It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect more FEAR...more PANIC!! EXPECT...MOAR!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I went to the large gas station today without a mask. We were "ordered" to wear them but I said screw it even with two police at the front doors. They weren't wearing them either so it was a good assumption they were not enforcing it.

It is time to end this now. I'm in excellent shape, workout, run. Almost nobody is impacted by this that is strong. I should not be subjected to the same rules as obese, elderly and those with other issues. Let people take risks if they want. Mine is extremely low. Not worried about it anymore than a plane flight.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just them announcing it on the news will cause the shortage for sure. Like with the tp yeah. Panic buying.
edit on 28-4-2020 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: madmac5150
We had a duck, that was getting unruly... he was a jerk.

He was attacking both chickens, and other ducks... and causing injuries.

He was delicious. My wife cooked him in the crock pot.
Our response on our ol farm for years. Our quail dont act up, that we keep now.

Those of us in the "boonies", that raise our own food... we'll be OK for awhile.

People that live in urban areas may not fare well, if shortages occur. That could cause problems.

I really hope it doesn't come to that...

There will be no shortages in the US IMO. You might not get what you want, you will get what you need.

GA has already worked out and is working on alternate supply lines to get the food from the producers to the stores and restaurants.

There are some countries that do not produce much food and they could end up hurting.

Too bad GA hasn't dredged it's ports yet. We are open and should be able to export some food.

Food isn't a problem in North Idaho, at least for now. I'm more worried about feed for the animals.

We source as much as we can, locally... but much of our feed comes out of the midwest.

I'm seriously considering growing feed corn this year, instead of beans or potatoes.

We'll see how things shake out, in the next month. It will be that long until I can plant, anyway...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Dunno... was working on the garden today.

There is a pretty good rafter of 20-25 turkeys that were prowling around the garden fence...

5-6 deer cruised through...

There are about 20 elk in the pasture by the road...

And oddly enough (I've never seen this before so I had to google it) there is a Canadian goose sitting up in a tree in a crow's nest in my back yard.

She may nest there... which will be a pain in my ass because they are territorial and I have chickens.

I'm personally not seeing a meat shortage yet.

~shrug~

edit on 28-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

We are trying hemp for feed with our quail. Be great for chix as well I suspect.

I read an interesting study with chix fed stalks, seeds etc...passed on significant cannabinoids like cbd in the neighborhood of 250mg. Decarbs upon cooking. Also the seeds are quite high in protein and omegas 3 and 6, so darn nutritious for both the bird and you.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Is this the line for perpetual panic and unfettered fear mongering?
Wouldn't want to miss my chance to give up more of my personal freedoms in exchange for someone else's temporary peace of mind.
🧻

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Dunno... was working on the garden today.

There is a pretty good rafter of 20-25 turkeys that were prowling around the garden fence...

5-6 deer cruised through...

There are about 20 elk in the pasture by the road...

And oddly enough (I've never seen this before so I had to google it) there is a Canadian goose sitting up in a tree in a crow's nest in my back yard.

She may nest there... which will be a pain in my ass because they are territorial and I have chickens.

I'm personally not seeing a meat shortage yet.

~shrug~

For every polite Canadian, there is an equally angry Canadian goose. I'd keep an eye on him...

We have no shortage of wild game here. I haven't seen any elk this year, but I have spotted a few moose. Mooses. Whatever...

Unfortunately, we also have no shortage of predators. The recently quiet humans, have made them ballsy... we have at least one big cat in the area, and I have heard wolves getting closer as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

We are trying hemp for feed with our quail. Be great for chix as well I suspect.

I read an interesting study with chix fed stalks, seeds etc...passed on significant cannabinoids like cbd in the neighborhood of 250mg. Decarbs upon cooking. Also the seeds are quite high in protein and omegas 3 and 6, so darn nutritious for both the bird and you.

I do live 30 minutes from the Washington border...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we also have no shortage of predators. The recently quiet humans, have made them ballsy... we have at least one big cat in the area, and I have heard wolves getting closer as well.

Blah.

We had a really mild winter here (I'm probably a hundred miles east of you at the most) and everything is coming down out of the hills a lot sooner than usual.

My neighbor hit a lion with his truck a few weeks ago... she was pretty big for this area.

What screwed me up though was hearing a "honk" and looking up and seeing a Canadian goose sitting 30 feet up in a nest in a tree.

Never seen that before, but I guess it happens occasionally.

edit on 28-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We have a banty hen, that refuses to go in the coop at night. She roosts in one of our cedar trees, about 15 feet up. We have given up trying to chase her home. It's an exercise in futility.

Nothing surprises me, anymore...

I do love mountain living

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Round here when we talk about the immigration problem it is about the Canada Geese that never flew back North nor further South in the late 80’s and 90’s and now we are stuck with them because they are “protected” still. I could literally kill 1000 of them and not make a dent in the Canada Goose population.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Round here when we talk about the immigration problem it is about the Canada Geese that never flew back North nor further South in the late 80’s and 90’s and now we are stuck with them because they are “protected” still. I could literally kill 1000 of them and not make a dent in the Canada Goose population.

We were talked into adopting a goose, a few years ago. Never again.

It bit the crap out of me, day one. Inner thigh... nearly snagged a testicle. Not funny.

It traumatized our Fed-Ex driver. Bit the crap out of him, and beat the poor guy with his wings.

Then, it attacked the guy that delivers our hay. Gave the poor guy a purple nurple.

We tried to keep him, but in the end... he was delicious.

Geese are evil.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Yup... the madness continues

Today i saw a lady driving past with a mask on...

Apparently not only can you catch covid online... it goes through windows now

Oh the humanity...

Well to be fair, they are impossibly hard to put on so she probably did it at home where she could take her time and not die attempting to wear it on demand.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I've found they make a pretty good jerky, actually...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I went to the large gas station today without a mask. We were "ordered" to wear them but I said screw it even with two police at the front doors. They weren't wearing them either so it was a good assumption they were not enforcing it.

It is time to end this now. I'm in excellent shape, workout, run. Almost nobody is impacted by this that is strong. I should not be subjected to the same rules as obese, elderly and those with other issues. Let people take risks if they want. Mine is extremely low. Not worried about it anymore than a plane flight.

No, you wear a mask so YOU don't infect people. Don't be a selfish jerk.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Insalinity

Well to be fair, they are impossibly hard to put on so she probably did it at home where she could take her time and not die attempting to wear it on demand.

LOL... well no

They're impossibly easy to put on... not that masks will help anyone anymore

the bug can penetrate windows for gods sake!!

edit on 29-4-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I've found they make a pretty good jerky, actually...

I'm guessing that any good goose jerky recipe, involves Latin incantations... and, lots of salt...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I’m not scared. Are you scared flying?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
All the grocery stores in my city at least the ones near me are running out of meats. Mostly all I’m seeing are things that people don’t usually buy like liver. But also a lot of hamburger ground beef. Makes me think they’re just grinding up all the cows.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Same here in Clearwater Florida. Hard if not impossible to find steak, ground beef etc except for for large expensive cuts.

Now, chicken is getting scarce.

Because DB told me a couple of months ago not to panic, I did not run out and stock up and buy out tp. Walmart still has tp but hardly any meat at all.

These ARE strange days, for sure. Still not panicking and eating lots of nuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join