It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go back to work?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I've been saying this all along. My family thinks I'm heartless and don't care about stopping the spread of covid19 and just care about big business. I asked them who is hurting more right now? Big corporations or small business? This is a mere hiccup for big business. Small businesses will die and the big corporations will absorb everything. Eventually this will make big companies stronger with less competition. People that used to own small companies will be forced to go to work for the big corporations. They all just look at me and shake their heads and say I care more about money than saving people's lives.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I just said a little prayer to Cthulhu for you.

Please let there be a shiftless worker on duty, disinfecting the airplane cabins ATS's best-known mason will use, in his business travels.

McSockFace just cursed three times into the mirror and spun around to seal the deal.

It's good you're back.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Keep doing this and don't let yourself forget how much you want it, no matter how hard it is. Most companies aren't worth working for and they will never compensate you fairly for the time they steal.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yeah.. That whole "we are just showing we love life more than money!" thing is grating. Especially considering the actions, and consequences of those actions, are doing just the opposite. Corporate technofascists told em how to think though, so there ya go.

"Ironically," small businesses can much more easily attain many of the "social mitigation" guidelines than any large business or corporation.

Honestly, I think we could be looking at a renaissance of small/medium businesses.. If corporations, their government lackeys, and programmed people would get out of the way, at the very least. Plenty could be done to even encourage it, all while appeasing those in a Primal Panic more than a massive corporation ever could. Well, maybe with the exception of being told whats acceptable on the news, with socially blackmailing folks on social media, etc.

I think thats the biggest situation to manage right there: the Primal Panic Pandemonium.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Every major corporation cares more about money than saving lives. Bill Gates runs his mouth but all his stuff is made by slave labor with total disregard for human rights and the environment. And today Obama out playing golf. Who is maintaining the course, driving his cart, providing his security. Does Obama care more about golf than saving lives. Apparently he does.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We actually had a few try to get the unemployment by saying they were scared to come in. Area manager said 'awww ok, well, take your vacay, your personal time and the rest, if you still feel unsafe will be unpaid time off, we understand!' All of them still showing up for work. These are people that make $35 an hour and realized they could make the same paycheck by sitting at home (would be around 900 a week). They actually tried to talk all of us into not going in, citing 'they can't fire us all!'

So, it's not just people in low paying jobs that are taking advantage! I'm in nuclear fuel manufacturing, so we're deemed essential, there was never a question. No extra 'hero' pay or anything. Just more overtime in case everyone gets sick so production isn't behind!

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I’ll go live as a bum on the beach before I’ll go work for a mega corporation. Been there, done that.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anynamedangit

There you go, I guess even skilled tradesman can be lazy asses.

Me personally, I’d prefer to work. I’m going Bat sh!t crazy. Pun intended

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Believe it or not, there are millions of people who lost jobs that either aren't eligible or will probably be waiting for months to even start getting their benefits. The lazy people will lose their jobs to those people... then the lazy people will complain that illegal immigrants supposedly took their jobs. That'll be $5 please.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Yeah the primal panic is real. As I said a lot of my family have fallen for it. My partner and I just mostly keep our mouths closed when the subject comes up in conversation. My partner is a nurse and I'm a retired x-ray tech. But hey, what do we know? All our years in the medical field mean nothing because "people are dying!"

I was on the phone with my mom last night and she was almost livid, screaming about how some people cared more about money. I reminded her that people had to pay bills. They aren't being greedy. They need to work to survive. it fell on deaf ears. My nephew is the same, although I understand his fear slightly more. His son is type 1 diabetic so I understand their need to keep him quarantined for his own safety. I did remind my mom that my nephew will need his companies health insurance in order to keep insulin available. That stopped her in her tracks for a few seconds. What happens when insurance runs out? Even the big companies will cut off benefits at some point.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Absolutely! The big corporations are all about money. But as I said, this is a mere hiccup for them. They know in the long run they will gain more than they lose if the small businesses fail.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A smart guy would be applying for an LLC and opening up a temp. agency. That's what most employers will be wanting.
Because people will still be getting the batflu for years.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yup, I went to the grocery store with my father the other day. They were herding all of us outside the store. One person had to leave before one person could go in. I muddled something under my breath to my father, about the ridiculousness of it. A woman standing in front of us turned around and said “I’m happy they’re taking all these extra measures”.

My reply was “Good for you. You must be retired, over 70, with pre existing medical conditions”.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, my hubby is like that. He's on a week vacay with me because we're on a planned maintenance shutdown. Im ok with being home. Hubby, i keep telling him to just go back to work...lol. But on the flipside i wouldn't want to be living off the govt. I'll take my week unpaid and get back to it Sunday night.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Yup, I went to the grocery store with my father the other day. They were herding all of us outside the store. One person had to leave before one person could go in. I muddled something under my breath to my father, about the ridiculousness of it. A woman standing in front of us turned around and said “I’m happy they’re taking all these extra measures”.

My reply was “Good for you. You must be retired, over 70, with pre existing medical conditions”.

The vast majority of people don't understand statistics... they just read a headline and panic. The media and politicians provide no context as it isn't in their best interest to do so.

This is mass hysteria on an unprecedented level. I guarantee 50 years from now when historians look back there will be Harvard Business Review cases on how the entire world panicked over this and it was uncalled for.

My own wife is freaked out over this and no amount of logic / math / facts, etc will get her to chill the fudge out. She is taken an immune suppressant drug but is in otherwise athletic shape (she can still wear a string bikini in her 40s and look good in it).

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I have preexisting medical conditions that probably make me susceptible but I refuse to live in fear. I take reasonable precautions. My mother is in her late 70's so I understand her fear. I set up an online account for her at her local grocery store. I live over 600 miles away so I can't do her shopping for her in person. She calls me and reads off her list. I enter it in for her because she doesn't do well with computers. She can still drive so I set a pick up time for her. She drives to the store and they load everything in the car for her. Shopping done. Even if everyone wasn't going crazy right now, I think it's the best option for her. She doesn't need to struggle to get her shopping done. Walking around with a cane for an hour in the store is difficult for her. Now, all she has to do is drive to the store, drive home and bring the groceries in.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No state is going to allow anyone to collect $41K a year. There are limits to both this virus and how many months a person can collect unemployment.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They are being told to panic. So what else is there to do, but panic?

People like us don’t like being told to feel one way or the other. So we are naturally dissident towards it.

Rules are either meant to be followed or broken. I’ve always veered towards to latter.

I’ve always appreciated your posts. 🍻 mate

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

No state is going to allow anyone to collect $41K a year. There are limits to both this virus and how many months a person can collect unemployment.

When the wages do run out, look for a thread from me and everyone else, in the ‘Social Issues and Civil Unrest’ forum.

People will be pissed. The anger is just festering and growing right now. And they are all being paid....

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Edumakated

They are being told to panic. So what else is there to do, but panic?

People like us don’t like being told to feel one way or the other. So we are naturally dissident towards it.

Rules are either meant to be followed or broken. I’ve always veered towards to latter.

I’ve always appreciated your posts. 🍻 mate

What is crazy to me is that people can't see how illogical this shut down is...

We can go to a Wal-Mart for essential items even though a typical Wal-Mart even with all the social distancing might get a thousand or more people going in and out of the store on any given day.

On the other hand, we have to shut down the small businesses on Main Street who on a good day might get 25-50 people come through their doors in the name of social distancing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join