It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, Your Phones are Spying On You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
a reply to: zosimov

Well for starters, without going into the whole spill, never use data on ANY cellphone, and if you don't know how to keep from doing that, then you deserve to be 'spied' on lol

I'd love to know how to use my smart phone without using data, it would save me a ton on my monthly subscribe for 8 gigs..

So please elaborate.

Although one thing i did notice is for the first time ever last month I went over my high speed data cap at 8 gigs, and still (again for the first time ever) had high speed data not disabled, I actually used 10 last month with no throttling back..

I wondered if that had anything to do with the 'Rona.

But please do full us in on how we can use our phones without using data.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Keep your cell phone in a lead film bag when you do not want to be tracked. Nothing gets in and out of that.
Amazon has a few good ones that look just like a regular carry case.

You can also throw your FitBit in there along with any RFID cards and small bluetooth devices.
edit on 27-4-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 27-4-2020 by charlyv because: content

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a couple of months ago i was in a conference room talking about credit scores. later that same day, my phone began spamming me with free credit score websites to visit.

cell phones are always listening.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes, Your Phones are Spying On You

I keep mine in my front pants pocket. Not much to see in there! Car keys, $ 1.85 in change and an old stick of covfefe.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: zosimov
I am an absolute anomoly (and maybe the last one left) in that I never got a cell phone. I did not want a device which would fundamentally change me and change the way I interacted with the world, and never saw the advantages of having one as outweighing the disadvantages. Therefore I may be the only one who is adamantly opposed to carrying around a tracking device; this news does not sit well with me. What do you think, ATSers?

Remember during the meet up in Denver when I accidentally slipped and bumped into you? CIA trick to shove an implant into your neck.

But I 100% know my phone is listening, the wife asked me to look something obscure up on Saturday and by the second letter the phone ha already spelled out the sentence of what I wanted to find.

Yes, but that could be because you have searched for the same thing before and have just forgotten.

It's these little things that can help us identify the onset of Alzheimers like symptoms of Kuru in ourselves.

edit on 27/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

What was the question?

edit on 27-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
my clever post

Link?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: D.Wolf

I get the very same reaction when I tell people I have no tv and haven't had for over 20yrs, they look dumbounded and say things like "What about Coronation Street/Eastenders/XFactor?" I just go "Erm what?" hehe always throws them but does mean I can't join in with the inane babbling about the latest soaps with the girls.....thank gawd!

Oh and wifi?? I never use it...no need
edit on 27-4-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Yes, but that could be because you have searched for the same thing before and have just forgotten.

No, it was some totally random thing that neither of us had heard of but just said out loud prior to searching.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

No, it was some totally random thing that neither of us had heard of but just said out loud prior to searching.

You never know, these brain diseases can sneak up on you. You must be vigilant, especially with your alleged dietary preferences.

Kuru (disease)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit on 27/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I am an absolute anomoly (and maybe the last one left)

I am the last one left also.

Shhhh!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
They even track you when they are off...

Not if it's wrapped in tin foil.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's some really good advice on here for those more interested in keeping some modicum of a private life. Thanks for all the comments!!

Remember during the meet up in Denver when I accidentally slipped and bumped into you? CIA trick to shove an implant into your neck.

I dug that out a week later.

And to think all this time I was convinced I had Morgellons!!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I get the very same reaction when I tell people I have no tv and haven't had for over 20yrs, they look dumbounded and say things like "What about Coronation Street/Eastenders/XFactor?" I just go "Erm what?" hehe always throws them but does mean I can't join in with the inane babbling about the latest soaps with the girls.....thank gawd!

Oh and wifi?? I never use it...no need

I haven't had a TV in years either, but are you saying your computer is hardwired to your router? You own nothing else that connects wireless, as in without cables?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

They even track you when they are off...

Not if it's wrapped in tin foil.

I just put my tin foil hat on top of mine at night.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I'm sure you've found what works best for you!

I know it's weird, but in my case this is true:

Number of times I really needed a cell phone but did not have one: 2
Luckily for me, I did manage to find another way around the problems. I feel more free and able to engage with the world without a phone or other distractor.

edit on 27-4-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes, lol!
I do know that look well. The best case of it happened recently, when I wrote a sample opinion essay on the subject to show my ESL class. They are all around 20 years old, and don't even know of a world w/o a mobile.
My opening line was something like:
I usually get an astonished look when I tell people that I don't own a cell phone and that I never have.

One of my students said "Teacher, you really don't have a phone?" with the perfect accompanying look and I said, "That's it, right there! The look of astonishment I was talking about!"
We had a good laugh over that one.

Well cheers to my fellow luddites!!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't know why we call then phones anymore honestly. I use mine as a phone probably less than 2% of the time. It holds all my music which I listen to in the truck via bluetooth, family photos, calculator, quick google search for stuff, watch movies on, youtube, I mean the uses are endless.

Hell, I wrote this reply from my phone. But I get why people don't like them and that's cool with me.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I don't know why we call then phones anymore honestly. I use mine as a phone probably less than 2% of the time. It holds all my music which I listen to in the truck via bluetooth, family photos, calculator, quick google search for stuff, watch movies on, youtube, I mean the uses are endless.

Hell, I wrote this reply from my phone. But I get why people don't like them and that's cool with me.

Yeah, the are more akin to pocket computers nowadays more so than a "phone."

They are incredibly convenient. I have all my music, books, finances, photos, games, work stuff, etc all on my phone. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

With that said, I've come to dislike the tracking that occurs. I also dislike the fact I always feel connected. Constantly receiving work emails and expected to respond even on days off. I kind of miss when I left work on a Friday, I pretty much didn't get the message until Monday morning. I even worked in a fast paced business environment and we still some how survived and got stuff done with limited email. If something was super urgent, you got a phone call (and it really was urgent)...

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

With that said, I've come to dislike the tracking that occurs. I also dislike the fact I always feel connected. Constantly receiving work emails and expected to respond even on days off. I kind of miss when I left work on a Friday, I pretty much didn't get the message until Monday morning. I even worked in a fast paced business environment and we still some how survived and got stuff done with limited email. If something was super urgent, you got a phone call (and it really was urgent)...

This is really where I stand. I know I've sacrificed plenty, and have been somewhat of an annoyance at times to friends and family (although usually those closest to me can reach me w/i a reasonable amount of time), but all sacrifices I'm willing to make.
I hope I can continue to hobble my way through life w/o, but who knows-- from the looks of it, a mobile tracking device might become mandatory sometime soon.

But I won't go without a fight

edit on 27-4-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join