It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More media lies using manipulated statistics...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The article title "8 In 10 Americans Support COVID-19 Shutdown, Kaiser Health Poll Finds" states...

A majority of Americans — 8 in 10 — say strict shelter-in-place guidelines are worth it, to keep people safe from COVID-19 and control the spread of the virus... The same percentage, of around 80% of Americans, also say they can follow the restrictions for at least one more month.

Really? Then why am I consistently seeing people push the boundaries of the "shelter-in-place" orders daily?
"One more month". Yeah, about as long as most peoples money is going to last.

Only around 20% of Americans say the broad shelter-in-place measures are an unnecessary burden that is "causing more harm than good

So 20% of the "respondents" were honest while some of that 8 out of 10 told the pollsters what they wanted to hear.

So how many "respondents" participated?

Tracking Poll of 1,202 adults conducted April 15-20. The margin of error for the overall sample is 3 percentage points. Totals may not add up to 100% because of rounding. 'Don’t Know’ and 'Vol.' responses not shown.

1202 people speak for America now. Who were these people? What were the demographics? Were they all federal and state politicians? Democrats? Republicans?

Majorities of all major political groups say they support the stay-at-home orders, although that sentiment is stronger among Democrats (94% approve the idea) and independents (84%) than Republicans (61%), according to the poll.

The Kaiser poll was conducted from April 15 to 20, through phone calls with 1,202 adults. Interviews were conducted in English and Spanish; all but 261 of the conversations took place via cellphones.

S ource
Maybe I'm just cynical, but if this is anywhere near the truth country-wide, and I don't believe it is, then we are screwed as a nation.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They only polled the top 1%.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Are you actually continually surprised by the antics or is it just for affect? I'm starting to lose the narrative I think.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

1202 people speak for America now. Who were these people? What were the demographics?

They got the medical records and phone numbers of 1202 people who suffer from Agoraphobia.

Ring Ring ......What do you think about the shelter in place situation?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

1202 people speak for America now. Who were these people? What were the demographics?

They got the medical records and phone numbers of 1202 people who suffer from Agoraphobia.

Ring Ring ......What do you think about the shelter in place situation?

Howdy down under, friend! Your reply? Spot on, you said that well! Thanks

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

They only polled the top 1%.

They did the typical polling, they only polled Democrats/liberals/progressives and pretended some of them were conservative.

That is what has thrown of political polls for over 4 years now. We should have learned during the last election, how these polls consistantly are wrong.

The people writing them think they know what is best for everyone and so skew polls. It is SUPER easy to do.

I taught Research Methods in Univ. First thing I did was have them bring in research where the author "cheated" skewed their results with the multiple formulas out there designed to take bad data make it look good, to get the exact result they wanted. That's how I taught it to start with, for the first 3 weeks, this was easy for them to find and identify and often they would show up at every class with several examples and we would discuss them.

Next they had to find research that was good and the results not skewed for the next 3-4 weeks. The students said they spent hours upon hours and tons of digging and most could find NONE, and so brought in the best they could find, then we ripped those apart.

By the time they left my class they knew how to make reliable polls and do research without purposely skewing it to get the result they wanted.

But they won't do it, almost no one in academia does, most skew results to get what they want, because that gets published and gets exposure, and gets grant money, or a sponsor, and they live on that money.

Ask any real academic, especially professional pollsters and if they are honest, they will tell you they get the result that the person who pays the bills wants.

edit on 4/24/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I was watching the NFL Draft last night (just to see how many LSU players were drafted) and I saw player after player surrounded by more than 10 people and nobody was wearing a mask. The only mask I saw was some NFL guy who was in a huge room all alone and when the camera was about to go live, as he thought, he quickly put a mask on.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Are you actually continually surprised by the antics or is it just for affect? I'm starting to lose the narrative I think.

