It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Right, Keep Hating on the 1950s

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: Vroomfondel

A good game of lawn darts taught us that there were throwers and there were catchers. The throwers went on to become successful and lived decent lives. The catchers didn't make it. Neither did the kids who couldn't figure out how to work a skate key. Natural selection wasn't something to be avoided. It was necessary and welcome.

You and I may not agree on everything but this was spot on and made me spit some coffee.

Kids today would be looking at some app as the dart impacted their cranium.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing on things. Glad you enjoyed it. But go easy on the coffee, its sacred you know. :-)

Kids today would be texting 911. "Help - a big dart is stuck in my head! I m so not LOLing r n..."

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There wasnt widespread refrigerated air in the 50s. Screw the 50s, it was an uncivil, sweaty, barbaric time.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nostalgia is fun for people who have poor memories, little knowledge of history, and have let culture and technology leave them behind. What's not fun is when they try to recreate their misplaced fantasies in the present because they're scared of the future.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not a boomer, not even close, and even I would love a return to the times I grew up in 70s/80s.

Always gotta laugh at the new generations who know no better, who think their lives are better because of PC culture and tech.

Course these days, its mainly insane jealousy because the the new generations cant innovate and create like the older ones did, especially in the realms of music and arts...so they have to tear down everything that came before them to try and bury what they cant create.
edit on 7-5-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Old brain...dementia...

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Nostalgia is fun for people who have poor memories, little knowledge of history, and have let culture and technology leave them behind.

Lol!!! Don't know how you come to that conclusion ........talk about painting

with a broad brush. /SMH

What's not fun is when they try to recreate their misplaced fantasies in the present because they're scared of the future.

Well IF they can remember the 50's ...... they don't have a 'future' or are dead

already?

As for misplaced fantasies 'they were there'
You weren't!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join