It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food is being destroyed in USA because of Covid-19 Pandemic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Food is being destroyed and then imported from other countries. Food that in most cases inferior and unregulated. This is likely a move by Globalists. Because of the COVID -19 pandemic somehow blocking the delivery of USA farmed goods. The powers that be want to take the farmers and herd them into the crowed cities.

The truckers and other workers who are distributing the food must be allowed to work. I could run out of food and starve! And this means you also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a real threat.

Massive Famine If Nothing Done Soon
edit on 28-4-2020 by Doctor Smith because: mistake

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I understand your point but people really need to start stating facts.

Its not the virus nor a pandemic thats doing anything.

Its government tyranny combined with government and media fear mongering which has caused this situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Crops plowed under because of a lack of stoop labor migrant harvester shortage and other market forces.

www.theguardian.com...

calmatters.org...

edit on 28-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You are now seeing the result of concentrating in large cities that depend entirely of food being delivered to them.
Easy answer for the farmers, stop complaining and set up your own transport company.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So I heard that farmers were destroying their crops because Restaurants were not using them. I am not a farmer and I dont know much about farming. So I dont know if the farmers had to destory crops so they wouldn;t lose profit or it would effect the other crops that they have to have all this pile of food stacked up. But it does strike me as weird that the food couldnt have been shipped somewhere else?

I am thinking homeless facilities coulld have used the food in some manner??
edit on 28-4-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This is the perfect time to get self sufficient and start a small garden if you can.

You can grow microgreens in your home to supplement daily nutritional needs. They grow fast and are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Turn around time is 8-12 days, sometimes sooner.

I hate to sound like a commercial, but it's a relatively cheap investment and just about anyone can do it.

Gotta detach from the boob is some ways, because this total dependence on outsourced food is already rearing its ugly head.

I'm going to start my own and then sell or trade my overages locally.

We've got the time to research, I would recommend looking into some alternatives to hedge your bets.

edit on 4/28/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This would be a good time for farmers to unionize...

They won't but it's a good time.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You are now seeing the result of concentrating in large cities that depend entirely of food being delivered to them.
Easy answer for the farmers, stop complaining and set up your own transport company.

Who's going to harvest the produce and load the trucks?

agamerica.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Because the meat processing plants are shut down, many chickens will die. With modern feeding techniques and specially bred chicken breeds, a chicken or turkey will die after it reaches full size, they do not have hearts big enough for the size of the fast growing birds, they have heart attacks. Those chickens are tossed into the landfills or in big pits. There is a very narrow window.

We went to meijers today at around noon, there were only four or five packages of chicken in the coolers, and in the frozen section there were very little frozen whole or pieces of chicken there and only two turkeys. The run was on fresh chicken, or maybe they cannot get much of it because of their supplier. There was plenty of the frozen chicken strips of all kinds though, the bbq ones and the breaded ones were all stocked up.
edit on 28-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This would be a good time for farmers to unionize...

They won't but it's a good time.

I'm beginning to believe that also. To protect the farmers from cut throat corporations.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dealing with living things and things with a short shelf life it has to be destroyed otherwise it will burden farmers even more trying to feed animals and lead to some serious problems with plants with rats, feral hogs and no telling what else.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Who's going to harvest???? The same people that harvested the crops 100 years ago.
But, with a big but, farmers got the greed bug and got bigger and bigger farms that actually needed other manpower than the farmer and his family. Got to buying expensive machinery to harvest, then paying peanuts for the workers so only illegal aliens would do the work.
Never mind about small holders, large farms are like factories, hence a high turnover. It's the same in the UK, and you never see a poor farmer. Except the small holder.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ya know, maybe we will now. Personal experience,
was near impossible to work along side of a field full of migrants, reverse racism at its finest.

originally posted by: olaru12

agamerica.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

that's what happens when you subsidize farmers to encourage greater production, they throw stuff out because they produce way too much.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Perhaps people just aren't WASTING so much because although panic buying and stocking up has happened, habits are changing and they are shopping less often.

Don't believe the hype, believe your eyes when you see what is happening and changing around you.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

My wife just showed me this - everyone should see it

What the hell is happening?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You'd THINK they'd organize & implement "Community Harvest Days" or whatever you want to call it in the interim, and allow the area locals to come in masked up & with their own bags/boxes to fill and pick the food themselves. Weigh the box/bag on the way out, pay by the pound, and voila, drastically reduced waste and still possibly at least breaking even on costs, but noooooo, this is America and that would be too damn easy a solution for Americans.

Come on, Pick-It-Yo'self is not a new concept by any means, there's orchards and farms all over the place up here in MI that do that. Why isn't this an option right now for the bigger guys to avoid the waste and mitigate the loss of money?
edit on 4/28/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
American Farmers Being Ordered To Depopulate Livestock And Destroy Crops

Oh good lord infowars Please enough with that crap LOL and I want to agree with you but you got to come up with better sourcing than that

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

agamerica.com...

Pretty sure they could get the national guard to do this in certain areas IF IT WAS NEEDED, this is mostly because the lockdown has killed restaurant business for now and future orders. They aren't going to plant X amount of acres when they have no orders to back of the investment.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join