It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go back to work?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Also, have a chick on my FB constantly squawking about reopening is going to kill people blah blah blah. She's also been yelling at people about going to Lowe's where her husband works. I finally had to ask her if she realized retail depends on the customers coming in, that they weren't paying her hubby just cause they like giving money away. She threw statistics at me as in: go if it's essential, not picking out a new bath rug, he's 600 times more likely to be infected.

Asked her how long she thinks the govt is going to pay her to stay home? What about families that can't feed their kids right now, how many are losing homes, cars and the like? No real answer, just stay out of Lowe's. I'm not sure she's as intelligent as i have always thought she was.

We all know it won't last. Those happily sitting at home sucking the checks in each week don't realize or won't believe that we WILL be paying this back. And then their low to low-ish paying jobs will pay even less. If i didn't know before all of this that intelligence is seriously lacking in this world it would be glaringly obvious after this.

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Edumakated

They are being told to panic. So what else is there to do, but panic?

People like us don’t like being told to feel one way or the other. So we are naturally dissident towards it.

Rules are either meant to be followed or broken. I’ve always veered towards to latter.

I’ve always appreciated your posts. 🍻 mate

What is crazy to me is that people can't see how illogical this shut down is...

We can go to a Wal-Mart for essential items even though a typical Wal-Mart even with all the social distancing might get a thousand or more people going in and out of the store on any given day.

On the other hand, we have to shut down the small businesses on Main Street who on a good day might get 25-50 people come through their doors in the name of social distancing.

Herding people on the exterior of the enormous buildings, so they can social distance when they enter. At Costco, they have so much over stock it’s all in the aisle ways. Barely enough room to get one cart thru. Yet we are supposed to be 6 feet apart.

Yup, makes a lot of sense.

Fortunately, many here do notice.

Unfortunately, many sheeple do not.
edit on 30-4-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I don't know about that anymore. Look at the companies that went woke and lost their behinds promoting an ideology versus a product. Gillette, Marvel comics, Naughty Dog Entertainment the list can go on.

I said from the get go when I noticed these companies purposely making decisions that would cost them $$$$$, that something BIG is coming. Here we are.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've had people tell me that they are going to stay in lockdown until there is either a vaccine or a cure and if I don't do the same I'm putting their life in danger.

I said "Good luck with that since a vaccine is at least a year off and they have never found a cure for a virus based disease.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
If I'm not mistaken, people on unemployment also have to be "actively looking for work" to continue to receive benefits (under normal circumstances). Not sure how that is verified.

They tossed out for now...not even verifying employment. How? Businesses closed, phones off. 200,000 Mich applicants.

They are just cutting checks left and right.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

You can put a vaccine in me — when I’m dead.

No way in hell I’ll accept that sh!t.

Man people are dumb...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Man people are dumb...

Dumb, no. Ignorant, yes and the people who they are relying on for information keep feeding them sensationalized male cow feces.

The Government and media are hyping testing. The only thing testing will do is determine who has been exposed. People are being mislead. The only thing that is going to reduce this is exposure. Eventually we are all going to be exposed, actually we may have already been exposed.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

EXACTLY!!!

I made a thread on March 8th that stated as much. The best thing we could have done, is chew it up and let our immune system spit it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm 60 and never left work.....

One thing I find interesting is very early on President Trump gave a date of May 1 to where we need to start getting back to work/normal.... He was roasted by everyone for that statement including Dr. Fauci and crew... It seems the President was dead on the mark...
edit on 30-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

EXACTLY!!!

I made a thread on March 8th that stated as much. The best thing we could have done, is chew it up and let our immune system spit it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well we really did need to flatten the curve since we had no idea what we were dealing with, but flattening the curve only means to prevent over whelming our medical system and nothing more. Now we need to adopt Sweden's style to build heard immunity.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As far as the restaurant business goes, there’s more anxious to go back than one would assume.

I’m still in one of the Longhorn employee FB groups even though I quit the business a couple years ago, every other day someone is posting to ask if anyone has heard anything about going back to work yet and we’re not even in season right now (Sept-March when the snowbirds come down).

The IRS only requires you to report 10% of your cash tips, so 95% of servers are diligent about reporting exactly that. When it comes time to go to unemployment and you need to show them your proof of past income, it’s a considerable amount less than what they’re actually making. Not all servers are making bank off unemployment.

One of my best friends is a bar back at a busy bar down here, he clears $1100 a week stocking beer and ice, he’s getting $875 a week from unemployment and he’s going stir crazy in his house. He was literally just telling me he’s dying for May 8th to come around as that’s the projected re-open date of his bar.

To add, most people weren’t getting unemployment right away, it took a little while to get going, so I know a ton of people are still playing catch up with bills.

That said, my bud up in Boston got a 30% pay cut and is only working a few days a week from home, with unemployment, he’s clearing about $300 more a month than he normally would. Still, he’s anxious to get back to work because he doesn’t exactly have a lot of faith that the money will keep coming in. He’s banking everything and not really spending at all right now until this is ‘over’.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

People like us don’t like being told to feel one way or the other. So we are naturally dissident towards it.

Rules are either meant to be followed or broken. I’ve always veered towards to latter.

We can go to a Wal-Mart for essential items even though a typical Wal-Mart even with all the social distancing might get a thousand or more people going in and out of the store on any given day.

