It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please understand this: open air heat (outdoors ) may not have an effect on how the virus dies out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, summer is around the corner and beautiful sunshine awaits everyone. But there are few of us living in Asia on this forum and we can probably say this: the sun may not actually have any means how it will kill the virus outdoors.
EX. of this would be the cases in Okinawa. A large increase of cases are now being reported (mainly because people are demanding testing)
If one truly must go out, then wear a mask. Sure, the mask won't stop you from getting the deadly virus, but it will be helpful in one not spreading the virus so easily.
People are getting feed up with staying indoors and IT WILL GET WORSE as the days get hotter. People will not stay indoors and that is a fact.
I've been stating this: the virus is here to stay. one must make an adjustment now how to "survive" with a dangerous virus at every corner in life.

I read this article:news.yahoo.com...

People, this was too soon. Results now from this will be devastating in about 37 days. And yes, I feel sorry for the health care workers at that time. If they walk out due to peoples stupidity , I'm all for it. Nothing but shaming those with insight coming from "screw" people with common sense.
edit on 0400000013152020-04-25T19:15:13-05:00151304pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yahoo News = News for Yahoos
A Southern term...

I guess I should keep quiet on Georgia starting to open back up (after the near 3 weeks of our lockdown)
We are , for the most part , old country folk .
Disclaimer : We are not veterinarians (some of us are) , but we know bullsh__ when we encounter it.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Not going to help much in climate controlled office buildings full of people in cubes with that nice cold AC keeping it cool.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Not going to help much in climate controlled office buildings full of people in cubes with that nice cold AC keeping it cool.

That’s why they will be social distancing, wearing masks and using disinfectants indoors.

We need to get the country back to work.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Oh, I am all for getting the country back to work if those workers are OK with the risk. I am not OK with corporations skirting the rules and forcing people into unsafe work conditions because they can. Do you really think most of these corporations are going to redesign the office space to distance people?

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The "new normal" will be the old normal. Understanding that there is simply one more "killer" in our environment. And a minor killer at that. (Only 0.03% of Americans have died from Covid-19 and the Flu combined in 2020)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The "new normal" will be the old normal. Understanding that there is simply one more "killer" in our environment. And a minor killer at that. (Only 0.03% of Americans have died from Covid-19 and the Flu combined in 2020)

The most sane thing I have read all day. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Do you really think most of these corporations are going to redesign the office space to distance people?

I don't....this will be a perfect time for the workers to form a union so they can at least have a shot at collective bargaining for safe working conditions. If they don't the corps will eat them alive.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
MAY / MAY NOT

I'm really tired of hearing people say MAY and MAY NOT and then acting on those suppositions as if they were science.

This is why the economy has been crashed and is spirialing down. Because something MAY or MAY NOT be true, MAY or MAY NOT be work, MAY or MAY NOT be beneficial.

This is why my liberties have been trashed: because somebody said, This MAY or MAY NOT be be a good solution. And they did it anyway. And the sheep bleated and obeyed and we're screwed. We have given big gov't power and they will never give it back.

Welcome to your Brave New World. It MAY or MAY NOT respect your individual liberties.

Can you give us some facts?

No, you cannot. Neither can anyone else.
:
edit on 2020 4 25 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It has a Lipid Fat coating....that protects the live bacteria masquerading in viral size/shape......what happens when you heat Fat?...cant break it down any more than that man.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Isurrender73

Oh, I am all for getting the country back to work if those workers are OK with the risk. I am not OK with corporations skirting the rules and forcing people into unsafe work conditions because they can. Do you really think most of these corporations are going to redesign the office space to distance people?

Actually yes I do believe the corporation will follow whatever social distancing guidelines they are mandated to follow.

You don’t understand how the system works.

Corporations will do whatever they are told and issue whatever guidelines to their employees that they are required too because no one wants to be sued for being negligent in the spread of Coronavirus.

It’s all about money. Avoiding a lawsuit is financially sound.

Will the employees follow the guidelines is actually a better question to ask.
edit on 26-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yea its like I talked about with some folks, yea it will still be an issue in some crowded areas but in more rural areas the heat and humidity and direct sunlight should help ease things through the summer months.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It seems to be surviving quite well in patients with a fever so how hot does the ambient temp need to be to disable it when it's coughed or sneezed out of someone already infected before it's inhaled by an innocent bystander?

Hot weather and sunlight only limits its shelf life on outdoor surfaces but aerosol droplets will not be disabled.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yahoo News = News for Yahoos
A Southern term...

I guess I should keep quiet on Georgia starting to open back up (after the near 3 weeks of our lockdown)
We are , for the most part , old country folk .
Disclaimer : We are not veterinarians (some of us are) , but we know bullsh__ when we encounter it.

Fellow Georgia resident here. I need a haircut. Can't wait to belly up to my favorite bar and have a drink in public. Restaurant food is much better when it's served at a table instead of being delivered. Have you seen the crowd inside Lowe's the past couple of weekends?

Who knows, Gothmog, we may end up in line somewhere at the same time. If I had an ATS hat, I'd wear it.

edit on 4-26-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My best friend makes blinds and she had to return to work today. They gave them masks made out of blind material with fiberglass in them. No joke. These companies haven't given a crap about their employees around where I live. It's all about money. It disgusts me.

new topics

top topics

join