Not surprised. More like appalled.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I can honestly say if I didn't have my disabled parents living with me, who damn near demand no one enters or leaves the house unless they have to (as in life or death in their belief) then I probably wouldn't be indoors. There is a small area of green literally at the end of my street, with benches and I would spend time there with the dogs usually but because of the lock down the parents have gone crazy over it but I personally think I've had it and so don't fear catching it again and so yeah if I didn't have the parents here I wouldn't be sticking to this lockdown because I've been in lockdown for about five or so weeks now and I'm starting to lose my marbles, days have melted into each other, my sleep pattern is so out of whack that I'm up until half four in the morning and have been sleeping until 9/10am.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Maybe you just accept outliers and anecdotes as evidence?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Nice points. May I make a simple observation I see w many such posts about "Media"?

You (we, all of us) use the very same "media"...good or bad...to make thread points here, right?

We all use the very "media-s"...to make our points about fake-ness...in media.

Oxymoron is pretty much my thinking...

We quote the fake, unproven and questionable statistics...as tho THEY were facts...to make OUR points.

Again Klassified...nice post.
edit on 24-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I can honestly say if I didn't have my disabled parents living with me, who damn near demand no one enters or leaves the house unless they have to (as in life or death in their belief) then I probably wouldn't be indoors. There is a small area of green literally at the end of my street, with benches and I would spend time there with the dogs usually but because of the lock down the parents have gone crazy over it but I personally think I've had it and so don't fear catching it again and so yeah if I didn't have the parents here I wouldn't be sticking to this lockdown because I've been in lockdown for about five or so weeks now and I'm starting to lose my marbles, days have melted into each other, my sleep pattern is so out of whack that I'm up until half four in the morning and have been sleeping until 9/10am.

And I have an 85 yr old mother in law w her 94 yr old boyfriend...who are running around to stores like nothing....

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Nice points. May I make a simple observation I see w many such posts about "Media"?

You (we, all of us) use the very same "media"...good or bad...to make thread points here, right?

We all use the very "media-s"...to make our points about fake-ness...in media.

Oxymoron is pretty much my thinking...

We quote the fake, unproven and questionable statistics...as tho THEY were facts...to make OUR points.

Again Klassified...nice post.

Agreed, but I think it is part of the perpetual process of pointing out the "emperor has no clothes".
edit on 4/24/2020 by Klassified because: wording

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm thinking....we quote "fake" as "source", quote "real" as "fake"...and toss em around as "Oh, yeah?!! Well...I read..."...on and on and on.

The reality is somewhere n the middle of the 2.
Best, MS

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Many are happy to stay home 'safe' from work, because they are making more and hate their job enough they don't care how it effects others.

I've seen many of my acquaintances who fear going to work, but have no problem with quashing a craving. Many believe the fraudulence in value means our economy is completely fake and don't seem to care or grasps that there is still a real foundation. They seem to believe we can just wipe the slate clean.

There are billions of people thats lives and livelihoods that are dependant on our economy. Hopefully for our sake they start with foreign funding, but all these social programs thats peoples lives depend on are probably going to be budgeted out of existence. Many people will move below the poverty line by the increased taxes. There will be much more long term damage from our actions than from the virus itself.

edit on 4/24/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Totally agree. I call BS on any alleged "statistics" or "poll results" that contradict my worldview. Even if those results DO represent what these people actually said, 100% of them secretly agree with me. This I know.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

Totally agree. I call BS on any alleged "statistics" or "poll results" that contradict my worldview. Even if those results DO represent what these people actually said, 100% of them secretly agree with me. This I know.

Thank you. I'm glad you concur.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yep. Every store around here has a "Senior Citizen" time for the first two hours they open, where you'll be turned around at the door if you're not a senior.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The Kaiser poll was conducted from April 15 to 20, through phone calls

There’s your problem .

The people who were against the stay at home order weren’t at home to take the call . Lol
edit on 24-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The biggest lie by omission.

60,000 Covid-19 deaths + 50,000 Flu Deaths means only 0.03% of the US population (320 million) has died from Covid and Flu combined.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join