It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go back to work?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am in that boat, now that I am receiving unemployment from state and federal Im collecting more than my employer paid previously. I’m not complaining now that I’m able to collect benefits, but I’d prefer my old job.

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
But..... that's not how unemployment works. It has a termination date.

Working is about the future. Not the present

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes there are people making more, but this is a temporary measure. And they gave people more than normal because they wanted people to stay in. Normal unemployment is meant to motivate you to get out and get a job. The opposite of what they want right now. Lastly, stop hating.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I was JUST thinking this.....I have not worked in almost 4 years other than volunteer or temp work.....I am over 50 and spent over 30 years in the same field. My seizures keep me from doing that job, but I probably would not qualify for disability because I hate doctors and rarely follow up...I stop going after ever seizure when I used to get them monthly...anyhow, I digress...I was thinking NOW is the time to go look for a job, since I am not getting a lot of money to stay home on my arse….(I too live in shabby Arizona...only Mississippi pays less.....)
My daughter is still waiting for her unemployment check in AZ...and she filed in MARCH...she also never got her stimulus check, (I have not either....through mu husband)…..things are gonna get MUCH worse if something doesn't give soon.

originally posted by: seeker1963

It's a prime opportunity for those who have been looking for a job to snatch them right up. I told a friend of mine who was laid off and having a hard time finding something to hit the pavement hard when things start opening back up.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I do physical labor so sitting around feels unnatural. Being indoor all day feel unnatural.

Waking when then sun rises and going to bed when the sun sets feels more comfortable.

Work until your physically tired. Sleep heavier

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

That’s some BS! Is there an office you can show up to? I’d show up and make sure they straighten everything out before I leave.

My GOD I’m so happy I don’t live in Michigan. Soooooo many horror stories coming out of there.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes, I would go back to work. In fact, I never stopped, and won't unless they lock the doors.

I prefer to earn my keep, thank you. I pay for my unemployment benefits, but otherwise, I'll earn my money the old fashioned way...work, and/or lottery tickets!!

I concur Captain. It’s Saturday and I’d prefer to be working right now. My Saturdays used to be worth $1500 on average. Instead I’m sitting here on my ass and will probably start day drinking at 2.

Didn’t you hear? 2 is the new 5!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma
Normal unemployment is meant to motivate you to get out and get a job. The opposite of what they want right now. Lastly, stop hating.

You made the point yourself. THEY don’t want you to work. Pretty counterproductive.

I’m not hating on the people doing it. I’m hating on the government that created it.

As you said, this has an expiration date. So their current laziness will turn into anger and fear when the cash runs out...

This is called delaying the inevitable.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Totally unexpected...

A guy from the county sheriffs dept. stopped by last nite, handed me a badge, and ID card and swore me in as a Deputy. He said "we need more 1st responders" I told him I only had a little training when I was in the military. He said that's plenty and told me to attend the meeting Monday night. This should be interesting.....

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's been me and my other sons (mostly me) who's been propping up my son.. that and what he had saved has kept him above board. He has just started getting unemployment maybe?? He ain't working, the risks outweigh the benefits and he has a family that will tide him over.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Totally unexpected...

A guy from the county sheriffs dept. stopped by last nite, handed me a badge, and ID card and swore me in as a Deputy. He said "we need more 1st responders" I told him I only had a little training when I was in the military. He said that's plenty and told me to attend the meeting Monday night. This should be interesting.....

That’s bizarre. Did he elaborate why they need more first responders?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: olaru12
Totally unexpected...

That’s bizarre. Did he elaborate why they need more first responders?

No, that in itself I found slightly bizarre as well. They must have gotten my name off of all my speeding tickets and no seatbelt violations.

edit on 2-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join