eyes from the talking heads. Also if the data didn’t all line up you would be able to see A lot easier who’s really putting out false data. Mortality rates should be straight forward and come from multiple sources already too. How can these charts posted be so exclusive we can’t find other sources? It’s a death rate! Do we really not have enough people involved in ones death that we can’t get a straight answer on this?

Numbers don’t lie. if someone is making false charts with fake numbers, you only need a few charts from other sources to see who’s playing games.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join