It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Yo Jong Enters Cult of Personality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
With reports of the demise of North Korean dictator Kim Jon Un swirling, I have been searching for more information on his sister, Kim Yo Jong. It's likely close observers of North Korean politics have known about Kim Jon Un's sister long before this current situation, but for the rest of us, this is our first chance to get to know Kim Yo Jong.

First off, IDK what some my counterparts on ATS are smoking (or could it be the effects of huffing Lysol? not clear ATM); I think Yo Jong is pretty darn attractive. I have seen one main photograph of her circulating in "The Media" where she was photographed without smiling, which doesn't necessarily paint her in a flattering light.

But let's not forget, "The Media" holds its own agenda, and keeps its own counsel on how to portray a person, whether that be in words or in images. If we were talking about succession of power in another country aside from North Korea, I'd bet money that less flattering pictures of a subject would be much harder to come by. As it is, this concerns sussing out power in one of the most brutal, backwards and repressed nations on Earth, so don't expect "The Media" to handle Yo Jong with kid gloves.

I'll admit, in some of the photos I've seen, Yo Jong does seem to cultivate a fairly cold public persona, and even sometimes when smiling, the emotion of the moment seems to not reach her eyes. However, bear in mind that many of the photo ops are coming during serious diplomatic events, not during publicity moments meant to show "a lighter side". Also, maybe we're being a bit harsh on applying feminine aesthetic standards to a women raised in probably what we could imagine is the most chilling, Darwinisitc, cut-throat, "kill or be killed" environment imaginable. "Hi honey, how was soccer practice today? How's the new coach working out? Hopefully we don't have to send her to hard labor camp, or the firing squad like her predecessor?"

There isn't a ton of information to draw upon when seeking to sketch a profile of Yo Jong's personality. Apparently she was educated in a Western school, in Switzerland, like older brother. Her late father told foreign visitors to Pyongyang that his youngest daughter had a future eye towards politics. There was apparently a period of time between her schooling in Switzerland and her older brother assumed power that not much is known about her activities. After Kim Jong Un came to power, she became more prominent in foreign affairs. One of her official titles is "vice director of the Propaganda and Agitation Department". Hmmm okay...agitation. Perhaps she had a talent for treading the fine line of annoyance and endearment that her brother picked up on at an early age? I'd imagine if she'd been too much of a sibling rival, she'd have not made it past her 21 birthday.

In recent times, she has reportedly secured the trust of her brother, eliciting enough confidence from her older brother to attend the 2018 Winter Olympics as a North Korean ambassador, and to have accompanied her brother to the nuclear weapons negotiations with Pres Trump. Yo Jong has also taken point on commentary related to official dialog between Washington and Pyongyang, recently releasing a statement praising the tone and content of Pres. Trumps letter to her brother. When taken as a whole, we're seeing a picture of a young woman that seems at ease in the political arena, and coupled with her role as chief propagandist and agitator, does not demure under the glare of the international spotlight.

There are, of course, more sinister undertones to her image, and some reports describe that Yo Jong is both "feared and respected" among the party power brokers in North Korea. As I hinted at earlier, when you consider that the woman has made it this far along at her brothers side without banishment, or even choosing to distance herself with a family situation not far removed from a modern Game of Thrones, she conveys an image of self-confidence and gravitas (probably another reason for not being seen in too many Kardashian style jaunts to shopping malls or night clubs).

It'll be interesting to see how Yo Jong's image will evolve. Will it mirror her brother's toeing the party line, or perhaps depart from previous convention and norms, and potentially bringing much needed change in North Korea's attitude and interface to the international community.
edit on 26-4-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: fix links

edit on 26-4-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: Add pics

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Kim yo Jong joins a select group , those in power positions with keen martial skills .
As a match for any 007 that's a very attractive lady , not to be crossed.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mental illness tends to run in the family. She’s good looking with enough makeup, but the dragon lady is right under the surface. The eyes tell the story, cold and calculating.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
She looks the most attractive in the second picture but you're right, her smile doesn't reach her eyes, looks tight, and doesn't seem genuine. We shall see what happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
She's got crazy ex-girlfriend eyes.
Dangerous woman.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Pretty sure you can't gauge anyones intelligence or qualities of leadership via their "looks".

NK is one of the "toughest rooms to work" and she seems to be a survivor. "If" she takes over the reins it will be a monumental endeavor. I think wondering if she will be able or even willing to make reasonable changes within NK it's going to take a back seat to her first consolidating her power base.

It would be expected that changes are going to be slow in coming as not to alienate those who could challenge her.
So keeping things the same for a period is to her benefit.