On the other hand, we have to shut down the small businesses on Main Street who on a good day might get 25-50 people come through their doors in the name of social distancing.

Good Point! I think about this alot!

You can get fast food, take out, go grocery shopping. Now, the masks are all well and good, but what good is it if people can touch the things you are buying? You don’t know where their hands have been!

I’ve been working the whole time. It was mentally challenging at first because I am already ocd. We had one girl leave 😢 so Ive been taking her shifts. I work weekends, night shift, day shifts, and the extra sanitizing is exhausting. I literally pass out when I get home after a night shift and a scrubbing shower that could be compared to a nuclear plant exposed employee.

We wear masks the whole shift, some days are 9+hrs of running around. I have an even more profound respect for medical personnel who have to not only wear them, but place goodbye calls to patients family members.

Anyways, I miss feeling the air on my face and hands.

I understand the importance of not overwhelming they hospitals, but certain areas are not as condensed.

I’m in Boston, a friend of mine who is in the embalming business told me he’s taking care of 10 souls a days 😢

People on unemployment are bringing home more than I am! I am the soul provider though and just feel lucky enough to have a job!

We can’t live like this forever; this is no way to live!

Oh and screw China!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Oh and screw China!

THIS is why I like you. 🥂

Can we put Fauci, WHO, CDC, Gates, on that list too?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Even though our Gov. Michelle Lujan Grissom has told people to distance, mask and stay inside. Mostly she gets the one finger salute from the Native Americans and her largest constituency the Latino's. Poor people gonna do what poor people gotta do. It's mostly a cultural thing....

And we gringos concur. Let the chips fall where they may. Some of us have to work for a living and I'm not about to jeopardize my position by slacking off. I'm at work now, keeping the land of Enchantment, enchanted.

edit on 30-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am severely health compromised and work from home, so the other three in the house are being extra careful. One was laid off fairly early on and getting about 75% of his weekly check on unemployment. He is lucky to be receiving it as many who filed when this started, still haven't gotten a check yet.

He has not gotten the $600. yet, latest word I saw is that states with a "waiting week" like ours will not get them. If true, I'm sure there will be an uproar. We are just thankful for the regular benefit of $330./wk as he is having taxes taken out. Supposed to return May 1st but who knows.

Second person was continuing to work in warehouse and was laid off today for a week because ONE person on three shifts tested positive. Most likely the "waiting week" will kill his chance of unemployment for that week.

Third person works grocery. Some changes were made such as the six foot distance thing, but only now, four weeks in? are they required to wear a mask. When it wasn't required, no employees wore them. There has been no talk of laying anyone off here.

I don't understand seeing healthcare workers suited up from head to toe, but grocery workers with nothing. Ridiculous.

We are banking every penny, paying bills slightly early and eating until we know more.

I don't post here much but I read. My thoughts and well wishes go to all of you. We live in the theater of the absurd.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yes, I actually work more now. Unless they invent and implement a robot slave army to cover the labour required to sustain our way of life.

edit on 1/5/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can't the employer contact the local employment agency and let them know they are having difficulty in re-employing their workers? After all, under normal circumstances, employers unemployment insurance rates are affected by unemployment claims.

Unemployment is funded, and taxed, at both the federal and state level:

The Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) tax is imposed at a flat rate on the first $7,000 paid to each employee. The current FUTA tax rate is 6%, but most states receive a 5.4% “credit” reducing that to 0.6%. There is no action an employer can take to affect this rate. Some of this federal money is used for loans to states that don’t have enough in their UI trust funds to pay claims. If the loans are not repaid, the federal government raises that state’s employer tax rate.
The State Unemployment Tax Act (SUTA) tax is much more complex. Employers pay a certain tax rate (usually between 1% and 8%) on the taxable earnings of employees. In most states, that ranges from the first $10,000 to $15,000 an employee earns in a calendar year.

Here’s where it gets tricky. Each state has its own finance method and its own calculation to determine the tax rate an employer pays. You can read about that here. For the purposes of this article, know that the tax is based on the employer’s taxable payroll, the amount the employer has paid into the UI system, and unemployment claims against the employer’s account (called “benefit charges”).

This is called an experience rating, and it can go up or down over time depending on the employer’s payroll and history with unemployment claims.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In Michigan we can't even collect Unemployment. I make about $85k a year but was let go due to Covid. I have been trying since March 25th to apply with no luck. The site says my SSN and DOB do not match. No one answers the phones and no one reply's to email. So to test my SSN and DOB, I did my taxes and owed the state a few hundred dollars. With my same SSN and DOB I paid my taxes and it worked just fine.

I have a savings and I am chewing through that but come June I wont be paying rent anymore. Until I can go back to work or collect unemployment, I am going save what I have left and just tell my landlord he has the wrong SSN and DOB and I can't pay him .

My theory is our Witless Governor ran SSN's against voter roles and flagged anyone who is not in the right party and we get the error. I guarantee before long, someone is going to go clock tower for not being able to feed their family.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Michigan here and someone is already collecting unemployment under my name. Filed paperwork but back to work, Don't expect the $1900 owed up till now.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yes, I would go back to work. In fact, I never stopped, and won't unless they lock the doors.

I prefer to earn my keep, thank you. I pay for my unemployment benefits, but otherwise, I'll earn my money the old fashioned way...work, and/or lottery tickets!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join