It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is, "the Christ story is all about love and forgiveness" [a continued discussion]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

There were plenty of miracle-doing saviors before and after jesus' time. Exactly like christ's story ? Im not sure, but christ is only considered special because of the bible and the spread of christianity.

Muhammad also did miracles and was a prophet of God. It's all about what beliefs survived the process of time. Often surviving through violence and opression.

Plus, if jesus' message is just "love others" then why not get rid of much of the bible?

Im down if the message is just "love others", but it's not.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: blueman12

Really, care to show me something similar to the Christ story
Try zeitgeist, it’s your go to reference but an embarrassment to anyone who has studied history
I have been doing this dance for a long time on ats

As for the message, Jesus was very clear, love others, it’s that simple

All the different denominations know the simple message, love others

People are different, it’s as expected, Jesus taught one message, loving others was loving Him

Which history did you study? The version Christianity wants you to believe! As mentioned, religion has destroyed anything they found that would dispute their version.

Does Horus ring a bell! The 10 commandments taken from the Book of the Dead. The great flood almost a verbatim copy of what is written in the Epic of Gilgamesh, etc. etc. etc. Why is it the word of god is similar to other words of gods prior?

DaCook
edit on 30-4-2020 by DaCook because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DaCook

Horus rings a bell about what exactly, am I supposed to know, care?, care to elaborate, be specific, due your due diligence, there be reefs
Horus does ring a bell, some weird people think they know something special till they do research and find out they were wrong about Horus.
Please share your beliefs about Horus with me

Why similar stories you ask pre Abrahamic history, isn’t it obvious?
I am going to guess the reason Hebrew history was similar to the Chaldeans history, Abraham’s origins, like all humanities history, it was the same. Abraham is traced back in biblical genealogy 10 generations to Noah. remember Abraham came from Noah.
Though Abraham came from Chaldea, he was in Noah’s lineage
“The Bible narrates the story of Abraham who in the beginning was called Abram that comes from the Hebrew grammatic roots Ab which means father and Ram that means high or exalted. Abraham was son of Terah. The tenth descendant of Noah and his son, as well of Shem and brother of Nacor and Haran.”
So be pretty stupid if they didn’t have a flood story
history-biography.com...

Love your zeitgeist
“And as far as the Ten Commandments, they are taken outright from Spell 125 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. What the Book of the Dead phrased “I have not stolen” became “Thou shall not steal,” “I have not killed” became “Thou shall not kill,” “I have not told lies” became “Thou shall not bare false witness” and so forth.

The passage in the Book of the Dead that Zeitgeist is referring to is called “the Declaration of Innocence.” As far as the quotes from the Book go, they are accurate. But the film is making a huge logical fallacy. It is arguing that because killing and stealing are both condemned in both the Book of the Dead and in the Ten Commandments that therefore Moses must have copied it. But any civilization would prohibit anything as basic as murder and theft.”

Do better than zeitgeist please
explanationblog.wordpress.com...

Seems like it’s raining Gnostics around here, what website did you all come from?
Surely your gnostic club should explain zeitgeist is not valid reference material

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Sorry blue, no explanations, no references, just an opinion based on diatribe.

Mum dad or school buddies told you something and you believed it, I need more than your beliefs

What miracle doing saviours were there before?
Christ was considered special and then they wrote the letters and stories about Him, it became the bible so no, the bible didn’t come first. To think that way is silly.

The Mohamed story did survive, you saying it didn’t? Strange, I know of it, it brought violence and oppression, it is a religion of violence and oppression. Promises wealth and subjugation for non Muslims. Was a religion that fought for trade routes, power, global domination, still does

You say they got rid of the bible or parts of, what exactly? Why did they, do you know what you are talking about? How do you know they did, if they did then how would you know?
As I understand, many letters were lost and to great detriment.

Jesus never taught war, death to others, violence or wealth, christianity is a turn the other cheek faith.
Yes, many add to the teachings of Jesus, many churches have advocated war and violence but, Jesus always taught to love and forgive. Self sacrifice, Jesus lead the way.
That much is obvious I believe

I see a lot of words and opinion you have offered but nothing substantial , assumption, hearsay and innuendo

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The bible also brought violence and opression. Versus in it that support anti homosexuality, slavery, stoning of witches, and opression of non believers.

Jesus' story was alright but the problem is the bible. The bible has too much nonsense in it. Christianity is not a religion of turn ths other cheek. Look at its vast history.

Christianity is greatly flawed. And it's because of these terrible holy books. You look at Muhammad and the quran amd say bad things about it. Lok at the bible with that criticism.

The bible has so much hate in it.

edit on 1-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ok blue, I get your problem
The bible is made of two books both representing a different faith

Old Testament is Judaism and Mosaic law
New Testament, Jesus, christianity and “love only”

You like most people are confusing both of them and putting them together as one
Jesus, the New Testament is love and forgive

The Old Testament is the rules for Jews, Hebrews, whatever you want to call them

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join