There have been plenty of ruthless women leaders in history, but that will only get you so far.
Fingers crossed her education was sufficient to cover the rest.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
She's been involved with the famous "Room 39" for a few years too ...

Who is she?

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

She is pretty, but there's steel in those eyes though.

IF Kim is dead, and IF she takes over and isn't removed from this world by accidentally falling down the lift shaft adjacent to Room39's office onto a firing flak gun spewing sarin coated bullets, having a woman running NK is an interesting prospect, because she'll either be much much more strict to cement her positon or she will see that she needs to move to centre ground and maybe let the world in.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Option B is not going to happen.

The Chinese won't permit it. (Think: Falling down the lift shaft adjacent to Room 39's office onto a firing flak gun spewing sarin coated bullets!).

ETA - I mean, just think about it...NK has no accountability on the world stage. The Chinese would have no compunction whatsoever to hesitate on executing her and just blaming the North Korean military. Heck, the North Korean military probably couldn't even figure out if they really did it or not! And, even if they could, they'd probably all agree it was for the best anyway. In order for her to survive politically (and physically), she's going to have to be colder than the polar ice cap and hard as a diamond! (i.e. Ruthless on steroids!) Her ascending to power in NK is probably the scariest thing I can think of for NK and the region.

edit on 4/26/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Sorry if I don’t find someone that helps maintain the oppression of a population attractive.
Not really into Asian girls anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Only saying "That's Racist" in order to beat everyone else to the punch.
Also...You don't know what you're missing (a statement which is probably also, somehow, "Racist")

THIS crazy woman is probably a freak on the futon...and, likely, has jars of her ex-boyfriend's sex organs on her nightstand next to her copy of Mao's 'Little Red Book'.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

It's not up to N Korea to open it's nation up, it didn't put sanctions on itself. Personally I don't think the world should trade with them and it isn't about their nukes, of which they'll never get rid off.

They're sick, North Koreans literally live in 1982 in more ways than one. I don't think it matters who leads them because the power structure is their to stay. It has to be. It's all about indoctrination.

When authority is as evil as the Korean regime there's only one way for it to go, especially if you start giving the peasants freedoms and money.

As it stands the world cannot work with that regime and I think people are delusional to think it will ever really change.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I guess I’m racist then.
Can’t pick what you are attracted to..

Now red heads....

And you’re probably right about her night stand.
edit on 26-4-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Also...You don't know what you're missing (a statement which is probably also, somehow, "Racist")

THIS crazy woman is probably a freak on the futon...and, likely, has jars of her ex-boyfriend's sex organs on her nightstand next to her copy of Mao's 'Little Red Book'.

Yo-Jong looks a lot like a girl I met at Royal Asian Massage. Sound like you met her too.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Yo-Jong looks a lot like a girl I met at Royal Asian Massage. Sound like you met her too.

Hard to know for sure. They're all Korean and they're all named "Kim".

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know that I'd call her hot, but she's certainly a damn sight easier on the eyes than her brother.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Mental illness tends to run in the family. She’s good looking with enough makeup, but the dragon lady is right under the surface. The eyes tell the story, cold and calculating.

When you are conditioned to be a certain way, that is not mental illness. That is conditioning. I do not believe Kim is mentally ill. He is following his programming just like many on this planet do every day in America. We are conditioned to think a certain way and if you follow societies Consensus of the time you are considered normal. Now, Kim is considered a Normal leader in N.Korea. Lots of people in this country are programmed to be deceivers, they do not even realize they are deceiving others, because deceiving others is normal in our society today. None of it makes it right though.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

I guess I’m racist then.
Can’t pick what you are attracted to..

Now red heads....

And you’re probably right about her night stand.

Red heads are not worth the trouble..
Call me old fashioned but nothing beats a blond.

-I think NK could not have a female leader, it could be seen as a sign of weakness.

edit on 26-4-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Soft advertising for the new puppet figure head?

A more digestible north Korea in the making?

A rebuke by the 5th column?

Don't know what to think?

Get in my boat..

The S.S. Bewildered.

We promise a duration longer than 4 hours before we come to rest on a deserted fantasy island ..

Mr. O'rourke won't be there but I've made arrangements for Retardo Montalban to welcome you all..

Never mind the mandatory Tatoo yelling " de train,
De Train"

The professor will marry Ann..

Oh magoo....

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

mmmmm I don't know; I haven't read much about about that. There isn't anything about her brother that says "I'm normal", but OTOH I've seen some footage of him speaking, and nothing jumps out of the screen and screams mental illness to me.

Curious, what type of mental illness are you referring to, psychosis, paranoid schitzophrenia, mania...? Or were you just being flippant.

new topics

top topics

join