It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are starting to ignore the fearmongering

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here's something I posted last month:

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

It wont be safer when people are fighting in shops over everyday necessities or if full scale riots break out. And mark my words, if this goes on for several more months it will come to that, I can already see many people are reaching the breaking point and we've barely begun. The largest threat to my well-being right now certainly isn't CV19, it's the panicked people and the economic repercussions.

In the last week or so we've seen a lot of protests in nations all around the world start to pop up, meaning people are now reaching the limits of what they will accept and many people are also starting to understand that the severity of CV19 has been dramatically overestimated. A couple of weeks ago it was like a ghost town where I live in Australia, but over the last few days it has been full of people and nearly all the shops are reopening. Our prime minster just announced we might begin relaxing the restrictions, but people have clearly already decided that was going to happen. I guess people can only take a certain amount of fearmongering before they get tired of it and decide not to live their life in fear.

Thankfully we haven't seen many violent protests and I hope that continues, but if people are isolated for too long it will inevitably happen because people are slowly being driven insane. That is why these restrictions will have to start being removed some time soon, there really isn't a choice in the matter, unless we want to risk permanent psychological damage to many people along with sever economic damage. It's fine and dandy to believe in a utopian vision where Covid-19 will be erased from the face of Earth, but it simply wont happen, we need to be realists in this situation and stop letting fear control us. Death can be scary and it's very easy to appeal to that fear.

I want to remind you of something... you're going to rot, your tissue is going to disintegrate off of your bones, and then your bones will disappear, as if you never were here.

~ Sean Stephenson

edit on 23/4/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This 100x.

This is anecdotal at best but today I seen a group of vagrants savagely beating one of their own kicking him in the head ect. I rushed over and shouted about the cops being in route and I helped the man till the ambulance came.

Time came for me to make a statement to the police about what I saw. Well they wanted it at the station so I go down there, doors locked with a number to call to get let in. Call number get automated covid message with another number to call. Call that number get told to go to station in person, well I am at the station in person already I say. Well call the number on the door they say.

The sheer frustration added to every day tasks, line ups to get the mail, line ups outside the stores just to get in not just at the till. Everything all the time covid. Can’t even get parts on time anymore because some dealers are closed.(these are parts are for water treatment a pretty important service....truly essential. )

I just left at point. Hope that guys ok.
edit on 23-4-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yep, I figure we'll open too soon and screw up any kind of recovery. Many people can't wrap their heads around the issue.

+50 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golani
Yep, I figure we'll open too soon and screw up any kind of recovery. Many people can't wrap their heads around the issue.

What I can't wrap my head around is why my going out threatens you if you stay in your house. Put a sign on our front door that says CHINESE FLU FREE ZONE (or the made up name Covid-19, or whatever you want), and I promise I'll stay away from you!

If you are so damn scared of the possibility of getting sick, you stay home, curled into a fetal position in the most remote corner of the most remote room in your house. You see, that way if I go out and you stay in, you don't have to worry about me getting you sick.

As a matter of fact, you are and have always been statistically many, many times more likely to die in an auto accident or some other random occurrence than you are from contracting the Chinese CCP virus. So, why don't you just plan to live the rest of your life in the back corner of that back room where you'll be safe, safe, safe from all the bad things that might happen to you?
:
edit on 2020 4 23 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yes people are sick of the hipe.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
When will the people learn?

They don't really care about us...

edit on 24-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You can't ignore fear-mongering when it comes from an upstanding respectable former Senator who was also a U.S. Vice President!

Trump Will Delay The November Election: www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You can't ignore fear-mongering when it comes from an upstanding respectable former Senator who was also a U.S. Vice President!

Trump Will Delay The November Election: www.cnn.com...

"Mark my words: I think he is gonna try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can't be held,"

From a Southerner , when we hear those first 3 words "Mark my words..." anything following that is horsesh__ and to be completely ignored.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Also like your avatar is exactly what I thought when I seen that black ribbon BS on google.

Watch the next A hole who goes on spree will be wearing one of those black ribbons.

a reply to: incoserv

edit on 24-4-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Exactly:

Mark my words: No New Taxes!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly. As a crane operator in Vancouver BC I’ve worked everyday. Take transit in too work everyday. See all the other people deemed “essential” out everyday.
If your afraid of the seasonal flu (China flu) stay home be afraid.
So done with this hoax just can’t quite figure who’s needs all this serves still bugged by that. And will we ever know 🤷‍♂️

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I didn't figure it would be long before people stopped buying into the BS. There are hundreds of millions of Americans who haven't been affected personally by this, other than having some of their rights taken away. The DNC's plan to destroy the economy and blame it on Trump is being foiled yet again.

