It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflictual password issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Dear ATS staff and members who are savvy.

I am having an issue with passwords :

I can enter ATS with no problems when I am on my laptop but however, when I type in the same password on my Iphone, I cannot get in and get the message "Your password appears to be incorrect. Please try again."

I have tried changing my password a couple of times but still no joy when trying to access ATS on my mobile

Am I doing something wrong or am I just crap?

Thanks for any help.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

While you're logged in from your laptop go to the 'Account' tab in the dropdown menu at the top of the site. There you'll see this:

Fill out those fields and hit submit. Make sure you write down your new password.

Then, go to your phone and clear your browser cookies. After that try to log in from your phone again using your new password. It should work.
edit on 28-4-2020 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

While you're logged in from your laptop go to the 'Account' tab in the dropdown menu at the top of the site. There you'll see this:

Fill out those fields and hit submit. Make sure you write down your new password.

Then, go to your phone and clear your browser cookies. After that try to log in from your phone again using your new password. It should work.

Thanks mate.

unfortunately this does not work.

Tried about 5 times.

Thanks for your responser.

Lags

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Also, special characters are under different keys on an iPhone.

Exclamation mark foxed with with the new work iPhone

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Also, special characters are under different keys on an iPhone.

Exclamation mark foxed with with the new work iPhone

Thanks my Welsh friend but does not work.

So should I do a sheep with the wellies, stick n stuff?

Fondest wooly hugs.

edit on 28-4-2020 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

You could try some new jokes

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Misplaced capital letters due to the nature of iPhone’s “trying to be helpful” or similar spelling to an actual word so it changes it for you to be helpful or addition of a space again to be helpful....often times that “helpful” feature isn’t very helpful at all and will zap me regularly.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

My point? I've stayed logged in/on 24-7 365...for 10 years...never signing out....always on.

Why do you not?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Serves you right for not making your password 'password'.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

My point? I've stayed logged in/on 24-7 365...for 10 years...never signing out....always on.

Why do you not?

I did.

Then last week suddenly woke up to being logged out!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Serves you right for not making your password 'password'.

My password was "chickinafreezer"

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hows this :

Doctor: Can you read this chart from top to bottom please.

Welshman: Read it!? I know the guy!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hail, Lagomorphe, Lord of Bogs!

Hey, me too....I shoulda mentioned it was a 1st for me last week, changed password !st in 10 years....

My background with not logging off...ever...comes from having 2 offices, work, mobile...and 24-7...staying logged on as someones always on.

I do from time to time, log out and in to clear things...but I wake up, got 5-6 windows logged in, same on phone and Im off!

Take care L, and ignore no symptoms if ya got em!

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Quality, not heard that one before

Nice one.

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Hows this :

Doctor: Can you read this chart from top to bottom please.

Welshman: Read it!? I know the guy!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hey, me too....I shoulda mentioned it was a 1st for me last week, changed password !st in 10 years....

My background with not logging off...ever...comes from having 2 offices, work, mobile...and 24-7...staying logged on as someones always on.

I do from time to time, log out and in to clear things...but I wake up, got 5-6 windows logged in, same on phone and Im off!

Peace

Sorry for the late response MS as can only use my computer to log on for the moment.

This is the first time ever that this has happened and is a pain in the bum as I normally log straight on to ATS whilst sitting on the bog first time in the morning to get my daily dose of international goings on.

Hope all is sorted out on your side?

Lags

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Peace

Sorry for the late response MS as can only use my computer to log on for the moment.

This is the first time ever that this has happened and is a pain in the bum as I normally log straight on to ATS whilst sitting on the bog first time in the morning to get my daily dose of international goings on.

Lags

Yes m' friend. Recovering from virus, retired same time...hey Lags?

You have a BOG?!!??? Absolutely awesome!

Understand about computer, good luck, eh?!

God Bless, stay well....
edit on 30-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sorry about your issues!

The login screen is just that, the website's page to enter your identification info to allow you on so the NSA can track you. It works the same from any browser or OS, including phone, so that is probably not the issue (it is a computer, who knows, it always could be!!)

Sounds like you tried the basic steps which makes me think it is a device issue.

Empty the device's cache (always a good step). Then quit the browser and relaunch it (sounds silly but the computer tries to be helpful and remember your "session"). If you can, wait a few minutes between steps (good time to power cycle your phone!).

Next, may be kind of weird, login to an email account from your laptop. Create a "draft" email, go to ATS, change your password. Be sure to copy the password into the email and save (do not send. It will be a draft in your draft folder). Now go back to the phone, go to your email, copy the password from the draft email. Go to ATS and login and when prompted for the password, paste what you copied from the email.

If that doesn't work, then you are kind of up the creek, as they say, and lawd knows what is going on.

I have the problem at work between 2 different networks and 4 email accounts so have had to do all of this at one time or another.

Good luck Lags!

PS - We all had to login a couple weeks back (I always stay logged in on my phone but was kicked off) it seems because I had to as well.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Peace

Lags

Yes m' friend. Recovering from virus, retired same time...hey Lags?

You have a BOG?!!??? Absolutely awesome!

Understand about computer, good luck, eh?!

God Bless, stay well....

Take care recovering old chap, have had a pretty crap week too with a mild chest infection, but all is good after a couple of well dosed 'grogs" as we call them over here in France.

I am a Brit and when you see "BOG" this means TOILET in Brit Slang : onlineslangdictionary.com...

Although at the moment and since last night it has been pissing it down with rain : www.thefreedictionary.com...

We have been on Orange alert since yestarday until "normally" this afternoon and my land looks like a real bog.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hello any moderation staff that have the time or can be arsed to read this thread again.

Would you happen to have a suggestion please? (PM me if neccessary if it is a password issue).

Thanking you in advance.

Lags

new topics

top topics

join