It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating meat IMPROVES mental health and one in three vegetarians are depressed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes zeed. Let's forgo all science and just end the discussion because "teeth sharp"... Most humans evolved with short lifespans so there is a lot of unknowns involved. If it were so cut and dry from your perspective then there would be nothing but old decaying unhealthy vegans who stayed on the vegan diet for long term.

Except there are thousands that show otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Its undeniable that brain size and consumption of cooked meat correlated perfectly as a species.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i spent 8 years as a vegetarian, but eventually had to start eating meat again because i started to feel like my brain was losing weight, like some oils or something was missing.

Still try to have a vegetarian day once a week, this seems to be working for me because i feel healthy.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Waiter: Sir, how would you like your steak tonight?

Me: I like it rare. Just knock it's horns off and wipe it's ass...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That reminded me of something, when i took that first bite of meat after those 8 years, it got me high, a strong rush happened, it still happens if i eat raw fresh seal or salmon.
edit on 29-4-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
I would be depressed as well if I couldnt have bacon anymore. Like what person puts self toture on themselves to not be able to have bacon. I don't know if people understand how good bacon is.

When my kids were small, "bacon restriction" was corporal punishment. All I had to do was mention it and whatever they were doing they straightened right up.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Steaks and Bacon are not luxuries. Why would they be luxuries as opposed to other meaths? Steaks and bacon are the essence of life and I eat as much of both as I can. High protein is good for you.

I'm basically a vegetarian. Not because of any cause, really. Just don't really like eating meat.

But about once a month Ill break the fast, and what do I eat? ….Either steak or bacon of course.

They are indeed luxuries.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

When my kids were small, "bacon restriction" was corporal punishment. All I had to do was mention it and whatever they were doing they straightened right up.

I would have been valedictorian if my parents did that to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just can't eat meat that's beyond disgusting. It's a dead body. A corpse. I'm just not a carrion feeder

For my feeling there's not that much difference to cannibalism, the biological machine is basically the same blood and muscles and fat.

And the connection it might have with depression is probably because of more empathy and sensitivity.

And don't get me wrong I got no problem with killing given the right circumstances. It's just the dead body packed in foil, the smell, the texture

edit on 29-4-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It sounds like the thought of it makes you a tad anxious.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

No just disgusted.

I could cut your leg off or your liver out, no problem. But I wouldn't eat it.
edit on 29-4-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: ketsuko

So in other words this is anti-vegan pro-meat clickbait? Ill be looking into this more and im trying to find who funded this study as industry funded studys are far too common in the meat vs veggies debate.

Ummm ... no. This is more that people who are already mentally unstable gravitate toward, not that everyone who is one is mentally unstable.

I had a housemate in college who was pescatarian, and she was doing it for health reasons because she was a fitness nut. She wasn't the evangelical, obnoxious type. Actually, most of the vegetarians I've met seem reasonable for the most part. I think the really unbalanced ones trend toward veganism and then try to control others around them as much as they can.

I think the key is how much they're in it for control purposes -- controlling themselves and by extension controlling others. A prime example I could think of would be the lady who was in a tiny Creole cafe we ate it loudly berating the waitress because nothing was vegan. It wasn't enough that she could complain. She had to make her complaints heard to every single other patron there, and the had to go through every item on the menu and explain why it wasn't vegan.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ummm...well...if all you had to eat was some lawn clippings and old tree bark...then...you and your taste buds might just contemplate...a better diet on the other side of the veil as well...

I’ve personally noticed that vegans are just not happy campers either...always uptight...and flatulent...
Grazing like a herd animal...when their brains and body are screaming...for that perfect ribeye...

So...there is that...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: underpass61

No just disgusted.

I could cut your leg off or your liver out, no problem. But I wouldn't eat it.

Ummm...not even with a side of fava beans...?

And Chianti...?

YouSir
edit on 29-4-2020 by YouSir because: I have the power...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And the connection it might have with depression is probably because of more empathy and sensitivity.

Not to mention virtue signalling prigs who consider themselves morally superior. It's boorish behavior. Fact is, nobody cares what you eat.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What it does seem to suggest is that people who are mentally unstable to begin with are drawn to the selective diets for whatever reason. In other words, a mentally unstable person seems more likely to identify as vegan or vegetarian and then adopt that diet.

That explains a lot regarding most of the super selfish people I've encountered in life.

I felt for a long time there was something different when it came to vegetarians and vegans. A not good thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
I'm basically a vegetarian. Not because of any cause, really. Just don't really like eating meat.

But about once a month Ill break the fast, and what do I eat? ….Either steak or bacon of course.

They are indeed luxuries.

No, they are an essential.

If not, we would still be cave dwellers.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: ketsuko

So in other words this is anti-vegan pro-meat clickbait? Ill be looking into this more and im trying to find who funded this study as industry funded studys are far too common in the meat vs veggies debate.

Welcome to ATS. Let's all complain ad nauseam about how the veggie folk are the real complainers!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But it's the topic, in this thread and in general it matters. Not a moral issue necessarily but in matters of health, buy local, sustainability, the environment...

You'd have to be really thick if you think your decisions where you buy what don't matter. Or you grow all your food yourself only then is it really nobodies business.
Ha literally.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: ketsuko
What it does seem to suggest is that people who are mentally unstable to begin with are drawn to the selective diets for whatever reason. In other words, a mentally unstable person seems more likely to identify as vegan or vegetarian and then adopt that diet.

That explains a lot regarding most of the super selfish people I've encountered in life.

I felt for a long time there was something different when it came to vegetarians and vegans. A not good thing.

It explains alot because you're making assumptions. Who sees all vegans or all meat-eaters as a particular personality, IQ, or morals? Morons do...
edit on 30-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join