It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New findings at the Gobekli Tepe site.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Gobekli Tepe is also where we can see wild wheat being domesticated into farmable wheat.

So, an imperfect circle .... is an ellipse. And that's the shape you get from marking the horizon where you see progressive moonrises and moonsets.... which centered on each doorway....

An equilateral triangle tells me they were using rope to lay out circumference. I hugely suspect that standing at the vertex proabably points to solstitial sunrise/sunsets.

Because the moon's orbit as at a serious angle to the ecliptic, it's moonrises and sets are complicated and vary over an 18.61 year period. Hard to line that out with just a couple of doorways.

So I bet it's solar alignments.

Just what I'd be looking for at the site, if I were interested in the astroarchaeology angle. (see what I did there?)

Howdy

Just a reminder the site of the enclosures are on the SIDE of a hill which would have impacted observation of the horizon except in one direction.

whc.unesco.org...

www.tailofthebird.com...

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It's amazing, good work.

When I was a kid I used to read stories of the "ancients" as i call them, the earliest known canoes were dated as i believe is 8500 BC.

the question is was there an ancient advanced civilization? yes and no.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think it's funny that when this stuff comes up I have a tendency to sometimes think in terms of thousands of years, but damn our whole modern civilization is only a few thousand years old itself. So if a site like Gobekli Tepe is in use for several thousand years I have to adjust my thinking to realize that wow that's a long time. It must have really been important for some reason. Rituals I guess. The people who built it and used it didn't apparently live in it. Trade? Prostitution? No government, probably.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
For some reason Gobekli Tepe makes me think of Daniel 12:4-

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

They spent all that time and effort building this site (and others in the area) then spent even more time and effort covering it all.........
For me it is more about the 'WHY' and not so much about the 'HOW'.
edit on 29-4-2020 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Is it really such a stretch for them to use an equilateral triangle?

I would think a triangle would be the first thing they would learn to use since the sky is full of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Trade? Prostitution? No government, probably.

At the end of the day it always come down to hookers and blow...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hey there good people of ATS! I hope you all are keeping safe.

GT is an amazing site. Remember this region has been the coridoor for all movement out of Africa for almost a million years. All the human traffic had to pass through the Levant as it spread into Europe, Russia and all northern latitudes.

The Bible mentions that Abraham came from Ur in Southern Iraq,

Ur, modern Tall al-Muqayyar or Tell el-Muqayyar, Iraq, important city of ancient southern Mesopotamia (Sumer), situated about 140 miles (225 km) southeast of the site of Babylon and about 10 miles (16 km) west of the present bed of the Euphrates River.

The Bible mentions that he passed through Harran in southern Turkey and went as far west and south as Egypt. That was Just Abraham the nomad and his caravan doping all that distance in just a few years. These people were all intermingling and with them Africans too, just like the modern day Middle East. It was a place of much war too and still is because of it strategic importance. The U.S must always keep this link with Israel. It will keep you very strong and Israel too. Bless that friendship for all time.

It is now thought that all the British stone circles were built by Turkish farmer settlers,

www.fethiyetimes.com...

See how similar it all is. That shows the original Stonehenge how it would have looked.

Remember the story of Eden begins by the Euphrates too. No doubt this area is the beginning of modern civilization. The Bible, if studied carefully, preserves so many echoes of history. Abraham came from Sumer, the ancestor of all Jews, Christians and Muslims.

I believe that the triange (pyramid) is inspired by the shape of mountains and volcanoes (same thing originally in most respects. We worshipped them as gods because we saw fire coming out of them that turned into land. Even Moses went up a mountain (Mount Sinai) to get his instructions from The Most High. First we built earth mounds copying the mountains for the tombs of our chiefs and kings and eventually pyramids for our Pharaohs. They reckoned themselves as gods as we know. From mountain to mound to pyramid and the triange. This became the square.

The triangle is us copying the mountain as a symbol and the angles are the foundation of modern architectural consciousness. Even to this very day Israel has the two triangles as its flag as we know, the Magen David. The Masons know it. Amazing how ancient this truly is and it is still in our institutional consciousness linked to the very "corner stone" of architecture and rightfully so. Corner stone - it has to be a triangle. A square needs four of them. It all started with a mountain folks, just like the very land we walk upon, a boiling broth of molten rock creating the earth.

I think that the continental plates are not natural to the earth. They all started in one place on one side of the earth. That is not usual. I think our plates came from a collision. That is why they are so unstable. It is all breaking up into pieces then colliding with other pieces through all the ages. Volcanoes are just vents to stop the planet exploding and just happen to make land as a biproduct. They let out the pressure of the gases. Why else did land only form on one side of the earth and in one big clump? It is only 30%. May be we are in a sense walking on the Moon here on the earth? The Moon could be left over from the collision having deposited a lot of matter upon the earth that makes up our land. It would all have become very molten again after such a huge collision. It may have happened before the water settled into the oceans or may be after even. The Bible is even right about that. The waters divided. That is exactly what happened. Before that it was all steam and even today it is still not cool enough to stay in the oceans and keeps going up to the sky and falls again as it cools. It is in the sky and in the oceans just as the Bible says.

Read your Bibles for sure folks.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kakamega

It is now thought that all the British stone circles were built by Turkish farmer settlers,

I thought the idea and building style of Stonehenge could be traced to places like the island of Orkney in Scotland?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The questions that aught to be answered are not "hunter gatherers" or "villages"but. 1. It took a mass of people to build Gobekli Tepe, more that a few villagers. That meant 2. Some-one to organise the workforce. Then 2. Now were they housed and how were they fed.
These are the questions that automatically leads to a more advanced civilisation that the historians do not want to address.
The place I think that would show promise for inter-ice age civilisation is the Russian Arctic tundra. Which was once a lush environment.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

As someone else pointed out, this site seems to lack any sort of surrounding settlements that would indicate it was part if a larger settlement.

