It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is calling out China's BS Coronavirus numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Finally, someone is pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.

‘Unreliable Data’ Britain Drops China From Official Coronavirus Death Toll

The UK is going to stop recognizing China's official count of COVID-19 cases, because of mounting concerns about the accuracy of their data.

Almost everybody suspects China is majorly underreporting their cases and deaths, and probably China has millions more cases than they've admitted, and who knows how many more deaths.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
About time is all i can say.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The article doesn't say why, exactly, China's numbers are "BS." I'm not saying they aren't. But this gives me no reason to think they are. Given China's secretive and furtive nature, we really don't know much at all.

For all I know, China's numbers are correct, and their treatments are simply more appropriate and effective. This could just be an effort to further protect bad medicine in western nations.

Can anyone enlighten me?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Now comes the odd part where a good number of ATS will start saying China is being honest and the rest of the world is hyping up this covid thing because of some NWO thing.

This is how dictatorships happen for real. A call to censor and silence the media from the people themselves, first with just the fringe, but it gets bigger and bigger (thanks to free speech and expedited by the internet) until movements have to be made.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The article doesn't say why, exactly, China's numbers are "BS." I'm not saying they aren't. But this gives me no reason to think they are. Given China's secretive and furtive nature, we really don't know much at all.

For all I know, China's numbers are correct, and their treatments are simply more appropriate and effective. This could just be an effort to further protect bad medicine in western nations.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Sure
Basically, This is China:

I reckon you're old enough to get the reference

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

So you've got nothing except "China bad"? Just like the "orange man bad." Okay.

I need more.

Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I need more.

Anyone else?

Simply look at the absurdly low rate of their reported cases compared to everyone else. How do you think they are able to keep the infection rate to almost nothing? It's so contagious and dangerous the USA has to shut down amirite? I guess I should move to China the virus there is almost nothing.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I need more.

Anyone else?

Naa, China Bad should be enough for now....however, if you really want more understanding of chinese censorship

Not sure why you decided to bring up Saint Donald of Trump (blessed be)....he isn't part of the thread. Do you need to call to your own personal jesus on every thread or is it just muscle memory at this point?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Simply look at the absurdly low rate of their reported cases compared to everyone else.

Okay. I spy with my little eye lower reported cases. To what extent are they testing? Reports will only include those who have been tested. Are people treating themselves with their own known healing substances and never seeking medical help? Are the high numbers of smokers in China who are less susceptible to complications keeping the numbers low?

We don't know. That's why I ask.

How do you think they are able to keep the infection rate to almost nothing?

See above. There is a very big difference between actual infection rate and the tested/confirmed infection.

It's so contagious and dangerous the USA has to shut down amirite?

Nope! USA didn't have to do a damn thing. They chose to impose shut down on us.

I guess I should move to China the virus there is almost nothing.

Do what ya gotta do.
edit on 27-4-2020 by Boadicea because: "did" to "didn't"

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

...however, if you really want more understanding of chinese censorship...

I understand that whatever is being censored means that we don't know. Not for good and not for ill.

We don't know.

Not sure why you decided to bring up Saint Donald of Trump (blessed be)....he isn't part of the thread.

It's called an "analogy". Such devices are often employed to demonstrate similar principles in different situations or circumstances.

Let me spell it out for you: For the same reason some folks would discount and discredit anything the Chinese say just because "China bad," some folks discount and discredit anything Trump says because "orange man bad." Such kneejerk reactions are also known as "killing the messenger," and ignoring the truth of the message simply because one does not like the messenger.

Do you need to call to your own personal jesus on every thread or is it just muscle memory at this point?

That does not even make any sense to me. My own personal Jesus? Interesting thought... but I seriously don't know what you're trying to say.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This is surely good news and countries of world need to stick together and confront China over this underreporting blatant lying. After this virus caused such massive problems the world over, there should be consequences for the CCP and China.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

From the article posted In the OP:

The Chinese government recently revised the official number of coronavirus deaths in Wuhan by 50 per cent, however, there are indications that this number is still much higher in reality. Last week, experts at Hong Kong University published a study in the peer-reviewed medical journal The Lancet, that suggested that some 232,000 people in China have been infected with the Wuhan virus, four times as many as has been officially reported by the regime in Beijing.

Not sure if this answers your question or not. Apparently there is a peer reviewed study that calls China's numbers into question.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Not sure if this answers your question or not. Apparently there is a peer reviewed study that calls China's numbers into question.

Thank you -- I did read the study.

My problem with the study is that it is based upon assumed cases based upon "case definitions" -- NOT confirmed testing.

Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong. But the "study" itself is not based on hard science.

Maybe China is lying, maybe not. But I sure don't automatically trust our government or any government more or less than the Chinese. They will all play fast and loose with data and facts to spin their own web.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I need more.

Anyone else?

And through blinkered Western media coverage of China, throw in a huge dose of ignorance and that's all there ever was.

In true Tory fashion and not for the first time, it's a deflection from their own failures, blame the `yellow-peril`

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX He was great, Comical Ali!

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I don't think this is about " blame the `yellow-peril`", I think its about the CCP doing anything to cover it's failings and short comings. The Chinese goverment will do anything to protect itself, even at the cost of it's own people.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I don't think this is about " blame the `yellow-peril`", I think its about the CCP doing anything to cover it's failings and short comings. The Chinese goverment will do anything to protect itself, even at the cost of it's own people.

Allegedly

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

As will our own governments.

As will our own political parties.

As will our medical industry.

We have no more or less reason to believe our own governments about China (and the coronavirus) than we have to believe China about anything coronavirus.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
China could have 50 times more coronavirus cases than claimed, Trump administration official says

An anonymous source inside the Trump administration told Fox News they think the real number of Coronavirus cases in China is 50x greater than what China is reporting. Naturally, the number of deaths is likely many times greater as well. They estimate that the number of dead just in the city of Wuhan, in the month of March (when the city morgues were running their crematoriums 24/7), to be in the range of 45,000 - 60,000.

From a quick search, China's current official numbers are roughly 88,000 cases and 4600 deaths. If this report is true, then the real numbers are on the order of 4 million cases and 200,000 deaths.
edit on 27-4-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Either near-total shut down / shut in for ~6 weeks basically completely eradicates the virus from a nation who had a massive and concentrated outbreak in a place from which likely hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people spread out from before being locked down - in which case, doing the same worldwide shoukd effectively eradicate the virus, OR...

China is lying and it isn't nearly as contained as they claim.

If they're not lying, then we should have employed the same measures 6-8 weeks ago and been basically back to normal by now.

Why "flatten the curve" when we could have, with just a little bit more pain for these past 6-8 weeks, eradicated the virus from the US? Is crippling the economy for the past 6-8 weeks, and likely for at least the next 6-8 weeks, followed by a short, partial reprieve, followed by back at it again in the fall worth it? Shouldn't we have locked in and been "back to normal" like China by now?

I'm of the opinion that if anything short of absolute truth and openness is found tobe coming from China, then we must completely sever all ties, for a period of no less than 100 years. We cannot risk anyone who has set foot in China, or in any nation who allows anyone whohas set foot in China into our nation. We cannot allow products from China, and we cannot allow China to own anything in the US. 100% enemy/pariah treatment if they are anything less than 100% forthcoming. We spent TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of dollars in reaction to a few thousand killed on 9/11. Surely we can shun China back to 3rd-world status lver this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join