It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the future of the world after COVID 19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: The2Billies

A few 100 million souls possibly pondered a similar question 100 years ago whilst the Spanish Flu was doing the rounds.

The answer is no different now than it was back then, same crap slightly different wrapping paper will be the colour of the day.

Ummm...correct...

However...

We are probably going to witness in real time...the collapse of nations as their economies implode...and the inevitable wars that will result from their demise...

So...yes...different...and still...”the song remains the same”...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Aye, the drumbeat remains the same even if the scream of the lyrics change from time to time.

Nothing new with nations collapsing all the same, take the Roman or the Ottoman Empire for instance.

Change is inevitable as is the rise and fall of our respective societies as history clearly illustrates.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: JIMC5499

Its an expensive prospect to consider at the best of times nevermind right now, child care that is.

I imagine it will be a growth industry as long as our respective population's increase and i don't see that changing any time soon, think how many weans are going to be born in about 8 months' time?

With modern birth control, and easy/cheap abortion, not as many as you would think.

WHAT child care? In our town all child care has been shut down through fall. The new laws regarding child care make it so the child care facilities pay more to do child care, than they can make having child care. So they just all shut down.

That means lots of children will be "secretly" left at home while Mom and Dad work since businesses have reopened.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I don't see any of that happening in the long term. We are a tribal and sociable species. Look what happened the moment the beaches opened up in Florida. Hundreds and thousands flocked there. People are still gathering in large groups much to the chagrin of the media and the would be dictators we call governors.

You aren't going to stop people from gathering. It's who we are as a species.

Not in Norway. Nordic societies prove this thesis wrong.

www.boredpanda.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

A few 100 million souls possibly pondered a similar question 100 years ago whilst the Spanish Flu was doing the rounds.

The answer is no different now than it was back then, same crap slightly different wrapping paper will be the colour of the day.

There were no people telling others that if they did not like lockdowns they should just die and be denied healthcare, as is a quite common sentiment on ATS and all other social media.

Ummm...methinks you have that bass-ackwards...

The general consensus among the major ATS clique...is that those who espouse human dignity and compassion for their fellow human beings...by not wishing to spread contagion...are browbeaten as losers who just want to suck off the teat of .gov...
See...it’s not an argument about safety over rights...it’s quite the opposite...the echo chamber here...is all about...
My rights trump yours cause My freedoms have been curtailed just because you loser people that have at risk conditions...want to live...and breathe...

That’s the resonance from the ATS echo chamber...that’s the message...
I’ve read it here every day...since this whole sad affair began...

I really can’t comment on other social media...cause ATS is the only social media I can stomach...

That’s my opinion naturally...from my daily observations here...

I’m damned tired of reading here...that because I have asthma...and environmental allergies...and high blood pressure...that it’s all good...just thinning the herd...

People who I formally used to respect...

Gotta love how a crises brings out the true...”man behind the mask”...

But that’s life now...that’s the real grim reality...

I raise a glass to my overly simplistic former self...who actually did consider any and all of you...friend...

That imaginary world is dead...now I see you in all your naked glory...and the only emotion that remains is a sorrow down there in the pit of my stomach...an ache really...

And these words will change nothing...

Cause no amount of compassion I ever felt for any of you...ever made it beyond the soft pressure of my fingers on these small windows on my keyboard...

It’s all good though...that old saying about...when the chips are down...and getting to see what someone is made of...was never more apt...

Again...just my observations...just my opinions...whose worth is fleeting and ultimately only benefits self reflection...

Sorry to have stolen from your OP and mini-ranted...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well, they need to do something to keep themselves occupied and replace the pensioners that Covid takes out the game, my bet is that will be a lot of humping.

We cannot remain in lockdown forever The2Billies, at some point once the virus has run its course, just like any other, people are going to want to return to some kind of semblance of normality.

