It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2100-year-old Gaul Skeleton Found Under Geneva Cathedral.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

A skeleton of a Gaul more than 2100 years old was discovered under Geneva's cathedral and is believed to be that of military or religious dignitary from the Allobroges tribe, the Swiss press reported today.

The body of a man aged about 45, buried around 120 BC, was found some 10m underneath the church's choir, the weekly Le Matin said.

Only the legs, pelvis, arms and half of the lower spinal cord have been exposed, as the rest of the body was covered by rocks that were difficult to move.

"I would not be surprised if it is the remains of a great military leader," said Charles Bonnet, the archaeologist who made the discovery, who is known for having found the statues of the black pharaohs in Sudan in 2003.

Source

I'm looking for more info. Sounds interesting though.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
maybe he'll be holding the....uuuhh....geeze whats it called again...im having a brain freeze... it has something to do with a golden cup or something...uuummm... not the oracle thing... not the missing link...uummm...i cant think of it, any thoughts? it was something that had to do with jesus or something or mary or something like the holy bloodline, im sorry im athiest.

[edit on 3/13/2005 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
maybe he'll be holding the....uuuhh....geeze whats it called again...im having a brain freeze... it has something to do with a golden cup or something...uuummm... not the oracle thing... not the missing link...uummm...i cant think of it, any thoughts? it was something that had to do with jesus or something or mary or something like the holy bloodline, im sorry im athiest.
[edit on 3/13/2005 by Schmidt1989]

Holy Grail? And if that's is what you were trying to remember, can you explain the relavancy of this, to the article?

Thanks for the post, sanctum..I love hearing about old things being unearthed. Though I do wish that people on these projects would host their own websites, and post details, rather then depending on just the media for news about things like this. GACK!.

-VW

p.s. I'm agnostic.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by VisionWithin]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
yeah i meant the holy grail, and he was burried under a church, how often do you find someone burried under a church?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
yeah i meant the holy grail, and he was burried under a church, how often do you find someone burried under a church?

It's not particularly unusual. Usually people of "state", religious leaders, and the odd individual or two.

This particular find seems odd though. The article implies several things about the skeleton's history, but doesn't go into any of them. Either they JUST found this skeleton, and haven’t done any due diligence yet, or it's a complete mystery.

-VW

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
2100 years ago places the body as pre christian. The church is probably built on an pre-existing religious site.

No Grail...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
oh darn, oh well... i didnt know it was unusal to bury someone, i once went to a church in england that was 1000 years old. you couldntr even read the tombstones

new topics

top topics

join