It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - Likely next steps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The sister does look ruthless af, 10x more so than Un, imo.

She skeery looking.

I honestly have no idea what would happen in NK, though. Many things are going on behind the scenes, whether the military or sister are trying to keep the power structure, or something more positive.

I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The thing that I have never understood about NK is they have 20,000,000 essentially slave laborers.

They could open up any factories they want and beat the price structure in China.

They could partner with any of the tech giants and start making electronics etc.

Instead, they spend all their efforts in building more military equipment. Most of their equipment is way to old fashioned to be worth much.

Perhaps it will change with a new leader

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Last thing China wants is chaotic civil war in NK wuth each faction slugging it out to grab power '

The prospect of hundreds of thousands or even million starving refugees heading across the Yalu into China really frightens them

Especially in light of the chaos caused by the corona virus outbreak in China

China will probably arrange for some military coup and put their own stooge in charge to do what Beijing wants

Real wild cards are what happens to NK arsenal of ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons

China already has planes to secure these weapons to prevent someone from firing them off at either the South, Japan, China or even the US

Same with nukes - shooting one of these off could het real ugly

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I suppose that when you have purging's like what's been going on in NK , who really is there to ascend the throne?. They have been living in a Dystopian nightmare where not to laugh or cry on command can get you a life sentence in a labor camp. The Goons that enforce it wont want any change. Their are political officers at every level of society, the only saving grace might be that the body of the state is so ravaged by the virus, it is no longer a functioning entity. If this is the case China will have to set up a proxy state, NK food supply is very fragile Chaos could easily get going so China wont want that because the border will be overwhelmed. So probably Kims sister gets the crown, curtesy of Beijing and as far as the NK populace is concerned , life might look up. If not judging by reports Chaos could just spread into China.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

As others have noted here and elsewhere on ATS, Kim Jong Un's passing will be a closely guarded state secret UNTIL they have a clear succession plan.

Nothing will be left to chance!

And, even if the NK's fell flat on their face, the Chinese wouldn't allow any announcement until there is a "plan". Trust me, they've threatened them with complete isolation if they make a mistake here! No way, will the the NK's err here.

The reason? Jong Un hasn't been in power long enough. His cult of personality is built on his father's shoulders, but unlike his father, he wasn't in power for 20-30 years...only (what is it?) 7-8 years. He never defined his own cult of personality.

There will be NO power vacuum in NK!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

No it doesn't "frighten" China, just like a proxy war wouldn't be their skin in the game.

China has stayed quite distant from NK over the years. They can easily pass off something like what I suggested as unrest based on a new military regime "down there". No skin...no worries.

You underestimate the Asian mentality. Sorry, but it's ruthless.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

She skeery looking.

A lot of people saying she's cute and seems nice. Hell Naw!
Obviously those people haven't lived around Korean women!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Liquesence

She skeery looking.

A lot of people saying she's cute and seems nice. Hell Naw!
Obviously those people haven't lived around Korean women!

Oh, she's kinda cute, but she'd kill you in your sleep in a heartbeat after she had her way...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Chinese culture doesn't view things as a "tomorrow" solution. That's not how they roll.

Chinese philosophy is based on applying generally strong pressure, but unrelenting pressure, over a long period of time. They don't see solutions in days or weeks; they see them in decades or centuries. China knows they have the population to maintain this pressure for decades. It doesn't take a lot of propaganda to maintain the attitude either. They don't ask for an aggressive response to anything...just constant, and unrelenting, pressure.

You need look no further than some of the Chinese martial arts. Their strategy is stunning. They don't break, they bend. They don't strike, as much as they wear their opponent down.

Everything in Chinese society is like this. They're never going to tell you..."You SUCK!"; they'll just slowly kill you, so you don't matter any more. And, if it takes a generation to do it, well, that's okay...like Dorito's...they'll make more!

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Im going with this for now.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Does anyone here think Kim could have got COVID-19 and stroked out?

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
DP
edit on 25-4-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

For the longest times I thought many of the Asian stores in Denver were Chinese, but I was wrong.

Most of them are Korean. And, when you say these folks fight, girl, are you RIGHT!!

I can get the best fresh Kim chi known to Man, but I really have to watch out from all these folks scrappin'! Because they do it with KNIVES!

The Korean culture seems to be much more adept at importing Chinese goods than even the Chinese are.

I love stores like H-mart and Pacific-Mart (H-mart more so).

I think the Chinese have honed their skills at manufacturing, but the Koreans have honed their skills at moving goods!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Everything in Chinese society is like this. They're never going to tell you..."You SUCK!"; they'll just slowly kill you, so you don't matter any more. And, if it takes a generation to do it, well, that's okay...like Dorito's...they'll make more!

Seriously.

100% agree with you. You've got a solid grasp on the mindset.

I'd like to expand on that. That is not exclusive to the Chinese. I've heard this more than once in the Asian community.
Many of us have dealt with unrelenting racism like you cannot imagine, not only from white folks, but also from black people.
We were taught the best way to "get back" is go to school and be successful and be their bosses, or landlords, or shop-owners.

A very scary article:

'American Soil' Is Increasingly Foreign Owned

www.npr.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Most of them are Korean. And, when you say these folks fight, girl, are you RIGHT!!

I was 7 years old. I got jumped by two girls on the bus, came home with a busted lip and black eye.
I was crying and told my mom I got into a fight....

I kid you not when this is what she said "Did you win?"

btw. love me some H-mart!

edit on 25-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Regardless of what happens inside of North Korea, the terrorists running our Mainstream Media will use Kim Jong-Un's death to fabricate another hoax to lock down America even tighter.

Maybe mass bomb-shelters will be constructed, that no-one can exit except on certain days and hours.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Look at him, he looks enormous!
He gained a lot of weight.

www.arirang.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Does anyone here think Kim could have got COVID-19 and stroked out?

No, In MHO, he was so isolated from his people, whatever caused his death was self-induced.

Let's not let this COVID-19 thing get too far out of hand!!

Kim Jong Un was a BRUTAL dictator, like his father before him. Let's not give this piece of feces any credit he doesn't deserve. This sack of pus drank every expensive liquor in the west, smoked every cigarette in the west...he ignored his entire people. Trust me, this puke, insolated himself from anything which could have ever gotten to him.

I wouldn't pee on this guy if he was on fire!! Read up!
edit on 4/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The .KP news sources are featuring stories about him inspecting planes and sending birthday wishes.
There are some anti Japanese stories but the North Korean media will have a hard time explaining why their Supreme Leader died at such a young age.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I agree with you. Whomever China wants as a successor, they will let NK know. I think they will go with the Sister, as it gives the opportunity for NK to not be as nuts. They can use her to relax the issues on the Korean Penisula, such as nuclear disarmanent. Realistically China doesn't want anyone in East Asia having Nukes except them. I can't blame them, I wouldn't either. If they can get NK to give up their nukes, while saving face (Cause a Girl did it not a REAL NK Man.) Then they will. They'll give her a few years of leadership, she will get pregnant, and pass the torch to the real leader China wants, keeping the blood line going, while at the same time allowing NK and China to save face and easing the tensions in Korea. I see this as a good thing. I don't see her going nuts. I see NK relaxing and opening up more, unless a coup happens that China can't control. I don't see that being the case though, as people don't want their entire blood line to just disappear overnight.

Camain

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join