It probably does mean a lot of children will be secretly left at home whilst their parents return to work or until the child care facilities reopen if we are honest, but needs must, and kids need to eat nevermind have a roof over there heads else childhood can be somewhat of a complicated affair, and that's putting it mildly.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Aye, the drumbeat remains the same even if the scream of the lyrics change from time to time.

Nothing new with nations collapsing all the same, take the Roman or the Ottoman Empire for instance.

Change is inevitable as is the rise and fall of our respective societies as history clearly illustrates.

Ummm...I know...thank GOD...that those previous incarnations of empire...didn’t have the exquisite methods of mass destruction we have...at the press of a button...or the turn of a key...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Spacespider
People will get to know their family better, that is my prediction.

Ummm...so your saying...more divorce...more domestic violence...more pedophilia...more homicide...more suicide...

I think that about checks everything off the list...right...?

Cause long term isolation in small group settings...will always bring out the true inner character...

Be advised...these are only my personal observations on human nature...

I’ve observed that when it comes down to survival...territorial fight/flight will be the norm...in your face...literally...

See...it’s really nice and quaint to imagine the lion laying down with the lambs...but realism...is a whole other ball of wax...

Not prescience...only logic...and opinion of course...

YouSir

Yes, you will get to know your family better

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As America will not be funding the world's Police force I see a lot of closed bases around the world, a lot more regional fighting / wars.

A lot less travelling around the world for business and tourism, hopefully a lots less Chinese spread infections of low price crappy pollution & poison.

As the world police suffer the criminals well be come more organised and decent individuals will need to either defend themselves or help defend their neighbourhoods - Chicago on a very bad weekend level everyday.

Race will become an issue as it already has - there will be More perceived injustices that are used to stir trouble. No all "insert colour choice" carry a race card, but a some aren't afraid to make one for an advantage.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The ancient Hindus or whoever was about before might have already played around with sophisticated methods of mass destruction.

We might not have been the first or the last to master or relearn the art of atomics.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
People will get to know their family better, that is my prediction.

the 'Family' I take it to mean spouses/sons/daughters... one might also include Relatives & In-Laws, too

the 2nd cousin might be the limit of trusting and acceptable blood-line familiarity... up to certain intimacy limits
(is that too sensitive an issue for the Mods ? )

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Unless this turns out worse than it is so far...I mean apocalyptic level of grief, this will be forgotten when it's over.

Humans recover from things like this. We've had plaques worse than this and humans have recovered and carried on.

We should take lessons from this so the next time will be easier. Prepare now for the next one.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Unless this turns out worse than it is so far...I mean apocalyptic level of grief, this will be forgotten when it's over.

Humans recover from things like this. We've had plaques worse than this and humans have recovered and carried on.

We should take lessons from this so the next time will be easier. Prepare now for the next one.

imo, the bat flu doesn't even enter into the equation. However the economic collapse that looms ahead will usher in a mini apolyplse that will make the '29' depression look like a sunday school picnic.

Hungry, desperate people will resort to anything it takes to "keep it together" even terrible bloody violence.

9 meals from Anarchy!! google it....

I've made plans to GTFO of the US if it gets to ganrly....
edit on 30-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

imo, the bat flu doesn't even enter into the equation. However the economic collapse that looms ahead will usher in a mini apolyplse that will make the '29' depression look like a sunday school picnic.

Maybe, but not necessarily. I certainly hope not. When or if this gets over there can be a supercharged economic growth that may be able to counter the bad effects of this downturn since this is not a real economic downturn from anything integral to the system.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Unfortunately experts are saying that this won't be over until after 2022.

Which would necessitate the changes in my OP.

www.bloomberg.com... report from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota

The coronavirus pandemic is likely to last as long as two years and won’t be controlled until about two-thirds of the world’s population is immune, a group of experts said in a report. Because of its ability to spread from people who don’t appear to be ill, the virus may be harder to control than influenza

the coronavirus pandemic is likely to continue in waves that could last beyond 2022, the authors said.

Especially with the extreme difficulty of making a vaccine for what is basically a cold virus. Coronavirus is in the cold virus family and despite many efforts to make tons of money by making a vaccine, no one has ever been successful in doing so.

