It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there enough moderators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am not meaning enough moderators to crack down on the rules but by god the amount of repeat threads on this site, which are just constant repeats with barely a thin veil of difference to another thread, makes it a nightmare to follow.

A couple of other forums I am on post when someone has replied to me, or replied to a thread I posted in, I can come in, click on updates and a list of 15 things I can read.

Here, I post on Kim Jong Un and then 200 posts discussing the same thing as his supposed death appear with all number of different slants, which all turn into the same thing, eg, Is Kims sister sexy, what will happen to the politics in Korea, is Kim dead x 20 - all discussing the bloody same thing.

Brexit, Trump, Syria....the list is endless and they are all the same with an opening post just slightly different for someone who wants stars and flags to start it but within 5 posts they are talking about the same thing as the 22 other threads on the same bloody subject matter!

ATS you really need to do something, luckily my main board is more niche so we dont get the horrific spamming of the same topic, I can follow what is going on, but lets say right now I want to follow ATS news on Kim Jong Un - no chance, without trying to pick the bits out of 20 plus threads.

Doing my head in.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

The mods here always do the right thing and WE must be patient.

I imagine this thread will be sent the same way as all the other ones questioning how the site runs.

Be tolerant of the system here, it is by no means as intolerant as the one out there.

Peace, stay well, remain calm and focused on what is important maybe. Multiple threads on similar subjects can have different slants until one or more dissappear. Use that while you can perhaps.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As a matter of fact there are TOO MANY Mods. We should only have one and it should be DBCowboy.

Or Corona Virus since it's kind of the same thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Tf outa here with your gerrymandering!

On topic: usually if a thread is posted that has strong political content, a duplicate or similar mudpit thread is deemed appropriate for it so the poop doesnt taint the walls of the serious one.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As a matter of fact there are TOO MANY Mods. We should only have one and it should be DBCowboy.

We’ve got enough mods that I have one personally assigned to me. At least that’s what my inbox looks like, since it’s only the same one who gives me warnings for things other people do all the time, sometimes in the very thread I’m getting a warning on. Frankly, I’m flattered.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I agree.

What's the dress code?

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What's the dress code?

Pants optional.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What's the dress code?

Pants optional.

So it's a management position.

Nice!
edit on 27-4-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid-19

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is You, or someone just like You posting here on ATS. Some things will always remain the same. Members will visit and read or participate in combat, arguments, name calling, and then there's that Magnificent Seven or so that will bs and gab back and forth on the most mundane of topics, accumulating Stars. As though that were a badge of worth here. And if your playing here, I suppose it is the 'worth'

It takes from what Above Top Secret had always wished to be, that is, a site for the very unusual, the conspiracy, the paranormal, the weird science or legend oriented. But it has weathered a great deal of time. And after all, the participation is .....You...... me..... forum favorites, and a few true scholars. No not road scholars or jacks of all trades, unemployed in all of them.

Any way you look at it, this is entertainment. Waning.....? perhaps..... playing by the rules.... sometimes barely.

You have to ask yourself.... "why do you keep coming back" .... Mods___ why yes we have mods, and some are very efficient, others only marginally..... but personable. and others downright argumentative and caustic, full of hubris.
Many would say "be the change you want" but that would be like John the Baptist....“I am a voice shouting in the wilderness, only accommodating a certain audience.

The rest..... content enough to just come here and flex their ability in debate.
That is what you dislike? But change will be slow in coming if at all. The destination has evolved into what it's members wish to participate in. Sometimes over a hundred forums are scarcely enough, other times, three or four ample for the topics that draw and sustain the forum.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Honestly?

There's never been enough moderators.

Even back in 2003 when I was a newer member and volunteer mod and eventually super. At least a decade of time spent helping out in the forums.

It's a thankless, no pay job that is literally "Staffed" by your fellow ATSers on their free time. Doing a chore which could and should be avoided. Cleaning up after other fellow ATSers, who should know better not to be "that guy"...

Yet here we are, in an avoidable situation. If only every one followed the rules, payed attention and treated one another with respect, we wouldn't need moderators. Would we?

Is there any wonder why more people don't volunteer, only to be treated like the way many mods get treated... seriously.

Moderators aren't here to harass people, yet people are harassing the mods. What gives, because it seems to be a perpetuating circumstance.

What we really need, is a general population with more common freaking sense.

The problems will solve themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Truth!!

Advisor was the first person I ever interacted with back in 2005.... you're a great guy ADV...I cant believe it's been 15 years.

It's true a MOD here is incredibly thankless and people should honestly be happy the Site Owners and Admin's just keep it running for everyone... I GUARANTEE you its no fortune builder for them.

Alway's good to see you ADV.... take care

top topics

join