It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacterium bullet may have been dodged...

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Locusts in Africa.
Coronavirus circles the globe.
And now a bacterium [Ralstonia solanacearum race 3 biovar 2 (RS r3b2)] that could have destroyed food crops.
Hopefully it has been thwarted.

And let's hope some other plant doesn't find it's way to this country.
Guatemalan bacteria infecting Michigan geraniums

A bacteria that attacks geraniums at first has been found in greenhouses across Michigan. This bacteria will also spread to more important food crops.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has identified Ralstonia solanacearum race 3 biovar 2 (RS r3b2) in a geranium plant in a commercial greenhouse in Michigan. The Ralstonia bacteria came into the United States on geranium cuttings from Guatemala. The bacteria can jump from geraniums to infect several important food crops, including potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplants.

Greenhouses have to remove the plants and send them to a special landfill where they are buried at least six feet under the ground. 41 greenhouses in Michigan and 288 greenhouses across the U.S. received the diseased geraniums.

www.clickondetroit.com...
portal.nifa.usda.gov... thogen.html
plantpath.ifas.ufl.edu...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

infect several important food crops, including potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplants.

The Irish genetics in me just pushed out a bead of sweat.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I can believe that.
And tomatoes!?!?!!

Don't mess with my BLTs!

I just hope they catch all of it.
I mean....doesn't this affect plants in Central America?
How are we not hearing about that???

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm not one of those guys who walks around in a robe and wearing a sandwich board that says THE END IS COMING, however ... I do seem to remember something about wars, rumors of wars, famines, pestilences, earthquakes, and the members of a man's household being his worst enemies.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Noooooo. It attacks potato plants. That is one of my favorite foods.

How am I supposed to make pasties or mashed potatoes and gravy with no potatoes.

edit on 28-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
And geranium salad just isn't the same without geraniums.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Isn't world trade and open borders great! How many times have we heard of something like Lettuces (or other grown products) being recalled because they were fertilized using human feces or were contaminated by whatever !

On an international flight if we had to divert the biggest hassle and the most time consuming was how was the leftover food to be disposed of. The airlines play the game because they do not want to be fined a zillion dollars for each uneaten bite of food.

I wonder how much the world is going to change after the Wuhan flu "Oh sorry China" I mean COVID-19 dies down ? There is nothing wrong with Self sufficiency for a person or a country IMO. AT least have everyone reading off the same sheet of music if we are going to trade.

A couple of years ago it was the Banana blight that threatened Bananas all over the world.... I guess it is just the price we should expect to pay... Glad they caught this before it really got out of hand and decimated what many eat on a daily basis. .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
A lot of germ warfare going on coincidently

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No nightshades for me as of five years ago, but I would totally feel sad for those who can eat them except I cant give up the tobacco. a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Canada had a weird exchange with the Phillipines over some Sea-Cans of garbage that they sent back to Canada...was this a Proactive attempt to seed a Country with a bio-agent designed to cripple crop production?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
Interesting !!!!
I didn't notice all the plants are in the nightshade family!

Wonder the connection between them and geraniums?

edit on Wed Apr 29 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
No nightshades for me as of five years ago, but I would totally feel sad for those who can eat them except I cant give up the tobacco. a reply to: rickymouse

I have problems with tomatoes, can eat them no more than one meal a week, and with egg plant. I can eat a little bit of hot sauce and quite a bit of potatoes. But I have found if I eat too much potatoes I get sore muscles so I don't like to eat more than four meals a week with potatoes. If we make a roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, we usually have leftovers reheated the next day. I have more problems with store bought breads than with potatoes.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yes when I decided give give up nightshades I was eating a Irish Indonesian diet of all nightshades 3 three times a day. Burning skin swollen joint aches in muscles. Second to last to give up was my beloved chillies. First was tomatoes then potatoes still cant stop tobacco but doest effect my skin. Even a tiny bit of nightshades and my skin burns only on my face and head. Have been gluten free for 20 years for same reactions and more.
reply to: rickymouse

edit on 29-4-2020 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Yes when I decided give give up nightshades I was eating a Irish Indonesian diet of all nightshades 3 three times a day. Burning skin swollen joint aches in muscles. Second to last to give up was my beloved chillies. First was tomatoes then potatoes still cant stop tobacco but doest effect my skin. Even a tiny bit of nightshades and my skin burns only on my face and head. Have been gluten free for 20 years for same reactions and more.
reply to: rickymouse

Your immune system must have identified night shades as a pathogen and built antigens against the species. People who consume peanuts with bacteria on them and get sick from the toxins of the bacteria can actually have the reaction to the peanuts when they eat them. That happened a lot when that guy was selling peanuts that were moldy to many food manufacturers a while back. He went to prison and Trump actually pardoned him after about three years or so in prison. Lots of people got peanut allergies from this one peanut processor. The people who got sick were just a small part of people who got their immune system triggered

top topics

join