Note: That means Michigan, California and New York will probably remain locked down and have little economic activity until 2022, or their governors are booted out of office by an angry citizenry.

edit on 5/1/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It probably does mean a lot of children will be secretly left at home whilst their parents return to work or until the child care facilities reopen if we are honest, but needs must, and kids need to eat nevermind have a roof over there heads else childhood can be somewhat of a complicated affair, and that's putting it mildly.

Problem is, in most states it is illegal to leave children at home alone. So if the secret gets out and children are horrid at keeping secrets. Many children will be removed by the state from their families for leaving the children alone while they go to work.

Since all child care is shut down in my town of 500K for the entire summer due to COVID 19 regulations.

edit on 5/1/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
The general consensus among the major ATS clique...is that those who espouse human dignity and compassion for their fellow human beings...by not wishing to spread contagion...are browbeaten as losers who just want to suck off the teat of .gov...

If by 'compassion' you mean the desire to force everyone else at gunpoint to join you in your delusional fear induced cowering-in-place isolationism, sure.

See...it’s not an argument about safety over rights.

Yes. It is. The problem is your failure to comprehend that the 'you loser people' attitude you have encountered is not directed at anyone who simply has a weakened/compromised immune system/state of health, it is only directed at those of you who have at risk conditions but are not willing to accept personal responsibility for your own condition.

it’s quite the opposite...the echo chamber here...is all about...
My rights trump yours cause My freedoms have been curtailed just because you loser people that have at risk conditions...want to live...and breathe...

If you want to live and breath, and believe that the best way to keep that happening is to 'shelter-in-place', then by all means do so.

In fact, that is what I would do (to an extent) if I was at high risk - and, in fact, that is what I encouraged - in fact, begged - my parents to do during this madness.

The problem - your problem - is, you seem to believe that you should be able to force everyone else to act like we all are in the high risk group just because you are is why you get hammered as anti-freedom government loving teat suckers.

I’m damned tired of reading here...that because I have asthma...and environmental allergies...and high blood pressure...that it’s all good...just thinning the herd...

No one has said that 'its all good'. I myself have used the words 'culling the herd' or something like that, but only in the sense that - that is precisely what it is, from the standpoint of nature and natures reality. In situations like this, it is the weak that suffer the worst and/or die - and if you have asthma and a host of other pre-existing conditions, then yes, that means you are among 'the weak' in this context. This has nothing to do with character, it is a physical reality of your immune system and state of health.

Suck it up, buttercup, it is called dealing with reality.

Gotta love how a crises brings out the true...”man behind the mask”...

I agree - all of the people who I used to believe were true freedom lovers have revealed their true, inner fascist natures during this non-pandemic.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Unfortunately experts are saying that this won't be over until after 2022.

Snipped everything else, because, in essence, I believe that is is precisely this attitude that will be the cause of their downfall...

A new era of freedom is upon us, if we are willing to stand up and usher it in.

All we have to do is stand up to the medical mafia (these experts), and say 'NO MORE'.

Learn how to achieve true vital health, and stop living in fear of microbes that are a natural part of our lives, that we can never, ever avoid or be rid of.

Destroy forever the legacy of Pasteuer, and start remembering Bechamp, Rife and the countless others, and even come up with safe and effective ways of treating serious diseases (like Cancer) whenever it occurs because someone was not diligent in their personal health efforts or was exposed to something nasty somewhere.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

That might be true if this were just some normal 'pandemic' - but all signs point to this being a massive psy-op designed to bring down our Constitutional Republic, and turn it into a dystopian nightmare.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The legality of it may be somewhat here nor there as people need to work to feed their families nevermind pay the rent.

As to the kid's predicament, that's working under the premise that the social work departments would also be back to work.

Cant investigate nor remove children without the staff.

Fact is a lot of things will go unmissed or unnoticed in times such as this where manpower and resources are stretched to the limit.

People will get by as best they can.
edit on 1-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join