It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's this no it's that no it's this no it's these

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This Covid-19 drama is giving me whiplash.
All these conflicting opinions, "Facts", etc:
It was a weapon from China.
No, it was a weapon from the US.
No, it's just a natural fluke.
No, it came from a lab.
No, it's fake and the gubment is using it to take away our rights.
No, it's real but it's being used as a political weapon (that much we actually know is true)
Masks don't work.
Masks save lives.
The deaths are fake.
The deaths are very real.
They're inflating the death rate.
It's all a scare tactic.
It's very real and we should be scared.
If you go shopping without a mask you will die.
If you go shopping with a mask you will die.
You will die.
You won't die.
Nobody has died of covid-19
Everyone has died or will die of covid-19
etc etc etc

What is it, folks? Say it with me: "I don't know."

It's pretty clear that nobody knows diddly about the bug other than that it's spreading through droplets, contact, and social media.
I want to get to the bottom of this mystery as much as anyone else on here does, but the amount of contradiction, conflict, this that and the other is driving me nuts. One minute it's a common cold, the next it's a lethal killer that gives strokes to 20 year olds. Nothing makes any sense. With all the strong opinions on this thing, it's hard to say who to believe. Even the "experts" are wishy washy.

I'm just going to keep washing my hands as usual. I never liked to get too close to people, anyway. It's not making much difference to me. Whether it's bad, real, mild, fake, whatever, I don't want it, but man, the amount of back and forth is just UGH. I don't know who to believe so I'm just going to refrain from even forming an opinion.

Ok, rant over. Gotta admit that was a pretty ranty rant. Dang, that felt good.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'd start with China and investigate from there. Why did they keep information from us and not allow their scientists to come forth and warn us like they wanted to? Why did they not allow our Scientists and Doctors not to go to China to help when we did become aware? Why did they lie about the numbers of infected and dying?

This virus is unlike any other we have ever experienced and spread throughout the world like wildfire. They are still learning things about the damned virus. I'm thinking it was lab made. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

2,8 million infected and ca 197thousand deaths. On going since december 2019. If what you say'd be true it'd be the least effective, most pathetic bioweapon ever.

But, OP: welcome to reality, where there are as many truths as minds thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

No kidding.
Facts are dead. "Truths" are made of oatmeal.
I've given up on even trying to take a stance on this bug.
And yeah, that's what I was thinking. It would be a pretty sad excuse for a bioweapon. Not bad as a psychological weapon though. I guess. Who even knows. I don't.
Heck, I'm not so sure I even care at this point.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Oh the facts are not dead, they're all there. It's the interpretations that depend on who looks at them and in what mood.

Enjoy the ride

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I want to get to the bottom of this mystery as much as anyone else on here does, but the amount of contradiction, conflict, this that and the other is driving me nuts.

Maybe that's exactly their* other intention, when things get serious, cause confusion and keep it alive, as long the general (majority) population sticks to their first intention, which is "This is a real and natural virus, so you people surrender and leave it to the government to take care of everything! Ask nothing, just obey!".

So keep your eyes open, use your judgment, don't believe everything they say, cause it's usually bits of truth mixed with many lies.

*They being the proverbial dark NWO forces.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Night Star

2,8 million infected and ca 197thousand deaths. On going since december 2019. If what you say'd be true it'd be the least effective, most pathetic bioweapon ever.

But, OP: welcome to reality, where there are as many truths as minds thinking about it.

I'd say if it was a bioweapon it was pretty damn effective. The idea that a bioweapon has to be extremely deadly is false.
Look where we are today...Shut the frick down, economy blown to pieces, future uncertain, the continuing SAGA of COVID19 for probably years to come, thousands of businesses will be bankrupted, and an already divided country FURTHER DIVIDED.

If it was a bioweapon I'd say JOB WELL DONE... AND IT IS FAR FROM OVER!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

So it's more a psychological attack than a bioweapon? And even with something available like a modified airborne anthrax that would have killed 80% for sure the villains in this story don't really want to kill, because...?

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Nice ranty rant..

If like me you dont like being close up to people and you have good personal hygiene then getting through this "pandemic" should be easy enough.

I think because its an unknown new virus that all the bullsh1tters came out from bullsh1t land and tried doing their thing.

I been banging my head off the wall for 3 days now, i still cant get to their level of ridiculousness

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That leads to a good rhetorical question that is true for everything in life though--
If they're all there and nobody pays attention to them, what power do they have in society?
Better just drown out the noise and use soap.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Eh, I see what you're getting at, it's biological and sure, it's been weaponized (regardless of original intent or origin), but its actual effects are mostly psychological. Millions sickened, but billions frightened.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Thanks. It was a fun one.
Yeah, I'm just happily hunkered down as I usually do. It's funny, because even as a happy little homebody, I'm all like "sheesh, I missed going one or two places." LOL. (Those places are temp. closed now)

But yeah you're on it, a new virus presents a great opportunity to fling bovine feces around. Never allow a crisis to go to waste!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"They" only ever have the power that we collectively give them.

Im rather baffled that we continue to do just that, with thousands of years of history suggesting we might want to think about it a bit.

It might just be a societal habit, something we are "supposed" to do. And that is fully taken advantage of by those that want to do so.

Ive met real leaders in my life. Its a skill, perhaps learned or innate (maybe both), but it is not derived from popularity, wealth, influence, or position as we tend to define it. Even with someone with that Talent, questioning things is prudent.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm unconvinced that it IS a bioweapon. I was just making a point to whomever I was responding to that said it was a lousy bioweapon because it hasn't killed many people that it has still been effective in other regards. I'm with you, Crosswinds, I've given up taking a stance because everything is turned on it's head right now.

So Yes, I agree with your summary; a bioweapon with a physiological effect. BUT... there remains a host of questions on a biological level too, don't you think? Who's to say how this ends for people that contracted it and those yet to get infected ?

Oh yeah, and a very political weapon also LOL.

edit on 2020251202000000030 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sounds like we're definitely on the same page then. Yeah, that's the really icky part. The people that contracted it and got it bad are what I like to think of as undeserving sacrifices that should never have had to die that way. It's awful.
The ugly thing is that in order for a disease to be an effectice psychoweapon, it does have to kill.

If it kills nobody, it scares nobody, therefore it is totally useless.

This thing kills just enough to be genuinely frightening, particularly with the padded numbers that we've been hearing about. It has an "it could be anybody" feel to it. That's the perfect feel to make anyone afraid because it feels very possible that anyone can get it... and die from it. Nobody is safe.

It's starting like that scene in The Time Machine (1960) when the Eloi (future people) March willfully to their death (underground) at the sounding of the air raid siren, because the "talking rings" of thousands of years before told them the mushrooms (nukes) would sprout.

People are easily trained. It's been a long time in the making, too, to echo Serdgiam's post as well.

new topics

top topics

join