It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxford Vaccine by September?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Willtell

Vaccines HARM you Bodies OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM ...................NEXT !

Whereas coronavirus doesn't?

Too much internet seems to harm ones mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
If the Asians have been working on this vaccine for many years, I highly doubt that it will work. Everyone who does get sick after vaccination will be tested only for the flu, so it will appear that this virus is working greatly when in fact it does nothing. At least it will be safer having a fake vaccine than having one that kills people.

Which "The Asians"?
Chinese, maybe. NK, sure. The rest seem to be pretty honest and straightforward.
And frankly, if its say, Japanese, I would trust them more than..."the whites"

The people in Taiwan, Japan, and China have been trying unsuccessfully to make a vaccine for SARS. There are some very impressive scientists in those countries too. I like reading research from Japan, they tend to look at things from multiple ways. They do not discount things because of their beliefs nearly as much as the people in the west and Europe do. Their medical research seems not to be as profit oriented as the research in America and parts of Europe.
edit on 28-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Don't have to worry about it, champ.

Family has been in house quarantine for 2 days now.

Fevers, aches, pains. I'm living it as we type.

AS WE TYPE AND SPEAK TO EACH OTHER.

I work in a hospital, sport. Go there every day, well, not recently. Haven't been there in 2 days.

BECAUSE I HAVE THE COVID, Splinky!

We get tested soon because the hospital where I am a director is crapping pancakes with me being gone.

I wasn't going to say much because, well, it's really none of your god-damned business, but since it is relevant to the discussion, I thought I'd share.

Take off the panic-pants and go outside, if you're allowed to.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Vaccines ARM your body's own immune system.

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25138691]SaturnFX[/post

To Cure an Ailment , you Must First Get It ..............

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Tell that to My Perfect Health after Serving 64 Tears on Planet Earth Fella ...............

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Welp, good luck and get well soon.
I hear is isn't all that bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Tell that to My Perfect Health after Serving 64 Tears on Planet Earth Fella ...............

Physical anyhow.
edit on 28-4-2020 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It sucks.

Like having the flu.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well that was an unexpected twist, was it not?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
No big thing about the UK except Oxford is one of the most elite universities in the word

link

Oxford is regularly ranked within the top 5 universities in the world and is currently ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings,[146][147] as well as the Forbes's World University Rankings.[148] It held the number one position in the Times Good University Guide for eleven consecutive years,[149] and the medical school has also maintained first place in the "Clinical, Pre-Clinical & Health" table of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for the past seven consecutive years.[150] In 2019, it ranked 7th among the universities around the world by SCImago Institutions Rankings.[151] The THE has also recognised Oxford as one of the world's "six super brands" on its World Reputation Rankings, along with Berkeley, Cambridge, Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.[152] The university is fifth worldwide on the US News ranking.[153] Its Saïd Business School came 13th in the world in Financial Times Global MBA Ranking.[154]

Oxford was ranked ninth in the world in 2015 by the Nature Index, which measures the largest contributors to papers published in 82 leading journals.[155][156] It is ranked 5th best university worldwide and 1st in Britain for forming CEOs according to the Professional Ranking World Universities,[157] and first in the UK for the quality of its graduates as chosen by the recruiters of the UK's major companies.[158]
In the 2018 Complete University Guide, all 38 subjects offered by Oxford rank within the top 10 nationally meaning Oxford was one of only two multi-faculty universities (along with Cambridge) in the UK to have 100% of their subjects in the top 10.[159] Computer Science, Medicine, Philosophy, Politics and Psychology were ranked first in the UK by the guide.[160]
According to the QS World University Rankings by Subject, the University of Oxford also ranks as number one in the world for four Humanities disciplines: English Language and Literature, Modern Languages, Geography, and History. It also ranks 2nd globally for Anthropology, Archaeology, Law, Medicine, Politics & International Studies, and Psychology.[161]

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You know it is a lot of strange things about this COVID thing.

For example, many of us know about the guy with a fox news guy from the white house moving chairs before the press conference saying " We all have been vaccinated here."

And look at Pence going into a hospital with COVID patients and everybody has masks but he and he's right up in the face of the patient!

Come on now, what is that?

edit on 28-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Needle friend...this wont hurt you a bit....and soon you dont have to worry about corona

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Really Dude > ? Virtual " Punch On The Arm " ......

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Really Dude > ? Virtual " Punch On The Arm " ......

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Interesting because here in Chicago the Mayor introduced their new app so people could register to get vaccinated. They also said they were buying syringes to be prepared.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
What I dont understand is how we can be told the virus is constantly mutating and here to stay, and at the same time be told a vaccine is necessary and presumed effective. Can anyone explain that for me? I aware I may just be misunderstanding something. It seems however that there are mutually exclusive ideas being pushed simultaneously.

Christ!

STOP THINKING AND TAKE THE DAMNED SHOT!

Or get punished by the future government "Czar" of Covid.

You do want to leave your home and go out, don't you?

Then let the government track you, pump strange drugs into you and BEHAVE!

Don't worry. After the shot, you won't be able to think so much anyway.

I think I called it a "smart pill" on this forum. I guess one can search it here. I think Trump is secretly being feed it and now I believe Pence too. Don't ever trust a career politician .

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I am not sure if I'll be brave enough to inject myself with a vaccine that was too rushed to make for a virus that it's origin and purpose still remains a mystery to me...I also never vaccinated myself for flu and I am alive and well.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

And frankly, if its say, Japanese, I would trust them more than..."the whites"

Just curious; why?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Very strange. But one of our vastly elite world institutions has said its an 80 percent chance we can get a vaccine by September 2020!

I assume by elite you mean "world class educational and research university full of people much more intelligent than those who could not get in"?

You just need to take a trip around Oxford and all the surrounding science and business parks to understand the sheer size and scale of the science that goes on around the University of Oxford. The same applies to many other UK universities.

It is perfectly conceivable that a directed effort by Oxford's wide-ranging and well-resourced university research arms, with likely input from many academic, charitable and commercial partners within and outside the UK, will crack any problem thrown at them. It's not even a matter of £, it's the brains and the challenge that will drive this effort.

If they get to a vaccine for Covid-19 quickly, then that's good. If they are successful, then I would expect the vaccine to be made available freely, and the UK Government who is funding these research projects has said this will be the case. Kudos to Oxford if they resolve an effective vaccine.

Of course the anti-vaccination brigade will rant and rave, but then they can do that without fearing catching smallpox, eh?

A little background
edit on 29/4/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join