It may have been a Stonehenge type situation, neighboring villages all converging on this particular site to chip in and build it.

Theres T shapes statues and stones all over that part of the world.
Then again, GT is still only half uncovered, so they think.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: crayzeed

As someone else pointed out, this site seems to lack any sort of surrounding settlements that would indicate it was part if a larger settlement.

It may have been a Stonehenge type situation, neighboring villages all converging on this particular site to chip in and build it.

Theres T shapes statues and stones all over that part of the world.
Then again, GT is still only half uncovered, so they think.

It may have been a seasonal or annual meeting place of the various HG groups. They would separate for most of the year to seek food then return to trade, conduct family business, exchange hunting information on weather and animal movements, arrange marriages, etc. Such gathering were common for other HG groups up the modern age.

"By the 19th century, the typical year of the Lakota and other northern nomads was a communal buffalo hunt as early in spring as their horses had recovered from the rigors of the winter. In June and July the scattered bands of the tribes gathered together into large encampments, which included ceremonies such as the Sun Dance. These gatherings afforded leaders to meet to make political decisions, plan movements, arbitrate disputes, and organize and launch raiding expeditions or war parties."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Howdy, Hans. I gladly differ to your knowledge, knowing you have more legs (arms and perhaps other appendages) to stand on than I do.

I have been told about symmetric tiles covering acres that were uncovered during construction around 20 feet down in the U.S. great plains sometime in the 60's or 70's. They were dug up, some folks grabbed a couple as souvenirs and the rest were bulldozed so the project could continue on budget. An anthro T.A. told me this, years ago, and said his family had some of the tiles over their fireplace. It was one of the things that got him into the subject and it made me curious, as well. He was of the opinion that they were manufactured and at a depth and composition that made them anomalous... in his opinion.

I know the Texas "Rockwall" is natural, for instance, and didn't see the find he told of, but he might be correct.

There are more "maybes" than facts, I agree. But the general idea, given the time we know intelligence has been here, is possible.

But I know it's a fight against rank ignorance and also know most of the stuff stuck in YouRube videos is bunk.

So... thanks for being polite ...and correcting inaccuracy!

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I Thought they found evidence of farming at GT . I guess I’m wrong ?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Landscapes change over 12,000 years . You never know how it looked at the time

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Howdy, Hans. I gladly differ to your knowledge, knowing you have more legs (arms and perhaps other appendages) to stand on than I do.

I have been told about symmetric tiles covering acres that were uncovered during construction around 20 feet down in the U.S. great plains sometime in the 60's or 70's. They were dug up, some folks grabbed a couple as souvenirs and the rest were bulldozed so the project could continue on budget. An anthro T.A. told me this, years ago, and said his family had some of the tiles over their fireplace. It was one of the things that got him into the subject and it made me curious, as well. He was of the opinion that they were manufactured and at a depth and composition that made them anomalous... in his opinion.

I know the Texas "Rockwall" is natural, for instance, and didn't see the find he told of, but he might be correct.

There are more "maybes" than facts, I agree. But the general idea, given the time we know intelligence has been here, is possible.

But I know it's a fight against rank ignorance and also know most of the stuff stuck in YouRube videos is bunk.

So... thanks for being polite ...and correcting inaccuracy!

Howdy

Most things are possible, but you have judge possibilities with the harder task masters; plausibility and probably.

Tiles, you can get natural tiles from a number of geological interactions.

One possibility:

en.wikipedia.org...

However, you'd have to judge every OOPart by itself. Before the internet it was hard to get info on such anomalies but some people collected them the most famous collections were by William Corliss:

m.media-amazon.com...

Rippley's believe it or not and Charles Fort who lend his name to Fortean.

General review of that subject

enacademic.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

Not to my knowledge but I might have missed it as I don't check their websites on a regular basis

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Landscapes change over 12,000 years . You never know how it looked at the time

True

Geologists can get a very good idea of what a placed looked like however in this case it would require a solid limestone hill to malform itself and to have grown higher or the site have have shifted. Probably unlikely but you could ask the geologist involved with site about that.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
When I first started getting interested in Gobekli Tepe I recall seeing a black and white panoramic picture of the site with a few UTEs in the foreground so you could see the immense scale of the hump. The site is incredible and to bury it was a feat in itself. I mean we casually toss out there.. oh it was buried... but its even more impressive to see it and realize just how much earth was moved.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Not to my knowledge but I might have missed it as I don't check their websites on a regular basis

I recently read something about a wheat geneticly specific to the local area near GT. It doesnt require a lot more than the offer of bread and beer to help advertise for as workforce. It was, and again going from memory here, an early study but I'll try to find the link for you regardless.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Pretty cool that’s they could build to such tolerance back then. Being off 25cm however is still a very far way from perfect and probably still falls in the realms of them using rudimentary measuring techniques.

Just like the supposed perfect right angles at site featured by ancient aliens. Dave Childress holds up a square and exclaims it’s a perfect right angle and then places the square to the stone. Plain as day you can see there is a gap between the stone and the measuring square meaning not a right angle and he goes on saying how perfect it is.

I want to believe so badly in ancient lost tech and high society I really really do I just don’t see it however.

edit on 30-4-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join