It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting sick of "witty" (if you want to call them that) comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Why is it that 1/2 the posts are serious and the other half try to make some lame joke or some lame poke at the subject. Most if not all the original posts are intended to be serious.

I just find it frustrating when people that just want to get some attention bump in the middle of it and say "EBAY! thats the answer to everything! hardy har har!" I maybe just don't get it, but when I want to look at a certain topic, I have to swim through lame attempts at being funny to fulfill my attempt at gaining knowledge on a certain subject I find interesting

If i wanted to hear a joke, I'd go to a funny-forum.

Am I not seeing something and/or being selfish!?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Gaining knowledge should be first and formost on this forum, sometimes I feel that some members just post to get points or attention! I am a reader and do not post unless I have something to add that may give a different view. I agree with you, I do not like having to read through pages of comments, just to find the posts that add information to the subject. Thanks!

[edit on 13-3-2005 by RealFlight]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's understandable, and it's what is both a blessign and a curse to this place.

It's hard to take the news reports seriously from here, when the responses to the end of it are about the silliest things you've ever heard come from the fingertips of that perticular person. (Most on here do treat this seriously, though.)

at the same time, if it wasn't for that lightheartedness, we'd be like a lot of other conspiracy sights...without the ability to laugh at ourselves, we'd look like we are really the outer fringe of reality that the typical dumb jock thinks we are You know, not being able to grasp reality, breeding paranoia, and the haunt of the wannabes?
We can't take that out of ATS no matter hwo annoying it gets....yes, there does need to be some moderation....hence why we are supposed to keep on topic.

Then let's add to the confusion: Look at some of my comments in other threads. Some of them are obviously me being silly....but later on, I'll go back, or even int he same thread, I'll give some pertinant info... It happens that some of my funnier thoughts are rather relavent, that's all....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
you know if you had a problem with by ebay comment on that silly can you sell your soul thread, you could have come right out and said it.

You can buy and sell souls on ebay, and if you had bothered to check, you would know it wasn't a joke. I was being serious, while making a joke at the same time. That's the best kind of humor.

In general I agree with what you're saying, that there should be better replies at ATS, but there's a place for humor in all things. Just because you don't appreciate it doesn't mean someone else won't. Laughter can save your life you know.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Zedd's handbook

Check the link out, it will help a ton.

Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
You can buy and sell souls on ebay

Oh goodness. I have never spent time on EBAY,
but when they say they sell everything, I guess
they are right!

In a normal IRL conversation people will discuss
facts, make comments, laugh, discuss more facts,
interject, get off topic for a while .... whatever.
The conversations here just follow what normal
conversations IRL follow.

Except that sometimes people hide behind their
Avatars and say mean things that they wouldn't
say if they were face to face with a person.

Being anon. can bring out the worst in people at times.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I admit to often injecting a bit of 'pixyness' into my threads, and will continue to do so since that is part of being 'Pisky'

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Except that sometimes people hide behind their
Avatars and say mean things that they wouldn't
say if they were face to face with a person.

Not me - Everyone loves the Pixy Baby

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Some people have nothing else to say, but they want to "participate" on the board. I think it's as simple as that.

That and it garners them attention.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ohhhh, stop being so stuffy and pompous.......

Laughter is the best medicine. If i wanted all seriousness and stuffiness there's other places i'd go for that.
After a day of work dealing with unsavory people, do i want to read all straightlaced stuff and read a bunch of pompous Jacks? no.

Whats wrong with a good informative post followed or preceeded by something to make you smile?

Some of you are way too serious here for my taste. I'd make it mandatory to be witty and funny if i were running this place.

Loosen up, life's too short.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
After a day of work dealing with unsavory people, do i want to read all straightlaced stuff and read a bunch of pompous Jacks? no.

Are you going around tasting people???? Unless you are into porl like the insane, you won't like human flesh....so it would be unsavory. I guess you mean that the pompous taste like poopy?

*sigh* I'm a bit dimented this morning, apparantly.

Now, is this specifically the type of htign you hate seeing?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My business brings rude people to me.
no, havent tasted them yet, though i come close at times...LOL...

I'd be willing to betcha they taste foul. I have to cater to them and treat them nice even if they swear and cuss and yell at me. When i leave work nothing but nice will do for me. Mu hubby is nice (he knows better) and so is the rest of my family...lest they get a good swift kick from the DG.

I only brawl from 6-2pm. The rest is "nice" time.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Humour is an excellent stress reliever. Some topics are hard to deal with without humour. There is a time and place for it though.

new topics

top topics

join