It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fur wearers beware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think Jennifer Lopez is the worst kind of monster for using real fur in her new fashion line. She deserves to have her head shaved with a dull razor for promoting such inhumanity! Just an other example of American capitalism and why the world hates us.

Read about the horrors of the fur trade:

Click here: JLoDown.com >> J. Lo is Low Down: Animals are Skinned Alive for Their Fur

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
True, but I still think we're not at the top of the food chain or any other kind of chain, as you seem to believe.
Note: I'm pisciovolactovegetarian.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Skinned alive are they now? How does that work, since a live animal is not something you want to come at with a sharp object. I've seen plenty of animals field dressed and once you get to skinning them they are most definately dead. Also how does shaving J Lo's head with a dull razor further your cause of protecting the animals, even comments like that only serve to tarnish an already dull image of the anti-fur people.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm not some huge animal rights activist, but I have a heavy heart and pity for ANY cruelty inflected on ANY animal....I suggest checking out a few of the videos on the link below....

You can watch them sling one on the ground to knock it out, cut it's Achilles tendon, hang it, and rip the fur off from ankle to noise while alive, then throw it onto a pile of others while it continues to quiver and make horrid sounds.....I don't know if it's industry standard, but yes, they do skin alive....It's not the same as field-dressing a deer....

www.furisdead.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It just seems to me to be a very sensationalist approach on the anti-fur side to further their image and make anyone on the wrong end of their political shotgun seem like Hitler reincarnated. Granted that some of the things they talk about probably are going on, getting up in someones face on the street because of their coat is about the dumbest thing they can do. Some times it seems to me that the PETA crowd and some they have spawned take their ideas to an extreme that is just insane.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well - I'll agree....That it is pretty asinine to assault fur-wearers in the street for using their own judgment.....

But if you take a look at the videos in that link, you'll notice that PETA actually has a fur coat donation program.....Any coats that are donated aren't burned or thrown away....They give them to the homeless and needy.....

Now, I'm in no way a PETA supporter (The thought makes me laugh….
).....however.....That's something I can agree with - And after watching that video “fur farm horror,” one can only feel compelled to have a great deal of empathy for this movement....

[edit on 4/4/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Macrento, why did you say that I think I'm at the top of the food chain? Just the contrary, I am a vegan and believe eating animals is unethical. And what is a pisciovolactovegetarian?

Alternativeheaven, Looking back I realize what I said about JLo and the head shaving thing was quite trashy. And you're right, it does bring me down to the fur traders level.
Having become a vegan and animal rights supporter only four months ago I am still overly zealous in my convictions. Hopefully in time I will learn to temper my passion and develop a more diplomatic approach. Even I realize inflammatory remarks will never win anybody over.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I happen to love fur, meat, and any other animal product. This happens to include my cats. Now, when my Bengal cat dies I plan on making him into a pelt because it is beautiful. I appreciate beauty as well as sensory appealing things. I think stuffing him and putting him on display is sick. Does this make me insensitive? We hunt, we kill, we eat. This is our nature. If Jennifer Lopez wants to wear fur, then I say good for her. If she wants to produce a clothing line involving furs, well she can do what she wants, that doesn't mean you have to buy it. I would be a hypocrite if I were to say that raising animals such as rabbits, minks, or any other fur bearing animal for their fur alone is wrong. I work in the medical research industry and use rats, rabbits, and other assorted animals to better mankind, but I do kill them once they have served their purpose. These animals were specifically raised for medical research just like those other animals were raised to make fur coats out of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlynightshade
I work in the medical research industry and use rats, rabbits, and other assorted animals to better mankind, but I do kill them once they have served their purpose.

Actually, The mice are the ones experimenting on us humans you see....And they've found that the answer you're looking for is 42....So, there really is no need to continue!

Sorry - Just got through reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy a few days ago...Saw the opportunity and just couldn't resist

I agree - If you want to wear fur, then go on with your bad self.....It just strikes me as an incredibly cruel, senseless and archaic business that runs rampant with poor ethics and unnerving inefficiency....

At least you'll wait for your cat to die a peaceful death before you make arrangements for what you'd like to have done with him/her....Instead of your very same cat being born and raised solely for its fur, then brutally beaten and skinned alive....

But what can I say....My senior year in high school I dissected a cat that came from a farm that was devoted entirely to breeding them for classroom dissections....We all involve ourselves with certain things we morally don't agree with, but it's having the conscious to make up for it that makes the difference....

[edit on 4/12/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
you know i wish i could afford a fur coat. i have circulation problems and tend to freeze dureing the winter. i will admit that fur coats would be warmer if the fur was on the inside, but even so they are still warmer than modern materials.

humans are designed to be omnivours. so i am true to that and eat plenty of meat to sustain myself. this does not mean i think that we sould torment creatures. they should be killed as painlessly as possible. plants even though they are not designed like animals, i belive can feel pain too. so acording to what you live by we should starve.no humans were given both plants and animals to feed ourselves. a wolf kills to eat should we not by your philosiphy kill them to protect all the animals that they will kill in their lifetimes? no because then their food sources would start to overpopulate and starve. we have done far too much damage to preditors that we must now hunt to keep populations in check.

if you personaly do not care to wear fur or leather, or to eat meat than more power to you. but this does not give you the right to come down on those who are liveing to the way humans were designed. if we were not ment to use nature to our benifit then where is our natural fur coats to keep us warm? why can we process meat if we were designed to be herbavours? btw humans are not at the top of the food chain i leave that to polar bears, to them anything that moves is their food.:shk::bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join