It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was no hope, yet he lives!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Two weeks ago my uncle was admitted to the hospital. Three separate tests confirmed it: he had Covid-19.

My uncle was in the middle of his chemotherapy when he came down with it. He was seriously bad off. Doctors told my aunt by phone that without an immune system there was no way for his body to fight off the virus. The family started preparing for the inevitable.

But then something happened! They put something in his I.V., he didn't know what and even if they told him he wouldn't remember as he has dementia. Then he who was literally at death's door started feeling better!

Then the strangeness happened. Two days later, in the middle of the night, they loaded him in an ambulance and brought him home without even notifying his immediate family. Maybe I'm being paranoid but that just seemed odd to me. Today that old fart was out working in his yard less than a week after being released!

So have they found a treatment that kicks Covid-19 in the ass? Or did the chemotherapy save his life by destroying his immune system? Supposedly the virus causes the immune system to go into overdrive and start attacking the infected's own organs. All I know is that in the condition he was in even before contracting the virus even a mild case of the regular flu would have killed him.

I saw a few days ago on the news that the local university is looking into low doses of chemo drugs as a possible treatment. I'm starting to think they may be on to something.

UofL researchers cautiously optimistic...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe they'll have a cure that uses cholestoral drugs or opium next.................? At least they are looking at some other option besides vaccines.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I remember you were pretty upset about his condition. You were sure you wouldn't see him again. Im glad you didn't lose him!

Don't give the Doctors any ideas! They will put us all on chemo....

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Chemotherapy targets fast growing cells (those would be out of control cancers). Would a virus be considered 'cell like' it seems to reproduce as fast as cancer cells. I could see how Taxipaxal/Carboplatin/Oxiliplatin and the other miriad of such radioactive drugs could kill it. If UV light can kill it you would think a chemical bomb would as well (why a so very expensive treatment for just another variation of the flu). I would say chemotherapy was a happy coincidence.
edit on 24-4-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Wow, that is so hopeful!

Perhaps the doctors don't want to jump to conclusions without confirmation, but it is possible that the virus killed the cancer in a more targeted way than the chemo, and that they used some new treatment for the virus which then cleaned up his system.

Such synchronicities have occurred before in science and medicine.

I hope this is what happened and we have a new tool against cancer.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm in my late 50's, with asthma and arthritis. Young people around me getting sick or kicking the bucket during last weeks. I had a bad asthma episode last month and thought it was the virus but went back to work 2 days later, I'm just fine.

I've been thinking the virus doesn't get me because the strange combination of supplements I take every night before bed time.

French maritime pine bark, prostate supplement, collagen, zinc, Cranberry concentrate and Aleve.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I’m happy to hear he lived.

My friend wasn’t so lucky last night.
The man beat cancer a few years ago.
One of the hardest workers on site.
and last night Covid took him.

The news has been doing a daily Covid report, and even the doctors said he was a fighter.
He had been in the ICU for the past 2 weeks.
His body finally told him it was time to let go.

He Left a wife and children at age 53.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I am so sorry for your loss. He was the same age as me. Too young!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Too young indeed.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m happy to hear he lived.

My friend wasn’t so lucky last night.
The man beat cancer a few years ago.
One of the hardest workers on site.
and last night Covid took him.

The news has been doing a daily Covid report, and even the doctors said he was a fighter.
He had been in the ICU for the past 2 weeks.
His body finally told him it was time to let go.

He Left a wife and children at age 53.

I am so sorry for your loss.

and for the loss to his family.

These things are so unfair...

edit on 25/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sounds similar to what occurred with Britain's Prime Minister BORIS JOHNSON 2 weeks ago. He went from ICU to walking out of the hospital in less than 36 hours. Miracles of medicine that need to be revealed. It's too bad everyone is afraid to ask, "Exactly what made Mr./Ms.________________ heal so extraordinarily quickly?

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
maybe it was infused with cleaning detergent!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Glad he's feeling better! Such an odd yurn of events though! Sudden feeling better and they just brought him home so quickly like that?

Fairly certain this wouldn't be what he's on, as its a very specific use medication (and, I believe, an oral medication), but just as an example of weird things working...

Imatinib (Gleevec), had been found to have excellent in vitro results vs the first of the two modern coronaviruses (SARS & MERS) NCBI Article

I came across this out of concern for my father who is newly on Imatinib. It dampens the immune system as a side effect. That doesn't seem to be the action responsible for its effectiveness vs coronaviruses, however. In the studies, it was great at stopping early replication, but didn't do much of anything further into the virus' process.

Anyhow, different medication, just an example. There may be a lot to sift through, but you might be able to find out from the hospital what they gave him via IV before being released.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You were lucky he was in a hospital that cared.

A hospital near where I lived let a man with cancer and COVID-19 die because they felt it was too dangerous from them to try to treat him.

wgntv.com...

I know this hospital well, years ago, my mother was in it for three weeks. All I will say is anytime we are in that area, she tells me to drive slow so we don't get in an accident and she has to go back to that place.

It's a very upscale, rich, fancy hospital connected with one of the highest ranking teaching hospitals. Looks can be deceiving.

I'm glad your Uncle is doing well and I'm happy HIS doctor's cared.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

He could sign a request to get his medical records released to him. You will be able to see the medication they have him.

And you should do this for the health of other family members. Since you come from the same gene pool, there is a good chance you might respond in a similar way to drugs plus you all probably have the same strain of the virus.

What worked for you Uncle might give you clues on what will work on other family members.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Good to hear he's doing well now. Just wanted to say, it could have been that he had just one of the 'normal' corona viruses.
The test can't determine if it is covid-19, it can only see if you have corona virus RNA in your blood. If he had a vaccine or the flu before, they could have lumped him in with the rest who never had covid-19 but are counted as such.

I don't know what they put into his IV, but even just fluids can do wonders in the elderly, when they are ill.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Not really sure of what type it could have been at this point. My aunt (the only one designated to access his medical info) got rushed by ambulance to the hospital late yesterday evening with it after passing out face first on concrete floor.. She already had congestive heart failure before contracting the virus from my uncle. Now waiting to see what happens with her.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
That's very true. The vast majority of people over 60 do not drink enough fluids so 99 times out of hundred if they get took into hospital there are put on drips. I think a lot of reasons they are ill is because of dehydration, so it's only natural that they feel better after a couple of days on drips.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

My condolences

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Thanks Aallanon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join