At first there were millions who liked the idea of drawing 2/5th's pay and staying home but now they're starting to slowly realize how ignorant it is because of all of us who are still going to work everyday, dropping our kids off at daycare everyday, going to stores, etc., and not getting sick.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

From a Southerner , when we hear those first 3 words "Mark my words..." anything following that is horsesh__ and to be completely ignored.

Bless your heart.

Being a non-southerner, it took me a while to figure out that southerners talk in code, cannot talk to one another without fear of insulting someone and I find that hypocritical. I’d rather be talked to without having to decode what they said two hours later. I like the NE states, saves me time for interpretation. Just the facts jack.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The MSM are catering to idiots, plain and simple.

we have got the message, one person dies in this, another inflected there, this business that, this-oh shut up already!!!

Sir david attenborough could've died an hour ago, but all we'll hear is 'a man in his fifties has succumbed to the...'

let me guess...A psychotic pokemon rebellion?

'coronavirus"

Damn i was so close. I've said it before and i'll say it again-the MSM are necromancers, the feed of fer and death.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Right from the start it was always known that civil rest would ensue if they pushed it too far. Here in Britain people are so over-reacting to the fear and scaremongering that it simply isn't human behaviour...it's robotic, programmed impulse. The frustration at them is so high it is incredible!

I can't say what I really want to say, but I am so pissed at the people for being such compliant sheep in ways that defy common sense and self-respectability, and we still have idiots posting that the fear is real! There's a real schism, a dangerous disconnect between most people allowing their intelligence to see through all the bull#. Yes, the virus is real, but it is over-played, over-hyped, and unfortunately, over here and there and everywhere. It will kill a small percentage of each country's population, and the medical teams will kill a fair number through aggressive ventilator treatments. Hey, let's applaud them for that. let's call them heroes. Let's crash economies and make damn sure everyone suffers!

Political leadership is non-existent in any country, I just don't see it. There's no real leader anywhere. I'm supposed to be surrounded by fellow Britons, but I don't recognise any of them, I see none. All I see are sheep running scared of wind and draughts and other people breathing. It's pathetic!

Okay. So there's a virus out there. Take sensible precautions and maintain perspective, and continue living your normal life, but no...not on this planet!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

hrmmmm... let's look back in history.

Philadelphia parade exposes thousands to Spanish flu

Philadelphia was the hardest-hit city in the United States. After the Liberty Loan parade (celebrations to promote government bonds that helped pay for the Allied cause in Europe) on September 28, thousands of people became infected. The city morgue, built to hold 36 bodies, was now faced with the arrival of hundreds within a few days. The entire city was quarantined and nearly 12,000 city residents died.

I get that people want things to go back to normal. Just be aware that there is no going back to normal.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's curious how the only beneficiary of this pandemic is the mainstream media. Everyone the world over staying at home having to ingest news, that is like their ultimate "17 virgins" wet dream come true. Better make the most of it! Better tell the masses Trump said to inject disinfectant into your eyeball when he was just asking about flushing your system in some similar way! Better create a "people's hero" and make sure lots of wealthy donors and corps send an old man £17m. Better have celebrities do something from home so £20m can be raised for # knows who. Better warn people not to overwhelm the empty hospitals, better claim any and all deaths from March 1st are Covid, better stand out and clap for people who were unlucky enough to have # jobs that couldn't be shut down cos they work in the petrol station! Not all of this is "bad" but it is most certainly all "whipped up" by the lame stream. Everything that's getting talked about - you only need to spend 2 or 3 minutes researching the story yourself to see how MSM is skewing the reality.

And here's a new thoughtful video by Dave Cullen

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They also found during the Spanish flu that fresh air and sunlight helped with recovery and yet here we are a hundred years later trying to lock people in their homes away from fresh air and sunlight.

New study shows that direct sunlight and heat and humidity significantly impact the life span of the virus outside the host.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I wish I could award 1,000 stars for a post. If I could, this one would get all of them!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golani

It's cute that you think we will recover from this. It's not going away, if that's what you are suggesting. Covid19 is now a permanent fixture in our society. We can only adapt...the question is, how quickly. The realist in me says our country will probably have to march right over the bodies of the infected. The ones who truly died directly because of their disease, to be clear. Just like we have marched over tens of billions of other bodies who died from preventable causes we don't panic about.
edit on 24-4-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join